💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 in Malmö, Sweden

Dutch

Featured Posts

Dutch
2 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Im scared of her NQ because I havent seen people really talking about this but I hope she does.

I can’t see this qualify in a televote only show tbh. 

• Sad 1

Juanlittlem
10 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I can’t see this qualify in a televote only show tbh. 

And I can't vote for her, my girlieee :fatcat:

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Like 1

Dutch

Wait Finland is also in this semi? Croatia is getting overshadowed. Ukraine is gonna win this semi. 

Dutch
Posted (edited)

11:50 CEST: Rehearsal 3: 🇫🇮 Finland – Windows95Man – No Rules!

Buckle in, it’s time for Finland’s Windows95man to rehearse No Rules! It’s still early in the rehearsal schedule, but we’ve had our coffee and are ready for a reboot.

Fans of their winning UMK performance will be delighted to hear that the Denim Egg Show has made it to Malmö, along with the ‘just within the rules’ nudity (a thong, we can confirm, hopefully secured with more than a couple of Clippy paperclips), tiny jorts and Henri Piispanen’s high notes. In fact, this pretty much a cut and paste of their UMK staging, but with even more processing power and a cloudy LED wall that’s giving 90s screensaver.

Listeners to the Official Eurovision Podcast will know that the backing dancers in this performance are inspired by Teemu’s love of Gina G’s Ooh Aah…Just A Little Bit. So Windows 95, inspired by Eurovision 96. We live for this kind of fun fact.

🔥 PYRO UPDATE: can confirm that the handheld fireworks and eggy smoke have returned. 

rehearsals-day-2-live-blog-v0-fuxhzn8p97

GMPzu7nWwAAIkxL?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Dutch

Juanlittlem
51 minutes ago, Dutch said:

rehearsals-day-2-live-blog-v0-bvvkefrr37

What I see when I get to heaven

Juanlittlem
4 minutes ago, Dutch said:

11:50 CEST: Rehearsal 3: 🇫🇮 Finland – Windows95Man – No Rules!

Buckle in, it’s time for Finland’s Windows95man to rehearse No Rules! It’s still early in the rehearsal schedule, but we’ve had our coffee and are ready for a reboot.

Fans of their winning UMK performance will be delighted to hear that the Denim Egg Show has made it to Malmö, along with the ‘just within the rules’ nudity (a thong, we can confirm, hopefully secured with more than a couple of Clippy paperclips), tiny jorts and Henri Piispanen’s high notes. In fact, this pretty much a cut and paste of their UMK staging, but with even more processing power and a cloudy LED wall that’s giving 90s screensaver.

Listeners to the Official Eurovision Podcast will know that the backing dancers in this performance are inspired by Teemu’s love of Gina G’s Ooh Aah…Just A Little Bit. So Windows 95, inspired by Eurovision 96. We live for this kind of fun fact.

🔥 PYRO UPDATE: can confirm that the handheld fireworks and eggy smoke have returned. 

This does nothing for me but I know it will qualify and I hate it

• Like 1

Dutch
29 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

This does nothing for me but I know it will qualify and I hate it

Yeah, I’m always down for a good “joke” act, but this is too much for me with a meh song.

Dutch
Posted (edited)

12:30 CEST: Rehearsal 4: 🇲🇩 Moldova – Natalia Barbu – In The Middle

How do you follow Windows 95? Well, with Windows 98, technically - but instead let’s watch Moldova’s Natalia Barbu rehearse her song In The Middle.

This is 11th in the running order for the first Semi-Final, or the thirteenth song we’ll hear if you count the United Kingdom and Germany. So not actually right in the middle, but close. It’s also not Natalia’s first time at Eurovision - she competed for Moldova in 2007, where she finished 10th.

The staging has the static routine that we saw at Etapa Națională, the Moldovan national final – with hand claps and armography and a white violin – but Natalia is no longer flanked by backing singers – she’s entirely alone, in front of a beautiful backdrop of seascapes and trees and flowers and butterflies.

During the violin section the LED wall turns to huge wings, so when viewed from the front Natalia looks like an angel. It’s completely different from anything we’ve seen on this stage so far in 2024, and really clever – and of course, Natalia hits every one of those high notes.

rehearsals-day-2-live-blog-v0-twasjgddh7

GMP4vMZXsAAWdwn?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Dutch

Juanlittlem
10 minutes ago, Dutch said:

12:30 CEST: Rehearsal 4: 🇲🇩 Moldova – Natalia Barbu – In The Middle

How do you follow Windows 95? Well, with Windows 98, technically - but instead let’s watch Moldova’s Natalia Barbu rehearse her song In The Middle.

This is 11th in the running order for the first Semi-Final, or the thirteenth song we’ll hear if you count the United Kingdom and Germany. So not actually right in the middle, but close. It’s also not Natalia’s first time at Eurovision - she competed for Moldova in 2007, where she finished 10th.

The staging has the static routine that we saw at Etapa Națională, the Moldovan national final – with hand claps and armography and a white violin – but Natalia is no longer flanked by backing singers – she’s entirely alone, in front of a beautiful backdrop of seascapes and trees and flowers and butterflies.

During the violin section the LED wall turns to huge wings, so when viewed from the front Natalia looks like an angel. It’s completely different from anything we’ve seen on this stage so far in 2024, and really clever – and of course, Natalia hits every one of those high notes.

Another NQ i fear

• Like 1

Juanlittlem
6 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Some Finland footage.

Did you see Lituania yesterday? They uploaded some press stuff and they showed actual camera shots oops

• Like 1

Dutch
12 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Another NQ i fear

Yeah, Moldova only does best when they go crazy so they also can stage it crazy. 

Dutch
8 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Did you see Lituania yesterday? They uploaded some press stuff and they showed actual camera shots oops

Yup. These broadcasters are testing the EBU as they should. Joost will probably leak it all knowing him. 

• YAAAS 1

Dutch

Ngl I didn’t listen to the Azerbaijani song once. :ororomunroe:

• PartySick locked this topic
  • River unpinned this topic