Final Girls, Who Is Better and Why?

Space Cowboy

Who Is The Better Final Girl?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is The Better Final Girl?

Featured Posts

Space Cowboy
18 minutes ago, RebeldeFaith said:

I was joking mostly tbh :fan: but yes, she made it through four movies. :legend:

I need to rewatch it, my fav is Brenda in the movie theatre.

Me during that whole scene:

F4SN7OCbgAA7-uj.jpg

• LMAO 2

monstertoronto
2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Trauma can do that, though in Ends she does fine some solace I feel. Only took her 40 years :/

It’s totally fair that that’s what happened to her, she went through so much. But if I’m directly asked to compare her to Sidney as a final girl character. I prefer the way Sidney seems to have processed her own trauma in a healthier way that makes her the stronger final girl, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Space Cowboy
7 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

It’s totally fair that that’s what happened to her, she went through so much. But if I’m directly asked to compare her to Sidney as a final girl character. I prefer the way Sidney seems to have processed her own trauma in a healthier way that makes her the stronger final girl, in my opinion. 

It's almost as if Sidney refused to let what happened to her effect her for too long, she went through her phases, she's very different in 5 compared to 3, overall Sidney gives you more as a FG then Laurie imo.

• Like 1

RebeldeFaith
2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

I need to rewatch it, my fav is Brenda in the movie theatre.

Me during that whole scene:

F4SN7OCbgAA7-uj.jpg

She's truly the best!!! 

scary movie halloween GIF by HULU

Something something idk
  • YAAAS 1

TimotheeChalamet
7 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

This is all giving Telenovela :icant:

Indeed, that's why the series went downhill before Jamie Lee Curtis returned 😂

• Like 1

djBuffoon

Sidney, and I say that as someone who loves Laurie and Halloween is my all-time favorite film.

Whereas most final girls gain definition and specificity once they realize a killer is on the loose and they have to fight back, when we meet Sidney, she is already someone who is battling demons. She is already a three-dimensional character who has experienced tremendous loss and pain and ends up taking ownership of her life.

And what I appreciate is that, although the series has changed writers several times, they always do right by Sid and her development as a character.

• YAAAS 2

Space Cowboy
2 hours ago, djBuffoon said:

Sidney, and I say that as someone who loves Laurie and Halloween is my all-time favorite film.

Whereas most final girls gain definition and specificity once they realize a killer is on the loose and they have to fight back, when we meet Sidney, she is already someone who is battling demons. She is already a three-dimensional character who has experienced tremendous loss and pain and ends up taking ownership of her life.

And what I appreciate is that, although the series has changed writers several times, they always do right by Sid and her development as a character.

Perfectly said.

Space Cowboy
9 hours ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Indeed, that's why the series went downhill before Jamie Lee Curtis returned 😂

I've still never seen the RZ Halloweens, I knew better, even then.

TimotheeChalamet
1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

I've still never seen the RZ Halloweens, I knew better, even then.

Halloween II is severely underrated, The Beginning starts off good with Michael's childhood but turns into a lame remake in the second half. Their artistic vision is completely different from the rest though, so they're hardly part of the franchise 

• Like 1

Space Cowboy
15 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Halloween II is severely underrated, The Beginning starts off good with Michael's childhood but turns into a lame remake in the second half. Their artistic vision is completely different from the rest though, so they're hardly part of the franchise 

Exactly, I've heard II takes a questionable symbolistic route through it a bit but mostly in the end and I just think that's not what I want from a Halloween movie. Maybe this is a sign to give them a watch though.

TimotheeChalamet
5 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Exactly, I've heard II takes a questionable symbolistic route through it a bit but mostly in the end and I just think that's not what I want from a Halloween movie. Maybe this is a sign to give them a watch though.

Yes, The Beginning has a nasty visual style especially in the first hour, where we dive more into Michael's twisted psychology (he grew up in a pretty ****ed up family), but the oniric flare and stylized murders come with Halloween II: which is far from a masterpiece and sometimes slow, but one of the most inspired Rob Zombie movies for sure. And it's very violent. 

Edited by TimotheeChalamet
  • Like 1

Space Cowboy
4 hours ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Yes, The Beginning has a nasty visual style especially in the first hour, where we dive more into Michael's twisted psychology (he grew up in a pretty ****ed up family), but the oniric flare and stylized murders come with Halloween II: which is far from a masterpiece and sometimes slow, but one of the most inspired Rob Zombie movies for sure. And it's very violent. 

Ugh see I like RZ I'm just not about his vision when it comes to his cinematography. I saw a bit of The Devil's Rejects when I was way too young and did not care for it then. :sweat:

TimotheeChalamet
3 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Ugh see I like RZ I'm just not about his vision when it comes to his cinematography. I saw a bit of The Devil's Rejects when I was way too young and did not care for it then. :sweat:

No okay it's understandable, I only really dig The House of 1000 Corpses among his films 

• Like 1

Space Cowboy
On 10/3/2023 at 2:09 AM, TimotheeChalamet said:

No okay it's understandable, I only really dig The House of 1000 Corpses among his films 

Yeah his style is very gritty.

Oriane

I have only watched the first Scream but from what I'm reading in this thread, I'm having trouble understanding how a character who shows absolutely no sign of trauma is better than a character who actually shows the impact of what she's been through. Seems like bad writing and character development but maybe it was just impossible to explain with words :air:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 1