šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Melanie Martinez

artdoll

Featured Posts

artdoll

OKAY SOO... I may have just accidentally discovered that Moon Cycle perfectly transitions into Minor Feelings by Rina Sawayama!?!Ā :giveup:

ļ½”ļ¾Ÿā˜ glued up, sometimes it's too much ā˜ ļ¾Ÿļ½”
  • Shook 1

BBhomemaker

Is it me or Tunnel Vision has been given some elements from Cry baby (the song) I hear some similarities in the instrumentalsĀ 

• Like 1

artdoll

The guy yelling at the end of Leeches kind of spooks me tbh @FlippyĀ :messga:Ā LOVE the song tho!

traumaĀ :rip:

artdoll
2 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

Is it me or Tunnel Vision has been given some elements from Cry baby (the song) I hear some similarities in the instrumentalsĀ 

I can see what you're saying especially during Tunnel Vision's chorus! You might be onto something! :vegas:

• Shook 1

BBhomemaker
1 minute ago, artdoll said:

I can see what you're saying especially during Tunnel Vision's chorus! You might be onto something! :vegas:

Just observing her geniusĀ :traumatica:

• YAAAS 1

Teletubby

ab6768640000fe89bc5e2bdfa0d23f8c79ee9386
FsiATG8XsAMrcZF?format=jpg&name=small

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

Helxig
1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Yay! Will do! :giveup:Ā Thank you so much for allowing me to do it! :flutter:Ā And yes! I will tag everyone!

Let me start making the form! :party:

Please tag me!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig

Okay! I just got done listening! And tbh I'm too overwhelmed to write a huge rant :laughga:Ā 

Some quick thoughts: I really loved the album, the songs were so much better in studio quality :giveup:Ā  I wish I hadn't listened to anything before (leaks, snippets, live versions etc) because the fewĀ songs I hadn't heardĀ hit so much harder, without waiting for certain partsĀ :air:Ā  net time I'm doing a blackout before the album. The album was more 'Melanie' that I expected it to be from what I'd already heard, which I'm happy about. And also kind of reminds me of her very, very old stuff which I found interesting. You could almost jump from her The Voice/early demo days, skip Crybaby and K-12, and I'd believe that it came in that order

I found it really interesting that you can hear the progression of the movie in the album! I already have a vague idea what it's about, and fabricated some scenes in my head from the outros on first listen. If I weren't a fan you could tell me "the movie came out first andĀ this is really a soundtrack to the movie, that's why it sounds like that" and I would believe it. You can tell she put so much forethought into the album and movie this time

I like what she did with Tunnel Vision. I wish I didn't listen to it 1000x (literally on repeat in the car, as I showered, around the house, for monthsĀ :bear:) because my brain kind of expected the demo version. But I love the album version. Same thing with Faerie Soiree to a lesser extent

Some standout tracks for me are currently (in album order, not order of favs): Void, Tunnel vision, Faerie Soiree, Spider Web, omg The Contortionist!, Evil. But literally every track is great

Growers (but definitely not skips!): Death was a grower but now I love it. Light Shower, Leeches. I guess I just wasn't in the right mood for slower songs tonight

Somewhere in the middle: Battle Of The Larynx, Moon cycle, Nymphology, Womb. These songs definitely have potential to become favourites down the line

I cannot wait to see the movie :giveup:Ā  I just really hope they give her a huge budget this time. She said that it's inspired byĀ past life regression therapy and is centredĀ that space between dying in one life and moving into the next. So I'm expecting some really surreal trip based in this in-between worldĀ :excited2:Ā MAN I hope it plays in theatres

Ā 

Okay so I guess I did have the energy to write a huge rant lmaooooo typical me

• Love 1

Helxig
5 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Evil is possibly one of her best songs to date. It feels so triumphant for her to make and such a reclamation of her name after being in such a bad relationship.Ā 

Evil felt too relatableĀ Ā :bear:Ā  it sounds like a f-you to a gaslighter

That being said it's definitely one of my top few. Like you said it sounds triumphant!

• YAAAS 2

Max

Iā€˜m listening since this morning because I only did it once at midnight & Iā€˜d rate this album a 8,5/10.Ā 

Faerie SoirĆ©e & Battle of the Larynx still need to grow on me but otherwise Iā€˜m quite obsessedĀ :max:

Void, Leeches & The Contortionist are my faves. Honorary mention to the outro of Nymphologyā€¦ itā€˜s so so good

Edited by Max
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

skedaddleBItCh

Her best album

šŸ‡µšŸ‡­ą¼¼;Ā“ą¼Žąŗ¶ Ū ą¼Žąŗ¶ą¼½šŸ‡µšŸ‡­
  • Love 1

ajmsamuel

She came back with a fresh concept but still feels her signature tone form her debut Ɣlbum. The album is great, some songs I cant relate too at first listen so they are growers to me. For me stand out tracks:

Dead (Def the most friendly song and best opening)

Void (top)

Tunnel VisionĀ 

Light Shower (top, made me cry)

BattƱe of the larynx (also made me cry, top)

The contorsionist (great metaphor!)

kindest regards
  • Love 1

Crescent Bloom
6 hours ago, BBhomemaker said:

I thought the exact same thing on my first listen. It's the string plucks on the instrumental.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

Agunimon

--------------Ā top tier so good!!!
NYMPHOLOGY
THE CONTORTIONISTĀ 
WOMB
MOON CYCLE
SPIDER WEB
BATTLE OF THE LARNYX
Ā 
--------------