opinion

Gaga Fans Need To Stop Pressuring Gaga to Release ARTPOP Act 2 (Or a Re-release)

YouCanSitWithUs

Featured Posts

holy scheisse
56 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

you didn't get enough attention in the last thread about brooklyn nights so you felt the need to create a brand new topic to create drama?

ok and were the ones who should get a grip?? lmao :enigma:

i have noticed this user posting all sorts of dramatic/out of pocket things on this cult site over the past few days :chica:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TortureMeOnReplay
3 hours ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

Nah. I posted a thread yesterday about LG7 and it got like 180 votes. Half of the comments though were about people expecting ARTPOP this fall first. 

Paley Center No GIF by The Paley Center for Media

Who in their right minds would expect a completely fleshed out era from Gaga in 2023? Go ahead and quote me if I'm wrong, but there's no way. She would want to tour the album as she has every other release, and she just finished touring. Major marketing projects come out every 2-3 years for her, with HOG in 2021 and Joker 2 in 2024. She's not going to risk overexposure by releasing an original studio album a year before Joker. ARTPOP is approaching its 10 year anniversary and an ACT 2 has increased momentum over the past few years. With her fan service projects having filled major marketing project gaps her entire career, a live album/TCB film and/or ACT 2 are more likely than any original music project for the year. 

2 hours ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

The fanbase literally created a change.org petition for an 8 year old electro-pop album and it was signed over 180,000 times. Ego Nwodim Girl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Can we stop pointing at the age of Gaga's projects and using that as a basis for debunking anything? Bloody Mary became a hit 10 years after the fact. 

Yes....in a very disguised way. She has talked about her use of drugs and that it was bad for her. But I don't think she has ever outright labeled herself as an alcoholic/addict. I think because she sees how the media has treated people (specifically women) like Lindsay Lohan and Demi Lovato and the puiblic thinks you just "get sober". But often times it takes years...even decades, to fully realize your sobriety. Most addicts in recovery relapse at least 7 times before they actually stay sober for the rest of their lives according to research. Gaga has admitted to it but never allowed the label because she probably knew how much they would tear her apart. I mean...think about it....she still obviously drinks at her jazz shows. 

It might look glamorous but if she had formerly come out and said she was an addict alot of people would probably say she was a flight risk and back out on her. 

I actually feel like this is what was going to happen after ARTPOP...she was going to come out of the closet as an addict... and her label was like, "NO....stop...we don't want you to ruin her career!" Maybe that is why Troy Carter and a few others backed out on her? They saw how bad it got when she broke her hip and had an unlimited access to drugs. Maybe it really did get bad. And I think for some of the fans, they do not understand that as an addict she can look playfully back at ARTPOP but actually asking her to perform it is....kind of really scary and bad. Like...in AA they tell you to avoid "people, places, and things" that can trigger you to relapse. The album she made while she was ****ed up and at her worst would definitely be a trigger.

She actually said it out loud, in a way one time. She was performing Dope Live at like the iTunes festival and she was BAWLING at the piano like she wanted to say something and you could hear her stop and mumble under her breath "I don't need to take drugs to be creative". This was around that time she was putting that weird fake accent on that sounded kind of English-German one day and then the next she was slouched over looking tired af, and then the next day she was super energized and ready to go.

I think she actually feels like if she talks about it, similarly to revealing her rapist, there are still people who would back out on her. And I think she has tried to be as honest with the public as she can while also protecting herself. 

In a way, she still comes out of that era a little bit that Britney did where labels are very ****ing manipulative and she probably still feels anxious about that. It's probably why she said she didn't want to be a pop star anymore in 2018.

She probably has been going to NA/AA meetings for a while too. Literally one of her biggest lyrics is "cuz God makes no mistakes" in Born This Way. I used to think that was so original of her. But that actually is a direct quote from the Big Book in the AA program and is said in typically every AA meeting. You could imagine my shock when I heard everyone repeating that when I first went to AA in 2017. I was like, "why are they constantly quoting Lady Gaga?" 

She has talked about it in some various interviews btw, here's one of her discussing her addiction to mj and other substances as well

holy scheisse

Also I never "judged her". I myself literally said I was an alcoholic and in recovery. I never "judged" her. Why are y'all so defensive on Gaga Daily?

You being in recovery didn't stop you from judging addicts (like ME) as "douchebags" and "fukbois" in the other thread about vaping. Also, quit with the gaslighting -- if you offend people they are gonna react defensively-- that's just how life works.

This thread is making my blood boil. The way you are imposing all of your ideas about Gaga's relationship with drugs/alcohol as fact is nauseating.

Naak Le Vaar
3 hours ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

What am I projecting? lol. I did not write ARTPOP. lol.

I just think people need to stop asking Gaga to re-live an album that was kind of...you know she might be able to look back at it ironically and see her strength in it...but that doesn't mean she wants to perform it again or release it again to the extent her fans are kind of expecting. 

I think some of us sober folks might understand what really happened after ARTPOP, if you know what I mean, and this type of music can be very...dangerous, for someone like Gaga. 

When Gaga said she originally didn't want Chromatica to be a dance record, for a different reason than many of her fans think, I immediately understood why. 

When you are a deeply emotional person who is in tune with yourself....even certain types of music....especially the music you created....it's a big ask to go back to that so unapologetically. 

I think it's the vibe you're giving. "Some of us sober folk". Like you have a point. You could have made your point without that snatchy tone.

Lmao they blocked my signature

Mother of Puppies
1 hour ago, ChicaSkas said:

After Joker i think we can expect something. 

after filming Joker or after Joker is out? :poot:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

HausOfAntonio
4 hours ago, Bowman said:

This album had a bad patch through it, we all know this. But it still means something to her even if it wasn't everyones cup of tea. I think the fans just want to hear more from ARTPOP and more of it's potential. I don't see anyone really pressuring her but more appreciating ARTPOP and Gaga's art behind it. 

Edit: also it's not new that a lot of us fans including me are so thirsty for new music / shoots / video's / tiktoks / tweets / haus labs :stalkga: / / announcements etc. from her :madge:

Whose thirsty for Haus Labs girl Oprah Winfrey Yes GIF

Dancing Shadow
4 hours ago, AUARAOFSHEISSE said:

There’s no way she looked at that as thousands of people pressuring her or even a remotely negative thing, that is pure passion and any artist would see that:oops:

im pretty sure she was showed it

"I hope that you will love me in this way For who I am—not then—but for today"

Juanlittlem
4 hours ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

When Gaga said she originally didn't want Chromatica to be a dance record

She never said that but go off I guess. She was talking about 1000 doves.

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.

pinknailsemoji
5 hours ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

I mean...I am almost certain it is going to be a 10th anniversary edition with maybe a bonus track.

we will get a tweet at best. let go of this

no king, or court!

MonsterARTPOP
4 hours ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

The fanbase literally created a change.org petition for an 8 year old electro-pop album and it was signed over 180,000 times. Ego Nwodim Girl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Only 55K signed it, stop being dramatic

ALGAYDO

At this point in her career, the only person pressuring Gaga is Gaga herself tbh 

I doubt she deeply cares about what her fans and her “bosses” want her to do 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived