Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Grimes & Illangelo - I Wanna Be Software

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

NATAH

this would work really well as a disney movie credits song and idk if that's a good or bad thing

mother, what must i do?

Battle 4 Ur Life

Even tho no one knows she exists, Zowie did it better 12 years ago. lol

You Treat Me (Like I’m Software) has a positive message about self-love and toxic masculinity. :ororomunroe:

the album is really good btw.

I had a longer reply but it would probably be flagged off topic and simply not worth it.

the OP? :alsemanche::littlepotter::zilla::diane:

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 1

Bowman

I don’t know if anyone else agrees with me but I don’t find grimes’ work impressive :awkney: I feel like she’s trying too hard to be ahead of her time and futuristic but it doesn’t seem to do it for me? With the whole ai technology etc. is boring and nothing special, in my eyes it’s aged badly. I wanna hear real organic music, I wanna see real album artwork. 

You can’t beat human creativity

Edited by Bowman
𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Luv u Sum

it's kinda sad to hear the music she's putting out now.. the whole reason why i, and so many others, have been huge fans of her is because of her creative edge and the fact that it was 100% self made.. now... we have these shallow and very effortless songs that have production from other people ?? so like what is she really contributing to here. i will say this is her best song since player of games (which isn't even all that) but it's just repeating the same thing over and over and it's not something all that interesting... idk man. grimes was my girl for a long time and i guess we will see how these "book" albums play out if we ever hear them in full but i miss her 

• Like 2

alsemanche
1 hour ago, Bowman said:

I don’t know if anyone else agrees with me but I don’t find grimes’ work impressive :awkney: I feel like she’s trying too hard to be ahead of her time and futuristic but it doesn’t seem to do it for me? With the whole ai technology etc. is boring and nothing special, in my eyes it’s aged badly. I wanna hear real organic music, I wanna see real album artwork. 

You can’t beat human creativity

Her pre-Miss Anthropocebe work wasn't like that tbf, she just made great electronic music back then. But yeah her current work hasn't been good at all. She got too engulfed in this whole AI post-apocalyptic technological world thing and totally forgot that the music should actually reflect that beyond cringe "hur dur technology AI robots" lyrics and AI artworks. Where's the substance? Literally nowhere to be found

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bowman
5 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Her pre-Miss Anthropocebe work wasn't like that tbf, she just made great electronic music back then. But yeah her current work hasn't been good at all. She got too engulfed in this whole AI post-apocalyptic technological world thing and totally forgot that the music should actually reflect that beyond cringe "hur dur technology AI robots" lyrics and AI artworks. Where's the substance? Literally nowhere to be found

Yeah i totally agree with this! 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Roboboy

the way her voice is processed is INCREDIBLE woahhh i'm so in love

Roboboy
5 hours ago, alsemanche said:

you go wrong when you say "the music SHOULD actually reflect" like you are not the person to dictate that lol. you have a very warped idea of where "substance" lies you're just reducing it down to a specific sound and aesthetic you prefer - stop trying to add moral justifications to your very simple normal opinions

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

SpookyKid

not my favorite from hers, hope book 1 (if it ever comes out :poot:) has some better songs on it

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

alsemanche
9 hours ago, LG6IsHere said:

you go wrong when you say "the music SHOULD actually reflect" like you are not the person to dictate that lol. you have a very warped idea of where "substance" lies you're just reducing it down to a specific sound and aesthetic you prefer - stop trying to add moral justifications to your very simple normal opinions

If the music has no substance, it's superficial. If that's what she's aiming for, good for her, it still sucks. I'm not reducing anything down to anything, there's 5000 ways to do things, and doing them badly like Grimes is is one way :billie: The music she's making is painfully generic and has nothing to do with the concept she's allegedly conveying. Miss A wasn't that way (still not my favorite by hers but it has some standouts) and the whole concept and execution matched to a certain extent, while with these tracks it's just... nothing. Repeating "I wanna be software"... be serious.

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1