Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
event

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool, United Kingdom ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

bionic

Featured Posts

mamo

LOREEN.ย :vegas:

THAT'S IT. THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY.ย 

ok bye.ย 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not The Real Gaga
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

So happy for Loreen, it was my second favourite of the night, a very worthy winner. I'm so glad that the public gave Alessandra some love as she was weirdly underrated by the juries even though she had some of the best lyrics of the night. Portugal did nowhere near as well as deserved and I was also shocked at how bad France and Spain did. Overall, quite surprised at what connected. I feel really sorry for my country, UK, she really didn't deserve to be second from the bottom, there were much worse songs there. My parents even said that they fact she didn't dance was why she didn't do better (!!!) and it's sad how so often there's a big love-in for an act one year and the next, no one could care less. I'd really like to know how many non-European votes there were as well and where they came from so we can see how much of an impact international viewers made.

Norway was energetic and powerful with great lyrics and vocals. Finland's was using shock value for attention, had bad lyrics and was all about being controversial. Austria had bad lyrics, no vocal prowess, a weird storyline and an irritating beat. I'm not here for silly novelty songs.ย 

What was controversial about Finland?ย :oprah:

bionic
6 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

So happy for Loreen, it was my second favourite of the night, a very worthy winner. I'm so glad that the public gave Alessandra some love as she was weirdly underrated by the juries even though she had some of the best lyrics of the night. Portugal did nowhere near as well as deserved and I was also shocked at how bad France and Spain did. Overall, quite surprised at what connected. I feel really sorry for my country, UK, she really didn't deserve to be second from the bottom, there were much worse songs there. My parents even said that they fact she didn't dance was why she didn't do better (!!!) and it's sad how so often there's a big love-in for an act one year and the next, no one could care less. I'd really like to know how many non-European votes there were as well and where they came from so we can see how much of an impact international viewers made.

Norway was energetic and powerful with great lyrics and vocals. Finland's was using shock value for attention, had bad lyrics and was all about being controversial. Austria had bad lyrics, no vocal prowess, a weird storyline and an irritating beat. I'm not here for silly novelty songs.ย 

WHAT was controversial about Finland

buy bionic

StrawberryBlond
3 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

What was controversial about Finland?ย :oprah:

Just now, bionic said:

WHAT was controversial about Finland

The overt sexual nature of the performance. He was showing all his chest (during the voting, he completely removed it as well), held onto a pole mimicking pole dancing while sticking out his tongue and wiggling it about in a suggestive way and positioned himself behind the human centipede of dancers like he was simulating a sexual act. Coupled with the song's lyrics about glamorising alcohol and drunkenness (for those who translated the lyrics) and theย aggressive "CHA CHA CHA!" of the song, it all came off as a bit inappropriate.

But the absolute worst for shock value was of course, Croatia. Men performing in their underwear while overtly referencing an ongoing war on this continent (which could cause more animosity with the warring countries) really was quite distasteful. The fact thatย the city of the Ukraine contestant got bombed minutes before he performed was no coincidence and I really don't think it's right to do novelty skit songs about such a topic.ย 

calmar

I was in a room with about 30 people in it watching the final, and we all collectively groaned when Sweden beat Finland. Finland was definitely up there for me. Congrats though Sweden I guess.

ไฟบใฎๅ‹ๅˆฉใฏๆบใ‚‹ใŽใชใ„

AyeshaErotica
1 hour ago, River said:

But I must say, the eurovison was very UK oriented and very little Ukrain oriented and it's sucks.

The balance was indeed a problem. Last year I advocated to relocate the ESC to Cracow or Warsaw, nearer to the Ukrainian border (so that Ukrainians can benefit more form it!), and not UK because air traffic is restricted from Ukraine (b/c of war) and it is hard to get there directly to the UK, especially since as a non EU-country, it is more bureaucratic to get into it than Poland (that has special EU permits for Ukrainians). If it had been in Poland, people could have gone there by car or train within some hours.This way, they had to go by train to a Polish airport or Rumanian airport, fly from there to London, change in London and fly or go by train from there to Liverpool.... A complicated trip with many burderns that probably lots of Ukrainians choose not to undertake.ย  UK, as a northwestern-most country is very remote from Ukraine and was not a good choice for Ukraine

It had unequal balance, mostly because of the TV presenters. There were FOUR TV presenters, THREE of them British, only ONE Ukrainian and when the results were presented, and they took a LONG time (and therefore a BIG protion of the show!), TWO (and all of them) were British. Why ??????:messga: I cannot imagine Ukraine volunarily agreed to this, the BBC kinda overvoted them,ย :saladga: and acted in their own will. The TV presenters mattered a lot, they give the feeling to the show. There should have been ONE British and ONE Ukrainian TV presenter for everything. The beginning was equal, but in the end, it was very British.

ย 

Also when the tower, beachers, islands, were presented... it felt done twice, too much, overloaded, each time three diffenrt info were given. In 2/3 of all cases they should have just used singing country+Ukraine emblems, and in the remaining 1/3 singing country+British country. also when they have shown the big/erries wheel... I was like: what ??? That's a very British thing, it has no value to Ukrainians... It felt like it was chosen by the BBC solely.

ย 

By the way, I have nothing against Britain but when English is taught as foreign langauge at schools, it all starts with England and I've seen and read countless times about the sights and attractions in London, and elsewhere England; Europe already knows soooo MUCH about England, it probably is the best and most known country in Europe and what the ESC does to the winning country as "advertising exposure", the English books do daily in continental Europe. I felt like this was a chance to portray better a lesser known country, like Ukraine.

ย 

1 hour ago, bionic said:

Loreen won the jury vote by far

Finland won the public vote by a good amount

Result: Loreen wins

ย 

The juries are corrupt

I totally DISLIKEd the fact that when the country results were presented, that it were JURY results because they created the illusion that the country has voted for that singer, but in fact it hasn't been the country, just 5 people, it has totally not been rperesentative. Like why ??? :wtfga::laughga::excusemeno: the juries are overrated and their power should be lowered from 50% to 30 or 20%.

They should have presented first the PUBLIC PEOPLES vote results and in the end the jury results. You know what I mean???? because this way we don't really know what ocuntry voted for what. I just feel kinda... PERPLEXED and negatively surprised that they decided to give 45 FULL MINUTES to the Jury votes in a long procedure and just 10 minutes to the public votes- It should have been vice versa. I have seen 37 coutnries voting but in fact I know now from 0 country the exact voting esults b/c it has only been the jury whose opinion os less improtant to me than the opinion of, maybe 1 ,5 million-15 milliion people of a nation whoย  casted their vote.

ย 

IMO, Loreen was only mediocre and I don't understand the hype for her, I'm OK and accept her as a winner, I'm watching it for fun and not for the winner, so it's OK but bionic adresses an important issue: Finland is the democratic winner. I feel like the juries are easily manipulated and vote for a hyped artist more likely than the people of country. Actually, to me Loreens face was like "Oh, actually I know that I was about to win. But I have to act that I am surprised. But I already have won one once. Do you really want me to win again? My aim was to reach a high position but i feel like another country should be a winner and not me again". I felt like she didn't wanted to be a winner again at all costs, just wanted to score a high position.

ย 

53 minutes ago, Magui said:

I say let them vote for their neighbors, I findin it funny it's like every year we are already expecting it, and when doesn't happen it's like a shock lolย :ladyhaha:

This year we could not observe Belarus giving douze points to Russia :trollga:

I'm looking gorgeous tonight

Arcanum

A question. Was it my imagination or the French entry gave a middle finger when they announced the televoting score?

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

thatfoxyfeeling

I still find it baffling Mae Muller represented UK with that generic average song. The UK has extraordinary talent and world class singer/songwriters, the most famous artists and bands come from the UK. Sam did a fantastic job last year, they really messed up this year.ย 

Pretty incredible for Loreen to win both times and in a space of just 10 something years! What an incredible achievement. Tbh havenโ€™t watched any of the live shows this year, will need to check it out. I loved her 2012 song, one of the few Eurovision songs I actually can listen to at any time and still enjoy it.

Phantomhive

Found myself rooting for Finland even though I was a bit hesitant because it was by a male singer but the song + performance were just so goodย :flower: Definitely robbed.

Would've made sense if Sweden got the lead in public votes considering how overhyped Loreen was but the major ass-kissing by the jury was baffling. The performance was mediocre and her song sounds a lot like euphoria :messga:

I can handle countries other than the ones i root for winning but this is literally the 3rd esc in a row where the actual winner was the sole entry out of everyone in the top 10 that I particularly did not want to win :cyanlights:

In I fly on wings of winter.

Oriane

Just listened to the winning song, wtf, I forgot how it sounded like as soon as I finished listening. Euphoria was miles better.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Juanlittlem
On 5/12/2023 at 7:59 PM, Juanlittlem said:

Yeah it will be awesome but I can see them having the same result Czech Republic had last year. A #15 when they deserve a top 10.

Me predicting Austria's placement

thats so raven GIF

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pรฉtalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.

Admin

Itโ€™s so stupid that a song that didnโ€™t get 12 points from a single country still won

Magneto

For the people complaining about the winner, here's an essay:ย :holdmyhand:

Music is art and therefore inherently subjective. There's no objective or watertight way to determine the winner. Yes, there's block voting, but everyone does it and I feel it's more based on cultural similarities than malicious cheating. Even the blatant ones, like Cyprus and Greece, don't affect the overall outcome and neither does the placement of the Big 5. Whether you view it comes down to just singing, 'real music', overall performance, looks or dancing capabilities is also subjective and that's okay. You can't compare it to a sporting event where there is one who's objectively the best.

The judges votes are based onย perfomances that are done before the actual event and thats where Loreen actually did best vocally of all her performances. Herย win might have been predictable and the song might be less creative than Finland (I also voted for him), but she slayed regardless.

Free my mind

Admin
6 hours ago, LoliLux said:

I totally DISLIKEd the fact that when the country results were presented, that it were JURY results because they created the illusion that the country has voted for that singer, but in fact it hasn't been the country, just 5 people, it has totally not been rperesentative. Like why ??? :wtfga::laughga::excusemeno: the juries are overrated and their power should be lowered from 50% to 30 or 20%.

They should have presented first the PUBLIC PEOPLES vote results and in the end the jury results. You know what I mean???? because this way we don't really know what ocuntry voted for what. I just feel kinda... PERPLEXED and negatively surprised that they decided to give 45 FULL MINUTES to the Jury votes in a long procedure and just 10 minutes to the public votes- It should have been vice versa. I have seen 37 coutnries voting but in fact I know now from 0 country the exact voting esults b/c it has only been the jury whose opinion os less improtant to me than the opinion of, maybe 1 ,5 million-15 milliion people of a nation whoย  casted their vote.

This!

This was the first Eurovision I watched in like 10 years and I was so ??? by this system. They made the voting all about Loreen when in reality not a single country gave her 12 points.

• River unpinned this topic

Archived