Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Protest at Born This Way Ball in Tacoma

MetalHausOfJosh

Featured Posts

I see Florida's still at it with their bull****; there's a history of anti-gay campaigns there: Save Our Children.

Anita Bryant represented the movement in opposition to the equal rights of LGBT people in the late 70's.

In 1977, Dade County, Florida passed an ordinance sponsored by Bryant's former good friend Ruth Shack, that prohibited discrimination on the basis of s-xual orientation.Bryant led a highly publicized campaign to repeal the ordinance as the leader of a coalition named Save Our Children. The campaign was based on conservative Christian beliefs regarding the sinfulness of homos-xuality and the perceived threat of homos-xual recruitment of children and child molestation. Bryant stated:

"What these people really want, hidden behind obscure legal phrases, is the legal right to propose to our children that theirs is an acceptable alternate way of life. [...] I will lead such a crusade to stop it as this country has not seen before."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan

kill it with fire

lots of fire plz

Haha :P

Burn it... burn it NOW

You know, guys, there was this huge demonstration against gay marriage in my country this weekend, so I'm kind of getting used right now to ignorant people's comments over issues that they don't understand, or don't want to understand....

I honestly like it when people protest her shows for some reason. There's something about pissing off another person that shows me that you've impacted the world. Good or bad.

Yup :) That's the element of crime, baby ;)

The plane-hirers are wasting their time in a gay-marriage state.

All it does is make Gaga look good in the eyes of prevailing liberal opinion there.

Elizabeth

God bless the fan comments :legend:

As for the protestors :wtf: let them do what they like, I'm pretty sure they're not gonna change anything although it must be disheartening to be going to the show a s seeing that in the sky...

Robotboy

everyday people try to bring down gaga and her fans. but we just get stronger and closer together everyday :) what did they hope to achieve exactly. same as sharon. they only harm themselves and feeds gagas popularity :coffee:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

“I had no idea who I was,†Rivera said. “I was able to come out of the closet and rise up from the darkness. Everybody’s fighting a battle.†:worship:

I'm glad the fans there who were interviewed were so respectful. Props to them for commenting on the protesters in a calm, understanding way.

I was in line to get into the Dome and the girl behind me said, "I've been gay all my life and I've come to embrace it, but you're right. I'll convert and become heteros-xual just for you." :worship: The classiness of that response rather than screaming at them!

to be honest when I went to the Monster Ball a couple years ago there was a group of about 25-35 protestors screaming at us with signs and stuff it was really embarrassing because the venue was on the boardwalk and people would walk by and hear what was going on - made me quite sad

alibethpiazza

Everyone has their right to protest. They are protesting one way, and technically, some Little Monsters are protesting the other. Love and acceptance is different in everyones eyes. Everyone has to stop thinking that they're view is the 'right view' and learn that their view is just that, THEIR view. And no one can do anything about it.

Just ignore them.

These are the Little Monsters that make me proud to be a Gaga fan. Why can't we all be that way?

I agree. I want to be a Gaga fan that listens to both sides and is confident in my own.

TheProfessor

the dream ft. mariah carey - my love

wtf r u talking about, what does that have to do with the topic. Noe arent u being a little out of place?? :huh:

Archived