💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

Forbes' 2023 Grammy Predictions: Lady Gaga & Adele For Song Of The Year

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Forbes' predictions for the 10 nominees for Song of the Year at the 2023 Grammys:
• Adele - “Easy on Me”
• Beyoncé - “Break My Soul”
• Brandi Carlile - “You and Me On the Rock”
• Carolina Gaitán, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz and cast of Encanto - “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”
• Harry Styles - “As It Was”
• Kendrick Lamar - “The Heart Pt. 5”
• Lady Gaga - “Hold My Hand”
• Steve Lacy - “Bad Habit”
• Taylor Swift - "All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From the Vault)"
• Zach Bryan - “Something in the Orange”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2022/11/07/2023-grammy-predictions-taylor-swift-lady-gaga--adele-for-song-of-the-year/

i ❤️

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Controversiaga

I could see as it was winning. That song was everywhere.

I feel like hold my hand never found it’s way outside of stan culture.

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

i love HMH but how in the hell do they predict gaga getting a nomination for it when ASIB OST couldn't even secure a nomination for album of the year?? it's giving clickbait.

disappointed-laugh.gif

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

tylerjs

Literally none of these songs have had a sliver of my attention other than HMH but HMH realistically had no impact on the GP, so it’ll probably lose for that reason. Also the bad habit song is so irritating to me idk :selena:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

MelbHawker

I’d just love for Adele, Bey & Gaga to be nominated in the major categories altogether but HMH ain’t going anywhere near this. :flop:

I could 10000% see this nomination (but not a win). Don’t forget that the Grammys love Gaga and here is my proof:

1. Joanne won Best Pop Solo (a relatively unknown PIANO VERSION of a song beat God is a Woman and Havana)

2. ARUTW (a non single) was nominated for for SOTY a year after Shallow won that same award, and after the movie’s buzz was over

3. Love for Sale (a cover album with limited impact) was nominated for Album of the Year 

4. I Get A Kick Out of You was nominated for Record of the Year!!! HMH may not have torn up the charts, but it sure as hell had more impact than this song. 

Just now, Nycboy said:

I could 10000% see this nomination (but not a win). Don’t forget that the Grammys love Gaga and here is my proof:

1. Joanne won Best Pop Solo (a relatively unknown PIANO VERSION of a song beat God is a Woman and Havana)

2. ARUTW (a non single) was nominated for for SOTY a year after Shallow won that same award, and after the movie’s buzz was over

3. Love for Sale (a cover album with limited impact) was nominated for Album of the Year 

4. I Get A Kick Out of You was nominated for Record of the Year!!! HMH may not have torn up the charts, but it sure as hell had more impact than this song. 

Edit - shallow didn’t win SOTY but was nominated. 

Bradley
1 hour ago, mamo said:

i love HMH but how in the hell do they predict gaga getting a nomination for it when ASIB OST couldn't even secure a nomination for album of the year?? it's giving clickbait.

disappointed-laugh.gif

We say this every year.

We said this about Joanne, which won, we also said Love for Sale was gonna get Best Traditional Pop Vocal nomination at most, and it ended up getting Album of the Year, ROTY, Pop Duo/Group

Anderson123

Y'all forget Record of the Year is one thing, Song of the Year is another. Hold My Hand has beautiful lyrics and could get a nomination there, like Always Remember Us This Way and Shallow did. A song doesn't need to be a hit to be nominated there. We've seen several times where the same song wins both Record and Song of the Year and Easy On Me could easily win them again.

48 minutes ago, Bradley said:

We say this every year.

We said this about Joanne, which won, we also said Love for Sale was gonna get Best Traditional Pop Vocal nomination at most, and it ended up getting Album of the Year, ROTY, Pop Duo/Group

ok but if we look at her Grammy nominations history, she's been snubbed multiple times for some of her biggest songs.  Her only SOTY + ROTY nominations are for Poker Face, Shallow, ARUTW and I Get a Kick Out of You . 

Bad Romance, Born This Way and Rain On Me weren't nominated in any of the major categories for SOTY or ROTY and they were literally some of the biggest hits released in their respective years. So why on earth would we think 'Hold My Hand' stood a chance to be nominated apart from the 'song for visual media' category when it's barely had much impact? 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

nodandsmile
2 hours ago, mamo said:

disappointed-laugh.gif

different year, different category, different competition... hell different voting system

these things aren't often about what you think "deserves" or what gp cares about (Brandi Carlile is always on there and not even the stan world cares for her!) 

this past year been weak as hell (especially from mainstream artists) would not predict it but I could see it sneak in there especially with no commitee to block her

River

The Granny's will nominate Gaga, invite her to perform for the ratings and then snub her.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Archived