💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga in San Jose: I Will Also Be Everything You Hate

Mills

Featured Posts

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate when people throw shade like this...

just would like to point out if the show was only an hour and a half the reporter would have claimed she wasn't on stage long enough

SHE CAN'T WIN

The "don't ****ing forget me" was more of a one-liner to end the show. idk, if anybody was actually there can there be anything said about her attitude? It'd be best to know upfront.

On the review itself, I think he makes pretty good points. Just what he says as the negatives I personally see as the highlights. Though, maybe I kind of agree with the talking a bit.

3 points in and ready for more

She then donned a really bad '80s glam-metal suit on "Electric Chapel" -- which made her look like a member of Motley Crue. She even "played" a cheesy electric guitar solo -- which made her sound like a member of Motley Crue.

They make this sound like a bad thing :huh:

Can someone explain what did she mean with this ''I Will Also Be Everything You Hate'' ?

FreePalestine

petestavros

Let's be honest here. We love the show because we are fans. I absolutely ADORE the Born This Way Ball. But from the public's perspective, not so much. The reviewer is right in some senses. For example...

"She went through costume changes, story-lines, theatrics, dance routines and special effects at breakneck speed, to the point where the only constant was change itself."

That is SO true. Compared to the Monster Ball, which is my favorite Gaga tour, this show is a bit messy at some points and rushed. She should definitely try cutting some songs.

The set is AMAZING. We all love the songs and she's definitely doing a better job with the Born This Way songs than the ones from past albums. Other than that, I love it.

But yeah, it's rushed and she does talk a bit too much for the public. We love to hear her talk, but the other average curious concert-goers don't. She needs to do something like The Monster Ball for ARTPOP, just to regain that public popularity she once had.

Oh, and for other reviewers actually giving her a good review. Get this, for example, shows like this never happen in Asia, East Europe, South Africa, etc... It's pretty BIG when an artist of this magnitude goes to a place like that. So they all go nuts and the press obviously give all the huge, stadium spectacles good reviews.

And it's not the same, let's say, to have Gaga perform at the HP Pavilion in San Jose than her performing at Twickenham in London as far as a review. She'll obviously do better at the London show. You feel me?

mr.peter

Can someone explain what did she mean with this ''I Will Also Be Everything You Hate'' ?

wear fur in my case :lolgaga:

Idk, it seems like this reviewer was just looking for negative things to say, a lot of which doesn't make sense.

This time around, a giant inflatable torso gives "birth" to Gaga in a disturbingly anatomically correct fashion. The newborn pops out and sings, appropriately enough, "Born This Way"  truly a case of "too much information," if you ask me.

SOMEonE HELP ME A SIMULATED VAGINA IT BURNS MY EYES

The stage was designed to look like a three-story medieval castle, a setting that, to be honest, fit this high-profile Obama supporter about as well as a "Vote Republican" T-shirt.

What?? It's a pop-concert, not a political rally. :smh:

Her voice, on the other hand, sounded fairly strong throughout the evening. One wishes, however, that she'd use it more for singing and less for talking  especially about herself. I can't think of any other performers who chat as much about themselves onstage. Indeed, if I was to summarize and paraphrase everything Gaga said to the crowd during the course of the evening, it would go something like this, "Me, me, me, me. I'm special. Very special. Me, me, me. Look at me."

The writer grudgingly said one nice thing about her voice, but only to contrast with all the negatives :smh:

San Jose was the 3rd GaGa concert I've attended. I went to an early, smaller version of the Monster Ball in 2009 and then the full-blown arena version in 2010. I probably see 8-10 concerts a year, although probably only 2 or 3 arena-sized shows.

Her show has gotten much tighter. In her earlier shows, costume and scenery changes took so long that you needed the interstitial videos to paper over the lengthy breaks. As much as I enjoyed them, they interrupted the flow of the show. She did shorter versions of many of her songs, including Poker Face. Her goal was to make sure you heard at least part of her hits. And by bringing out a version of the meat dress and "the egg", she referenced some of her own iconic moments.

Her dialogue was easier to empathize with this time. I've seen her give the "I hate money" rant at both Monster Balls. The second time she said that, she was in front of 15,000 people who had paid $100-$200 to see her. This time, her line about becoming "the best paid stripper in the world" acknowledged her success but was also self-deprecating.

You can read the reviews or you can make up your own mind. Overall, I enjoyed the show and am looking forward to ARTPOP. And I didn't see many unhappy faces on the way out.

Review: Lady Gaga rules over her little monsters in Vancouver

By Francois Marchand, Vancouver Sun January 12, 2013

VANCOUVER - The last time Lady Gaga's extravagant pop cavalcade rolled through Vancouver for the Monster Ball Tour in August 2010, Stefani Germanotta was in full superstar break-out mode.

Her concert was built on a Wizard of Oz/Alice in Wonderland storyline that emulated the classic fairy tale of being swept away to a strange and distant land, confronting the unknown and emerging a stronger person in the end.

Two and a half years later, Lady Gaga is less Alice than she is herself the Wizard or the Queen of Hearts, as the first concert on the North American leg of the Born This Way Ball Tour at Rogers Arena proved.

Instead of a stage evolving as a shifting landscape worthy of a Broadway musical, Gaga's presentation is now more akin to that of a Wagnerian opera, centered on a humongous medieval castle from which she emerged in more varied forms than ever thanks to the help of Italian fashion houses Moschino, Versace and Armani, from riding a horse while dressed in full knight gear for set opener Highway Unicorn, to quite literally showing up as the motorcycle/human hybrid adorning the cover of Born This Way for Heavy Metal Lover.

Whereas her previous live incarnation was more organic, Gaga's concert has become a monolithic display that acts as a testament to the most overblown aspects of pop music.

Gaga giving birth to herself during Born This Way, popping out of a huge inflatable balloon between outstretched prop legs to officially kick off the ball? Yes, it happened.

Yet, if anyone was going to make a concert of such grandiose proportions feel like everyone's own personal celebration, it was Gaga.

Unlike Madonna, whose latest Vancouver appearance was dominated by violent imagery and a borderline bullying attitude toward her longtime fans, Gaga continued to carry her trademark message of empowerment and self-love, which also appears in the form of her many charitable endeavours aimed at LGBT groups.

She may be doing it from the safety of her castle these days but, for her fans, bigger will always be better when it comes to Gaga.

"I think she makes people feel good about themselves," said 24-year-old fan Lindsay McIntosh before the concert.

She and a group of friends had made the trek from Vanderhoof, B.C. to see the pop star.

They had, of course, dressed up for the occasion, each a different incarnation of Lady Gaga with different wigs, brightly coloured clothes, sunglasses and makeup.

Stephanie Sutton, 28, admitted she normally doesn't wear a wig or bright colours.

"Deep down this is how we feel," she said.

"You can be anyone you want with Gaga," 20-year-old friend Moira O'Brien added.

Gaga's "Little Monsters" were as much a part of the spectacle as Gaga and her crew of dancers, many fans sporting the flashing headbands sold at the merch table alongside a gargantuan array of T-shirts and other memorabilia such as a $150 Born This Way leather jacket.

As big a commercial undertaking as Gaga's latest tour is, the near-sold out concert simply swept you off your feet.

The concert's five-part storyline involving aliens, government mind control, fashion, empowerment and religion wasn't always fully graspable, not that it really mattered considering the sheer spectacle it offered.

With almost as many costume changes as songs performed, Gaga's Born This Way Ball concert was essentially a big piece of performance art.

"Tonight this arena is a place of love and unity," Gaga said before Black Jesus/Amen Fashion.

Elaborate costumes involving oversized headgear didn't always make it clear if Gaga was singing everything herself, and a few moments sounded like pre-taped loops.

It was especially obvious during Judas, where audio levels kept jumping up and down.

Gaga nevertheless expanded an incredible amount of energy on several dance-heavy numbers, including a crazed Bad Romance where she emerged from the famed egg capsule she debuted at the Grammys in 2011.

"I f---ing missed you, Vancouver," she said. And the crowd erupted, claw-shaped hands held high, the floor surrounded by a long smoke-covered catwalk jumping.

"I am not an alien, I am not a woman, I am not a man, I am not a creature of your government," Gaga said during a long monologue. "When they ask you who is Lady Gaga you tell them I am you."

Things have certainly changed since early hit single Just Dance was every hipster's guilty pleasure, the song now an ornate tribute to Gaga's influence on fashion.

But Gaga can still connect without all the crazy set pieces and choreographed insanity, and she offered a fan named Julia a great present by singing a heartfelt Happy Birthday just for her.

Borrowing sonically from Madonna, Elton John, pop, metal, glam and disco, sometimes even rocking the keytar, and pulling out the meat dress for Americano and Poker Face near the end - Gaga did it all unapologetically.

And in front of her giant castle she staked her claim as the queen of the pop scene once again.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Review+Lady+Gaga+rules+over+little+monsters+Vancouver/7809844/story.html#ixzz2IOITax6R

this is probably the only bad review so far, whoever wrote that can **** off :coffee:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Archived