Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Doja Cat is our generation’s Madonna or Lady Gaga says her manager

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Controversiaga

I don’t feel like she has one song that is as big as any of madonnas or Gaga’s biggest hits.  I’m not a gen Zer so maybe I’m just living under a rock but I just don’t feel like doja has made as big a splash or impact as Madonna and Gaga did when they debuted 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Cowboy

I think Doja has a lot more to do to rightfully be considered even just a contemporary of Madonna's or Gaga's. 

I can see it, tbh. Over the past year she's been an intriguing and exciting figure to follow. It's been a while since we got a mainstream artist that is so unafraid as she's been lately, I think Gaga was the last one (maybe Billie to some extent?). 

Kinda reminds me of that bit on 5F2 where Gaga was like, "Oh ok, so you want me to be sexy and dance in my underwear? Fine, I'll do it and I'll do it while I'm bleeding to death on the stage". 

But yes, I hope we can see that same risk on her music, maybe she was in her sell out era and she'll be more free to experiment with her sound now. 

Btw, I loooove this picture, it's giving Natalia Kills (rip) Controversy era. 

1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

Fn5PsrbXkA86vED?format=jpg&name=large

Its not a fedora u f*ck

InTheCloset

I respect Doja and i like her music. 

But i dont like this idea of saying that someone is the someone of our generation. Or comparisons in general.

Because it creates hostility among fanbases and i feel that every artist can be inspired by others but at the end what they create is truly unique and has individuality. 

Where's the spunk, Adam?

freebit
21 minutes ago, ControversiaGa said:

I don’t feel like she has one song that is as big as any of madonnas or Gaga’s biggest hits.  I’m not a gen Zer so maybe I’m just living under a rock but I just don’t feel like doja has made as big a splash or impact as Madonna and Gaga did when they debuted 

I think Say So will go down as a classic. Otherwise I agree. She reminds me more of Ariana or Rihanna is terms of how big she feels at the 3-year mark, whereas Madonna and Gaga were back to back to back hits and overwhelming media saturation. That said, I think this might be because of how fractured all media is now, that no one person seems dominate the public's attention for very long, thus we get these hyperbolic statements about a pop star that just doesn't quite feel as big as they're talking about. Like, this for example is very hyperbolic:

"it can almost feel as if she’s had as many looks and sounds in that short period as Madonna or Lady Gaga have in their entire careers."

^I think only those who are stans of Doja would feel this way IRL. To most people, Doja has two looks: e-girl, and now ~art heaux. 

All that said, I do think if any newer pop stars can possibly become a big icon, I think Doja has that It Girl factor to her. 

King of the Fall

Doja Cat is the current Lady Gaga, Gaga is the current Madonna, Taylor Swift is this generations Bob Dylan or Joni Mitchell, Harry Styles is the new king of pop. Seriously, why can' these artists just be themselves and the legends remain legends. Any time a successful artist comes along, people start trying to compare them to those who altered the course of musical history forever. Doja Cat is a good artist and she has the potential to one day be legendary like Gaga has achieved, but how about giving it some time, artists need to put the time in so the extent of their influence and achievements can be evaluated.

The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page

Ladle Ghoulash
4 minutes ago, 4th Street said:

Doja Cat is the current Lady Gaga, Gaga is the current Madonna, Taylor Swift is this generations Bob Dylan or Joni Mitchell, Harry Styles is the new king of pop. Seriously, why can' these artists just be themselves and the legends remain legends. Any time a successful artist comes along, people start trying to compare them to those who altered the course of musical history forever. Doja Cat is a good artist and she has the potential to one day be legendary like Gaga has achieved, but how about giving it some time, artists need to put the time in so the extent of their influence and achievements can be evaluated.

Agreed

King of the Fall
1 minute ago, deactivated001 said:

Taylor is not Bob Dylan or Joni Mitchell pls 💀

I never said she was, but her rabid fanbase would claim she is.

The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page

Ladle Ghoulash
Just now, 4th Street said:

I never said she was, but her rabid fanbase would claim she is.

Misread your original post. Fully agree w/ u 

Archived