đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift dresses up as her previous eras in a new Capital One commercial

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

I’m a big Taylor fan, it wasn’t intended as a critique. She has a very consistent look, it’s not a negative. I just think this idea works better for artists who aesthetically transform themselves more overtly through their career - think, Christina Aguilera from Stripped to Back to Basics to Bionic..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leoj305
52 minutes ago, JanStan said:

I’m not a hater but these looks look like the same era to me. She always looks flawless though just always the same. I wish she would do something different with her hair at least once. 

I think we are used to Gaga having an entire different as the tic per single from TF-Chromatica , so it looks like one era

TheFame Monster

These are all outfits from tours or live performances (except for reputation). They are all totally recognizable by fans. 

Can’t act like this is lame when we all ate up Gaga putting on old outfits to promote an election :billie:

1 hour ago, JanStan said:

Her looks are just like her hair. Different styles but basically always the same. Wavy or straight, updo or down, 6” differences in length. That’s always been her aesthetic and that’s ok. It obviously works for her. It would be like different looks from the same runway show (and not a high fashion one). You might consider that diverse but I don’t.

See your examples and metaphors aren’t helping your argument at all. If these were truly all the same look then it would make sense if they looked cohesive enough to be in a show together. But the thing is they don’t at all. People would say “aesthetically it was all over the place” meaning they do not look the same. 

rinasawachanta
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

People who say all the looks look the same need to... stop being haters idk?

j2stey2fmsj51.png?auto=webp&s=92d57a026b

Now I'm wearing a little dress... Now a coat... Oh, now I have a top hat, look!

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

People who say all the looks look the same need to... stop being haters idk?

j2stey2fmsj51.png?auto=webp&s=92d57a026b

looks 1 to 3 look like they belong to the same era, the same way Just Dance, Pokerface and LoveGame belong to the same era: same blonde bob/fringe + lightning bolt face makeup

the rest are pretty distinct though

mother, what must i do?

phantasmas
44 minutes ago, rinasawachanta said:

Now I'm wearing a little dress... Now a coat... Oh, now I have a top hat, look!

tumblr_oca4kaFsMW1qc3ni5o1_500.gifv

7 hours ago, Regina George said:

Lmao yet somehow I (who is not even TS fan) can distinctly recognise every single one of her eras from these looks. 

She is such a chamaleon…

Monster in Scotland

I love the video but it always surprises me when super rich celebrities do commercials.   That said, Taylor was great in it.

I live outside the space time continuum.

AntonTurnItUp
8 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there 

hottie-schatar.gif

Ok, yeah... every era is a type of Pinterest white girlie :party:

2 hours ago, HIM820 said:

See your examples and metaphors aren’t helping your argument at all. If these were truly all the same look then it would make sense if they looked cohesive enough to be in a show together. But the thing is they don’t at all. People would say “aesthetically it was all over the place” meaning they do not look the same. 

I don’t agree. The cohesive thread would be how commercial they are. All the looks (except for the ring master which is a costume) are totally approachable in the minds of the GP. That’s part of her appeal. Even her most iconic looks are easily replicated by anyone. 

BradleyCooper

I really don't understand all the shade in this thread. This commercial clearly was aimed at a certain demographic, most of which would recognize her different looks. And she looks great in all of them. Not much more to say.

I love Taylor but I only recognized the fearless look. Her looks are not all that iconic. This would be more effective With someone like Rihanna.

12 hours ago, OMonster said:

Really? She definitely has a defined aesthetic for every era. Her fashion isn't extravagant or completely transformational but she is great at creating unique imagery for each and every era. Look at a picture of Taylor and you'll know what album era it's from... even with so many albums! I think she deserves to be credited for that tbh. She makes each era feel new and exciting and is still managing to do that with Midnights.

I think if you’re a hard fan, sure. But they mostly just look like someone growing up which is fine hahaha Gaga’s are like OH YES THIS LOOK I RECALL THIS. And Beyoncé’s, too, even tbh though to a lesser extent

4 hours ago, Ronk said:

I love the video but it always surprises me when super rich celebrities do commercials.   That said, Taylor was great in it.

Prob part of the deal for them bankrolling the tour lol

Archived