💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kim Petras on DrLuke: "I have nothing to be ashamed of"

Dojo

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

You mean people like you who think proudly working with a rapist is a good thing? 

Proudly working with a rapist = Alleged abuser has production credits on songs because of a publishing deal.

I’ve said it time and time again, everyone claims moral purity in this situation but if you were a young artist trying to make it, if one of the world’s biggest producers offers you a publishing contract; you would take it, regardless of rumours around them.  She’s clearly making moves to get away from Luke, hence why he’s not in the credits for this new song.  She doesn’t need to apologise for striking a once in a lifetime deal, if you want someone to witch hunt - try Nicki Minaj, she seeked him out out of all of the producers she could easily work with.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JazzGa

Being a shady edgelord and clapping back at irrelevant nobodies on Twitter never makes the artist look good... it always makes them look petty and hella insecure :awkney:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

gaga4lifer
5 minutes ago, Benji said:

Proudly working with a rapist = Alleged abuser has production credits on songs because of a publishing deal.

I’ve said it time and time again, everyone claims moral purity in this situation but if you were a young artist trying to make it, if one of the world’s biggest producers offers you a publishing contract; you would take it, regardless of rumours around them.  She’s clearly making moves to get away from Luke, hence why he’s not in the credits for this new song.  She doesn’t need to apologise for striking a once in a lifetime deal, if you want someone to witch hunt - try Nicki Minaj, she seeked him out out of all of the producers she could easily work with.

seek help

Ora et labora, Deus adest sine mora

9 minutes ago, gab said:

seek help

Really well thought out response, really brings credit to your argument :ladyhaha:

Anderson123
3 hours ago, dubstep111 said:

I really like her music and at least she is releasing some stuff that  I like because Gaga ain’t releasing s***

What? lol She has released Chromatica, Born This Way 10th Anniversary, Dawn of Chromatica, Love For Sale, Top Gun score and an acclaimed House of Gucci movie in just 2 years.

gaga4lifer
25 minutes ago, Benji said:

Really well thought out response, really brings credit to your argument :ladyhaha:

mhm

Ora et labora, Deus adest sine mora

lasagna

genuinely cant believe theres people in this thread trying to deflect the very valid critiques against kim by saying criticizing someone who supports a rapist is transphobic and worse than her supporting a rapist. if kim wasnt so adamant about her support and admiration for a rapist we wouldn't be having this conversation and it has nothing to do with her being trans

human turd

lasagna
6 hours ago, SharGaga said:

Didn't Kesha allege Katy was r*ped too by Dr Luke in text messages to Gaga and that turned out to be a lie? Also Kesha's lawyer alleging Dr Luke r*ped Gaga too (also a lie)? I remember it vaguely so might most likely be wrong.

yeah gaga never even met dr luke

i believe kesha was abused by dr luke but she didnt have to make up stuff about other women in the industry especially when theres literally dozens of other women who've been pretty outspoken about dr luke being an abusive piece of ****

human turd

lasagna
1 hour ago, Benji said:

but she is proudly working with him..?

it may just be production credits on a song because of a publishing deal (although i think its pretty clear shes actively choosing to work with him) shes still defending a rapist and saying she has nothing to be ashamed of like thats such bizarre stance to take on her part

human turd

13 minutes ago, lasagna said:

but she is proudly working with him..?

it may just be production credits on a song because of a publishing deal (although i think its pretty clear shes actively choosing to work with him) shes still defending a rapist and saying she has nothing to be ashamed of like thats such bizarre stance to take on her part

She has alluded that she is not able to cut ties easily and has tried to make it clear she does want to work with people NOT connected to him. She talks in a very specific way about him - in ways that won't get her in trouble - as it's very likely there is some kind of legal issue if she does similar to how Doja had to publicly recant her negative statements about Luke.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/12/07/kim-petras-gay-club-music-trans/

"Fans have speculated for years that Petras, Doja Cat and other female artists signed to Luke’s label imprints are bound by restrictive contracts which force them to release his tracks as singles, and credit him as a writer even on songs to which he does not contribute.

When asked about the nature of her agreement with Luke, Petras was vague but implied it wasn’t possible for her to severe professional ties with the producer, saying: “So people want me to quit making music? Because that’s the option.”"

22 hours ago, Werewolves Wanted said:

I think the issue lies more so with Kim chose to work with Dr. Luke after the allegations. Now, an argument can be made about how hard it is for trans individuals to find producers in the music industry, therefore limiting her choices—but that’s besides the point I’m trying to make. Doja, similar to Kesha, signed with him before the latter’s allegations. Doja has also hinted at her distaste for Dr. Luke. Kim on the other hand very much likes Luke. 
Now, it is true that Kim gets far more hate than let’s say J-Lo who worked with Luke post-allegations too. That isn’t fair, and perhaps there is some subconscious transphobia associated with that. But from what I’ve seen, many people don’t directly have an issue with Kim being trans, but who she chooses to work with.

EDIT: full disclosure, I am a very huge Kesha fan and protective of her. However, I really don’t hold any ill will against Kim as a human. I disagree with her choices, but really don’t wish her anything negative. Anyone who brings the matter of her being trans into the argument in a negative light should not be doing so. 

I just think it's crossing a line to say (as some do, not you really) that anyone that works with somebody that has done crimes is in support of that in any way. It's not Kim Petras' job to account for patriarchy and our criminal justice system. She's trying to do her job. Also - she can like who she likes. Abusers are not universal assholes. It's just so blown out of proportion. 

Cameltoe Chariot
2 hours ago, gab said:

it hurts me still that women have to fight for their right to this day. it's the 21st century, that monster deserves a death penalty. i'm for real. kesha (or any other person that got raped) should have the right to brutally kill their rapist.

Okay what the actual f*ck :bear:

DelusionalGaga
9 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

I just think it's crossing a line to say (as some do, not you really) that anyone that works with somebody that has done crimes is in support of that in any way. It's not Kim Petras' job to account for patriarchy and our criminal justice system. She's trying to do her job. Also - she can like who she likes. Abusers are not universal assholes. It's just so blown out of proportion. 

What are these brain dead takes? Not all abusers are assholes? Well, they still ABUSED people. And if you work with an abuser you are definitely suppoting them because you're providing them with work. 

17 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

Abusers are not universal assholes.

you understand what the word abuser means, right? :saladga:

mother, what must i do?

alsemanche
25 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

. Also - she can like who she likes. Abusers are not universal assholes. It's just so blown out of proportion. 

I guess it's also fine when people work with r kelly by your logic, he's not a universal asshole after all and it's the artists' freedom! Let's petition for Do What U Want to be back on streaming yaaaass 

Sarcasm aside, I hope you realize how f*cking harmful and gross what you said is. Nothing is blown out of proportion. Wtf are y'all even saying at this point? 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived