❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
question

What do you think now about Ocean Blvd. & Endless Summer Vacation

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Blackout19

These were so far the most expected albums this year. And I am curious what is your opinion now about them.

Me:
Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd. :
- I still don't like this album, and I doubt I will try to listen again. I got boring after the first 4 songs. It's crazy, cause I am a big fan of Lana, but I think with this album it's the same like ARTPOP. The only track that I like is the title track.

Endless Summer Vacation:
- Now this is my favorite album from Miley. River is my favorite song from her. This album is really perfect for the summer.
- I hope Violet Chemistry or Wildcard will become singles 

Arcadia GIF by Lana Del Rey

River GIF by Miley Cyrus

Vino cu noi în bucătărie, adu cu tine și o farfurie.

Original Diva

I haven't even listened to Ocean Blvd tbh, but I love ESV.

Literally the only tracks I don't care for on ESV are Wonder Womand and Thousand Miles.

Handstand I didn't like at all initially, but it's become an all-time fav for me.

There's so many great songs on the album. For me it was a real grower.

excuse me no

alsemanche

Ocean Blvd. is my favorite Lana album and it's exactly what I wanted her to release. Her evolution has been insane and this album is just proof of how much of an amazing artist and poet she is. 

ESV... I head it once and never went back to it. Almost none of the songs stuck, it was very boring and unimpressive. She pretty much took the Harry Styles route but made it slightly better but not good enough for it to be interesting. Very disappointing for Miley and for a Plastic Hearts follow-up. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Auralegends

ESV has some great songs like Wildcard, River and Thousand Miles. Sadly all songs are eclipsed by the popularity of Flowers, which is a shame

LilyLark

Interesting, I had the exact opposite take.

I love Miley, but ESV did nothing for me. I only liked a handful of tracks. I was a giant fan of Plastic Hearts btw and thought it should have had a much, much higher MC score. I honestly feel like critics aren't very fair on Miley.

Ocean Blvd. is one of my favorite Lana albums, and I think A & W is arguably her best song.

LilyLark
3 minutes ago, Auralegends said:

ESV has some great songs like Wildcard, River and Thousand Miles. Sadly all songs are eclipsed by the popularity of Flowers, which is a shame

Yeah, River was one of the few tracks I liked on ESV. I actually think River is way better than Flowers.

River
4 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah, River was one of the few tracks I liked on ESV. I actually think River is way better than Flowers.

Thank you for your support :traumatica:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

NNES

ESV is one of my favs this year, I did not really like it in the beginning because it did not sound like I was expecting but now I appreciate the album! Island, Handstand, Jaded, River, etc are really good songs tho.

I couldn't listen to Ocean Blvd in full at first listen, I thought it's too boring and my opinion did not change. My least favorite Lana album BY FAR. I don't think it will ever change. But now I appreciate Chemtrails more, Oceans Blv impact :derpga:

Blackout19
12 minutes ago, NNES said:

But now I appreciate Chemtrails

This album is really great. In my top 3 favorite albums from her 

Vino cu noi în bucătărie, adu cu tine și o farfurie.

alsemanche
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

I agree, it's the only song I occasionally go back to. Flowers is just... so meh :rip:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

HookerOnAChurch

I think what I've always thought; they are both great albums. 

GagaIsMyCure

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd is simply a masterpiece, definitely in my top 3 with NFR and Honeymoon

Endless Summer Vacation is very good, I like to listen to it but Plastic Hearts remains my fave from Miley

Danny Milk

Love Ocean Blvd, probably in my top 3 albums of the year

Honestly haven't really listened to ESV since it released

I guess it doesn't really matter

Archived