💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Gossip Girl creator speaks about its cancellation and potential future

COOOK

Featured Posts

"I would've loved to have seen season three come to light because the plot was amazing. Would've been honestly happy if it ended after season three. My goal was to get to four seasons because then they would've graduated with the exception of Zoya (Whitney Peak) and Shan (Grace Duah). My point was to do a semester a year and do four seasons and be done, I would've really liked to get it to the end of season three. We were asked at some point awhile back to add cliffhangers to the finale of season two. And we did, and I feel bad about that. However, graciously, HBO Max afforded me the opportunity to go back in and amend some of the stuff in the finale at the end. It doesn’t all get tied up, but the story engine for season three was launched at the end of season two, and I removed that."

On looking for new streaming home:

"I don't think we will end up anywhere. We are, again, so expensive. I am so grateful for having been given that. We were able to throw events with many extras in the biggest locations in New York that I feel none of us who work on the show—actors, crew—can believe we were even allowed to do. And that costs a lot of money. But, it's all on the screen—I think this show is as gorgeous as any show on television. I just don't believe that we will end up somewhere else because everybody is cost cutting. 

We looked at a version of the show—not the network, but the producers—that reduced [costs]. But, it wouldn't be in the show. That was like, ‘What are we doing? Why?’ Once you set your template to cut back from that template makes it hard on everybody. It makes hair and makeup have to rush. It makes the costumes not as luxurious. It makes the set not as amazing. It makes the scripts shorter. It makes the plots less intricate. It makes less screen time for some actors that people love. After a while you're like, ‘What are you doing?’ So I don't think we’ll end up anywhere else."

"For the fans, look, if you make a loud enough noise, people will listen, if that's something you want to do. And if not, thank you for all the noise you've made along the way. I'm very grateful."

If they can't get the show anywhere else (wich is likely) hopefully he can do what Mike Flanagan did with the Midnight Club and go in detail about what were the plans they had in mind for the next season. At least that is a form of clousure for the fans. 

Its not a fedora u f*ck

1 hour ago, LaFama said:

what Mike Flanagan did with the Midnight Club and go in detail about what were the plans they had in mind for the next season.

What did he do, a making-of, interviews of some sort?

1 hour ago, COOOK said:

What did he do, a making-of, interviews of some sort?

A tumblr post lmao :sweat:. But it's worth the read if you liked the series. He went on about the plans for each character, the overall story they had planned for the season and explained the loose ends that were left at the end of s1 . 

Here it is if you want to chek it out: 

https://flanaganfilm.tumblr.com/post/702543785726558208/the-midnight-club-season-two/amp

Its not a fedora u f*ck

Taylucifer

I really hope someone sees the potential cause s2 really found it's footing, I mean Monet is reason enough to continue this show

1989 (TV) is out NOW

moonsago

I’m sorry but the show did not live up to the expectations. I am surprised they said the budget was so big because to be honest it did not show at all. Comparing this reboot to the scale of the original show the difference is huge. This show felt small in many ways and the writing was so poorly done for the first season, I could barely watch it. The characters were also very uninteresting and the connections they had to one another were the same. And the insane scandalous drama... where was it? This was a huge show to take on and try to reboot, I don’t blame them for failing, it was nearly impossible to succeed. I’m sorry tho for whoever liked it. 

monstertoronto

The first season was frustratingly bad.  The kids were boring the plots were dumb, and the “rivalry” they tried to create between the sisters were so forced. Season 2 was a huge improvement.  Monet was the best character and they should established her from the start as the true Blair Waldorf. Zoya was and is the most insufferable character on the show. 

Archived