💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Stupid Love MV pays homage to MJ's Beat It

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

Around 3:40...

Was watching it again and for some reason I was just like "Isn't Stupid Love's music video just a yassified version of this? :laughga:"

Joshie S

The answer is, yes. 

But, the real question is, why does Gaga keep gravitating to the desert in all her videos? :ohwell:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♄

46 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

The answer is, yes. 

But, the real question is, why does Gaga keep gravitating to the desert in all her videos? :ohwell:

Because she’s going to desert her music career for acting :enigma:

PartySick

Idk if it's a direct reference tbh. Gang fights like this are kind of a common trope, MJ didn't invent it :sweat:

But at the same time, I do see TONS of MJ references in a lot of things Gaga does so it's possible!

In fact, when we went to one of the museums in LA that was supposed to have an MJ exhibit they told us it was all auctioned off a few months before then. The guy said it was Lady Gaga who bought nearly everything in the exhibit for several million dollars.

It really warms my heart that she's still a super fan and still preserving his stuff, even if she isn't directly public about it anymore :flutter:

Let me go watch a compilation of her doing MJ moves at TCB again :legend:

đŸ–€

Guillaume Hamon
36 minutes ago, PartySick said:

But at the same time, I do see TONS of MJ references in a lot of things Gaga does so it's possible!

That much? Since you know both well it would be interesting if you want to make a thread to highlight it one day. :hor:

Would make sense because the Stupid Love performance at the CBT felt very MJ inspired 

đ•Żđ•”, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Sneaky Oliver
10 minutes ago, Bowman said:

Would make sense because the Stupid Love performance at the CBT felt very MJ inspired 

Stupid Love AND Rain On Me performances at the CBT felt very UNinspired tbh :iamfair:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

12 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Stupid Love AND Rain On Me performances at the CBT felt very UNinspired tbh :iamfair:

Oh really? Why do you feel like that, they weren’t groundbreaking but they were cute 

đ•Żđ•”, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Sneaky Oliver
Just now, Bowman said:

Oh really? Why do you feel like that, they weren’t groundbreaking but they were cute 

They were good! But ROM being the hit single of the era deserved better. There's nothing special, not even an intro or outro. 911, Replay, Babylon and even Bad Romance had more memorable performances. The outfit was quite simple too 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

PartySick
10 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

That much? Since you know both well it would be interesting if you want to make a thread to highlight it one day. :hor:

Maybe I will :diane:

đŸ–€

HarleyQuinGa2022
16 hours ago, Joshie S said:

The answer is, yes. 

Because the desert symbolizes creativity and clarity amidst obstacles and hardship, and overcoming those obstacles, which is essentially what Chromatica was about - the obstacles in Gaga’s life and finding creativity in those hardships and channeling the loneliness into something artistic and creative. 

lady gaga million reasons GIF by NOW That's Music

16 hours ago, Joshie S said:

The answer is, yes. 

It’s convenient and very close to LA :vegas:

OT: MJ is the blueprint for every pop video in existence so, probably.

I wish she would return to short films as music videos though, 911 was a step in the right direction I hope she keeps it up :giveup:

Archived