Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Grimes & Illangelo - I Wanna Be Software

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Helxig
18 hours ago, Battle 4 Ur Life said:

Even tho no one knows she exists, Zowie did it better 12 years ago. lol

You Treat Me (Like I’m Software) has a positive message about self-love and toxic masculinity. :ororomunroe:

the album is really good btw.

I had a longer reply but it would probably be flagged off topic and simply not worth it.

the OP? :alsemanche::littlepotter::zilla::diane:

I know Zowie because I'm from New Zealand :wtfga:   I forgot she existed so this was a blast from the past holy cow

My heart had fallen apart, you made me feel brand new, and you knew jut what to doooo. I have a half broken heartbeat, I am a broken machine :woohoo:  man that song used to play constantly here

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Love 1

Helxig
16 hours ago, Bowman said:

I don’t know if anyone else agrees with me but I don’t find grimes’ work impressive :awkney: I feel like she’s trying too hard to be ahead of her time and futuristic but it doesn’t seem to do it for me? With the whole ai technology etc. is boring and nothing special, in my eyes it’s aged badly. I wanna hear real organic music, I wanna see real album artwork. 

You can’t beat human creativity

Her older stuff was great. And she even has one song that is very organic and less electronic which I really love 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Love 1

ALGAYDO

This was… interesting. Not good but not terrible either. It’s just weird how it seems like she’s going for a more commercial project than what she usually does. 

I hope the album had better songs tho cause this wasn’t good enough to be the lead single 

Teletubby
6 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

I hope the album had better songs tho cause this wasn’t good enough to be the lead single 

this isn't the lead single. this is a new, next level music that she wanted to release before Book 1, because Book 1 is old and she got bored of it.
the next song that she is dropping is Utopia from Book 1 https://droplink.io/grimes/utopia

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, Teletubby said:

this isn't the lead single. this is a new, next level music that she wanted to release before Book 1, because Book 1 is old and she got bored of it.
the next song that she is dropping is Utopia from Book 1 https://droplink.io/grimes/utopia

Omg good. Thank you for the info sis 

tomsches

I just wanna add Holly Herndon‘s album PROTO to this discussion. It’s from 2019 and an AI album. The difference is, she created the AI Programme herself and programmed it so it would write traditional folk music if it were recreated by aliens visiting earth. The album includes teaching sessions in which she teaches the Programme traditional folk music. When she performed it live, she also taught the Programme new songs so every performance would be something new. That’s an AI album concept well done. 

alsemanche
40 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

next level music

when does this next level begin? :ladyhaha:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1

Bowman
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

Her older stuff was great. And she even has one song that is very organic and less electronic which I really love 

I forgot about this one, it's such a great song

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Love 1

Teletubby

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

holy scheisse

Idk I actually bopped to it and will be listening again :lolly:

Also pretty cool that Illangelo’s biggest song on Spotify is a remix of marry the night. I knew the name was familiar!

Edited by holy scheisse

Roboboy
14 hours ago, alsemanche said:

If the music has no substance, it's superficial. If that's what she's aiming for, good for her, it still sucks. I'm not reducing anything down to anything, there's 5000 ways to do things, and doing them badly like Grimes is is one way :billie: The music she's making is painfully generic and has nothing to do with the concept she's allegedly conveying. Miss A wasn't that way (still not my favorite by hers but it has some standouts) and the whole concept and execution matched to a certain extent, while with these tracks it's just... nothing. Repeating "I wanna be software"... be serious.

"generic" is becoming my least favourite word on the internet like that barely means anything, i've literally never heard vocal production like this, the song has really ambitious chord changes and production choices, like you really have no idea what you're talking about but for some reason people love to use the word generic just to describe something they dislike...

AURAOFSHEISSE

I enjoy her new work for what it is, but maybe that’s because I’ve come to terms with the fact that she will never make anything close to the level of her old music again

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”