💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Did you start to watch season 5 of The Crown?

Blackout19

Featured Posts

LilyLark

I liked the previous seasons, but find this one very distasteful (granted, I'm critical of the royal fam-despite loving The Crown lol-so I may be biased). In the past, the show has been very sympathetic to Diana. This season, however, portrays her as petty and kind of pathetic (even if she's still wronged) while sanitizing Charles' emotional abuse of her (along with Camilla). It's ironic, because the BRF was so upset about the show but instead it very much glosses over Chuck's faults (like the fact that he was f*cking around with multiple women, not just Camilla), so this whole 'he couldn't help but cheat on Di because he was in love with Cam and forced to marry Di' narrative is bullsh*t.

I forgot that the creator, Peter Morgan, is ultimately a fairly traditional royalist and a fan of Elizabeth. So his idea of being 'critical' is to minimize faults, while sort of maximizing faults of anyone who ever truly made the royals look bad. It allows him to seem objective on the surface, but in reality he gives a subjective take.

*And yes, I'm aware Diana was not perfect. She slept with married men among other things. But she did so much for HIV causes back in the day-perhaps more than any other public, celebrity esque figure, even Madonna & Liz Taylor-and Charles and Camila slandered her so much in the press & emotionally abused her...so it's really annoying to see the show spin it as 'well, the royal family is tough on everyone, Diana just couldn't handle the 'toughness'.'

Don't like how Diana offloads her feelings to everyone we see her interact with lol

But I'm loving it so far, Olivia Coleman's seasons are not missed 

Watched the first 3 episodes last night. Great season as expected. 

Here are some initial thoughts:

• In episode 1, the story about the boat and the tension with the Prime Minister was excellent! I thought there would be a payoff to the story but it seems to have fizzled out?

• Episode 2: is that all they’re going to do with that EXPLOSIVE tell all book by Andrew Morton or is there more to come?? That was a big deal in real life and I remember even seeing it everywhere here in the states. My mom and aunts bought copies of the book and always remember it laying around the house. I know own a paperback copy and it’s so amazing.

• I love the way they introduce Dodi Fayed. That story honestly was one of the best episodes of The Crown ever. And I knew when he started the renovation of the exiled king’s castle that the family wouldn’t like that. I cried when the Valet to the King died. What a fascinating story and amazing acting.

Queen Elizabeth GIF

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Sexxx said:

Don't like how Diana offloads her feelings to everyone we see her interact with lol

But I'm loving it so far, Olivia Coleman's seasons are not missed 

I hear you about Diana, but this is historically accurate. She was basically telling everyone her feelings in an effort to get help. 

Princess Diana GIF by Madman Films

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️

Sorcerer

I'm in four episodes so far and it's actually quite better than the reviews. Debicki and Staunton are fascinating. Debicki lights up the screen every time she's on. West does not look like Charles but his accent is okay. Pryce is not that good as Philip. The writing sometimes is underwhelming and too on-the-nose but it's not that terrible. I loved the Al-Fayed episode. And Annus Horribilis was heartbreaking.

LadyxGaGa

honestly the best season yet imo the actors chosen to play the queen and diana are unmatched. probs the most accurate versions of them they could find. i rly enjoy the story line and how in depth it goes this time around. i’m scared on what’s going to happen 

LateToCult

The storylines for the royals this season have been on the boring side for me. Skipped through 90% of Philip, Anne, and Margaret scenes. The Philip/Penny stuff was particularly meh. I think it was inevitable that once Diana entered the picture she would cast a shadow over all of them. 

Schwerk

I'm gonna download them for my work train commute. 

Really enjoyed previous seasons, but the last one was my least favorite, so I hope I enjoy this one more.

Ive heard quite a view people all of a sudden talk down on this series just because we've now reached a time period they've experienced. It's a bit unfair, it always was a fantasy, we simply don't know what happened behind closed doors, not in the fifties, not now.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

RAMROD

I have finished it. There are so many heartbreaks happening in that..., system, I can't believe it. 

Next season will be the final one, :bradley: and I can't wait. The way this season is ending, it might be.... :bradley: 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived