💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Dua Lipa’s father reportedly negotiated with Qatar World Cup organisers

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Dua Lipa’s father and current manager was reportedly in talks with Qatari organisers ahead of the World Cup for two years.

Acording to emails, her father, Dukagjin Lipa, first reached out to Qatar’s World Cup organising body, the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy, in 2020.

He was seemingly ‘keen’ to arrange a discussion regarding his daughter, which Dua had no idea about.

‘I represent my daughter, the artist Dua Lipa, and I am keen to discuss with the Supreme Committee plans for artist performances for Qatar World Cup 2022,’ he supposedly wrote on March 9 that year.

In a second email sent in January 2021, he wrote: ‘I just wanted to follow up on my previous email and was wondering whether it would be possible for us to discuss any opportunity arising where we can be of help?’

Dukagjin, who runs communications agency Republika, continued: ‘We recently streamed a live performance of tracks from Dua’s new album as well as appearances by other artists which had five million viewers, which was the largest ever globally for a live-stream event.’

It’s said that a committee member replied: ‘It is fantastic to hear from you and know that with Dua being put forward it is backed by the knowledge that she is also interested.’

But, come April last year, he had anxieties surrounding the gig, reportedly saying: ‘I was approached… with a specific request for Dua Lipa and the opening ceremony and I wanted to touch base with you regarding this and making sure that we are not talking to the wrong person.’

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GoldenEmperor
2 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Her dad is her manager?

Yes, now her father is her full time manager. She cut ties with her last music management for just use her that as a full manager. They were so organized with her Future Nostalgia era, now we would see what happen in the next era...

BLACKOUTbritney

Kris Lipa!!!! :dom:

We know Dua wouldn’t have done it regardless of her father negotiating. She goes hard for what she believes in and that’s why we love her aside from the bops :pray:

StarstruckIllusion

So while she’s out here shading Qatar, her dad’s trynna get her to perform behind her back? Awks… 

but also… it’s hard to believe that Dua had no idea? Like why would a manager go thru all that trouble if he didn’t know his act would even be down with the idea…?

Economy
3 minutes ago, BLACKOUTbritney said:

Kris Lipa!!!! :dom:

We know Dua wouldn’t have done it regardless of her father negotiating. She goes hard for what she believes in and that’s why we love her aside from the bops :pray:

Yeah but 2 years ago was there already a movement about it?

I really don’t like this her dad being her manager thing. I hope this won’t turn into a britney situation

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

3 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Ummm anyways her father is an absolute snack :lolly:

10124436-6731991-image-m-33_155079904986

sheesh keep it in your pants maam

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

chromaticainmyhead
35 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

Why those pop stars dads always have to be so problematic? :oprah:

men with fragile egos in power of a woman's career managing her in the midst of people, mostly men and even women are under patriarchal pressure. I wouldn't even be surprised if Dua actually did know about this. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

DrKindnessKunt1999
37 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Ummm anyways her father is an absolute snack :lolly:

10124436-6731991-image-m-33_155079904986

Dua’s Dad looks like he could play James Bond. 

Alfonso

Why is her dad her manager? Based on what another user said above she just changed management? Which is weird considering how big and well planned the Future Nostalgia era was. On another note, I just can see this family management business ending well.. (hopefully its not the case, but again she's an adult so she should know better than we do..)

Archived