• Created
  • Last Reply
CoolTrainerTerry
6 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

We bout to be in the trenches nnnn :enigma:

We're far from the shallow now

Pennywise
1 minute ago, Future Lovers said:

I didn't at first but the more I hear it, the more I love it. Bollywood and the style of it is very much something to get used to since the vibe is so different from what we're used to. But for my bet, it is effortlessly the best song nominated. It does take time to grow on you though, I think that's why it found such social media success bc people slowly came around to loving it so it just kept growing as more people jumped on board. 

The movie it's from is also one of the best of the year. With the overwhelming acclaim it received, I'm shocked it didn't get nominated for more. 

I should probably add it to my list of things to watch then. I hadn’t heard of it before the oscars season but I’m an uncultured swine when it comes to movies, so :huntyga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Cavadour

I despise war movies...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

CoolTrainerTerry
Just now, Cavadour said:

I dispise war movies...

Otherwise known as "Oscar bait"

DoremonLove
1 minute ago, Future Lovers said:

Because it's a great introduction to a unique style that has been long ignored in the west. It's catchy, it's memorable, and it encapsulates the cultural values of it's source so perfectly. Everyone who loves it appreciates how unique it is and how full of fun and energy it is. It's the best song nominated in the category. 

Honestly its like any other bollywood song. Infact there are better dance bollywood songs thn this. The lyrics are soooo:shrug: but anyways ill try to be happy if they win

How can anoyone not love gaga

weed

if something is nominated for best picture and in another category like this... it's obv gonna win.. 

Charmz

Why am I nervous for Rhianna? I feel like this HAS to go well since the Super Bowl was so bad.

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️

Future Lovers
3 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

Honestly its like any other bollywood song. Infact there are better dance bollywood songs thn this. The lyrics are soooo:shrug: but anyways ill try to be happy if they win

I think the kicker here though is that this song managed to break out of Bollywood. Bollywood is a type of film that the west has really genuinely never given a chance. While it may be not that special within that world, it's what has managed to break out into the wider world and begun educating audiences ignorant to the art of Bollywood on a very unique and artistically creative style. I think that's worthy of a win, even if it isn't the best Bollywood song ever. 

LG2008

Just now, Charmz said:

Why am I nervous for Rhianna? I feel like this HAS to go well since the Super Bowl was so bad.

Same... I'm nervous for her vocals and she doesn't have to do much :selena:

Rahrahbitchson
1 minute ago, Charmz said:

If she doesnt care then why are you worrying for her lol 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Charmz
Just now, Rahrahbitchson said:

If she doesnt care then why are you worrying for her lol 

Cause I want her to succeed 😢 

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️

Archived