Dutch

Featured Posts

Dutch
Posted (edited)

The beautiful stage in action!

Edited by Dutch
  • Love 1

palma

So when do the rehearsals begin? I need Italy and Greece to increase their odds :madge:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?

sara57
14 minutes ago, palma said:

So when do the rehearsals begin? I need Italy and Greece to increase their odds :madge:

Saturday

• Thanks 1

Juanlittlem
1 hour ago, Dutch said:

The beautiful stage in action!

Looks super good?! Omg

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • YAAAS 1

Dutch
19 hours ago, palma said:

I can see both drop. Greece rumoured to have a lacklustre staging and Italy never really blowed my mind with their staging… ever? Hope I’m proven wrong tho. I can see Ukraine increase again and Croatia becoming #1. 

Juanlittlem
1 minute ago, Dutch said:

Greece rumoured to have a lacklustre staging

From what I read its just gonna be the same shot for most of the performance? I hope theyre wrong lol

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 1

Dutch
Just now, Juanlittlem said:

From what I read its just gonna be the same shot for most of the performance? I hope theyre wrong lol

Yeah, they probably are going for this vlog vibe which looks good in their head, but is gonna flop on stage. I still think this song isn’t gonna connect with the 30+ people and the jury and it could crash and burn with a bad staging. 

• Like 1

Juanlittlem
21 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Yeah, they probably are going for this vlog vibe which looks good in their head, but is gonna flop on stage. I still think this song isn’t gonna connect with the 30+ people and the jury and it could crash and burn with a bad staging. 

Yup, its a risky entry but they could do well with a great staging imo, if they go for that vlog one angle shot is gonna go down.

I feel the clear top 4 is Switzerland, Netherlands, Croatia and Italy. Imma risk it and say Switzerland and Italy will be top 2 since I see Croatia and Netherlands fighting for the "wild entry" voters. Curious to see how the judges will react to the Netherlands as well, that will be a deciding factor for him too.

Dutch
54 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Yup, its a risky entry but they could do well with a great staging imo, if they go for that vlog one angle shot is gonna go down.

I feel the clear top 4 is Switzerland, Netherlands, Croatia and Italy. Imma risk it and say Switzerland and Italy will be top 2 since I see Croatia and Netherlands fighting for the "wild entry" voters. Curious to see how the judges will react to the Netherlands as well, that will be a deciding factor for him too.

That’s what most people think and say. People keep talking about the televote fight but I can see the jury being very divided aswel. People forget France could get a lot of jury points and so does Ukraine. Belgium would’ve been one too, but he has been lacklustre. Serbia could be a random jury loved act (thanks to the Balkan) like Macedonia in 2019.

I don’t see Switzerland as a runaway jury winner (especially not in east Europe) and I can see the people at home being turned off by their looks and performance. I still think it doesn’t sound and look GP-friendly. I just can’t see it win. But that’s just me.

Italy could be #3 in both jury and televote and win it all. Ukraine also has potential in both jury and televote (top 5 in both). The televote is gonna be the dealbreaker like the jury was last year. It’s gonna depend how well NL or Croatia will do in the televote and how hard the jury will tank them.

My guess (before rehearsals):

1. Italy
2. Netherlands 
3. Ukraine
4. Croatia  
5. Switzerland

With France, Sweden, Lithuania and sadly Israel also landing in the top 10.

Where I hope NL will win because better host and we deserve a no corona year too. And well, personal reasons xDDD. Croatia winning for the first time would also be great, especially to bring some Balkan countries back. I still don’t really like the song tho. 

Dutch
Posted (edited)

Rehearsal 1: 🇨🇾 Cyprus – Silia Kapsis – Liar

Shall we get these rehearsals started? First up on stage is Silia Kapsis from Cyprus - she’ll be opening the first Semi-Final on May 7th with her song Liar. Silia is a singer and dancer of Greek and Cypriot descent, and she currently lives in Sydney, Australia.

Silia is only 17, but she’s owning this stage like performing in a huge arena is a walk in the park. The gold lamé costume from the official video has been replaced with trousers and a crop top in sparkly white, with four male backing dancers in cargo pants and baggy white t-shirts. No stage props, but lots of swirly green and red graphics on the LED backdrop and floor.

Fans of Silia's dancing will be happy to hear that this performance has a high energy routine and a huge dance break before the bridge into the final chorus - just the kind of upbeat number we need to get the party started on May 7th.

Also should mention that the dancers pull their shirts off in the final chorus. Sorry not to mention that sooner, we were looking the other way.

GMKR4mnWYAEuaaV?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Dutch
  • YAAAS 1

Juanlittlem

Cyprus did start the rehearsals of 2024!

GMKR4mnWYAEuaaV?format=jpg&name=large

I can't process that it's finally here

Scream GIF by Steve Harvey TV

• YAAAS 1

Dutch
3 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

I can't process that it's finally here

Scream GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Now the odds will make real sense! Can’t wait for some random gags by random countries.

• YAAAS 1

Dutch
Posted (edited)

Rehearsal 2: 🇷🇸 Serbia – TEYA DORA - RAMONDA

Time for a change of pace now - this year Serbia are represented by TEYA DORA, who is one of their most well-known recording artists. Her song RAMONDA is a haunting, heartfelt ballad - Ramonda is a purple flower that is a symbol of Serbian resilience and rebirth. There aren’t many ballads this year – it’s a VERY banger-heavy year – so we’re taking a moment to relax and sway gently.

The staging for this song is very similar to when TEYA DORA won Pesma za Evroviziju, Serbia’s national finals, back in March. A big rock (we think the same one as the NF, but can't been 100% sure), shadowy lighting, graphics of clouds and stars and lightning, finishing with a blooming ramonda flower.

TEYA DORA's costume is a dark grey dress with a long layered skirt - all very dramatic and atmospheric. Photo coming soon!

PYRO UPDATE! Lots and lots of smoke in the final run through, so that's what you'll see on 7th May. For art fans, it reminds us of Caspar David Friedrich's Wanderer above the Sea of Fog. Niche, we know.

rehearsals-day-1-live-blog-v0-8wrld6vhxz

Edited by Dutch
  • Love 1

Juanlittlem

Time for a change of pace now - this year Serbia are represented by TEYA DORA, who is one of their most well-known recording artists. Her song RAMONDA is a haunting, heartfelt ballad - Ramonda is a purple flower that is a symbol of Serbian resilience and rebirth. There aren’t many ballads this year – it’s a VERY banger-heavy year – so we’re taking a moment to relax and sway gently.

The staging for this song is very similar to when TEYA DORA won Pesma za Evroviziju, Serbia’s national finals, back in March. A big rock (we think the same one as the NF, but can't been 100% sure), shadowy lighting, graphics of clouds and stars and lightning, finishing with a blooming ramonda flower.

TEYA DORA's costume is a dark grey dress with a long layered skirt - all very dramatic and atmospheric. Photo coming soon!

PYRO UPDATE! Lots and lots of smoke in the final run through, so that's what you'll see on 7th May. For art fans, it reminds us of Caspar David Friedrich's Wanderer above the Sea of Fog. Niche, we know.

- Pic following -

I feel she's gonna get a top 10 just like Estonia did last year and no one will see that coming oops

• Like 1

Dutch
2 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

I feel she's gonna get a top 10 just like Estonia did last year and no one will see that coming oops

Well I do. It’s that Balkan ballad that always does well. And it’s one of the few ballads this year. Like I said. The random jury lover (if she makes the final).

• PartySick locked this topic
  • River unpinned this topic