💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Hellena Taylor, OG voice of Bayonetta, calling to boycott the game

River

Featured Posts

47 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Also, I’ve done some snooping around and as little as this may sound to some of you, this is pretty standard in the industry, she technically wasn’t offered a small amount.

so maybe start with boycotting the gaming industry and not Bayonetta 3.

boycotting bayonetta 3 is boycotting the gaming industry tho

however not enough people will... gamers as a collective rarely care about social issues

mother, what must i do?

32 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

This is so strange.

Didn't the new Bayonetta voice cost more than Helena? It's a weird choice to not keep her on, so I must be missing something, unless the new actress was paid less?

I work in the video games industry and our voice actors tend to get paid well, especially for freelancing.

That said, there's a difference between the franchise value and its profit.  Game studios can have insane operating costs and taxes. Millions of dollars may seem a lot but there's more nuance to it, especially if it's funding other products or investments.

Hopefully she gets a new gig that will pay her more though. She added a lot to the series.

I'm probably going to buy Bayonetta 3 (guilty) but my expectations are lower and tbh the new characters and visuals don't seem to vibe with me as much as the first two games. 

It's more than the 4k, they didn't want her to earn from merchandise either, it's like they simply telling her "you're not Bayonetta".

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

RAMROD

Too late, I've purchased it and no refunds allowed. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

alsemanche
47 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

@alsemanche @River @RAMROD  looks like the TERF lied.

Also yes, Hellena is indee a TERF it seems and does not support trans people. Receipts are on Twitter:glamourpuss:

yikes... not entirely believing the studio's response because they can easily lie about that but the other stuff??? gross to say the least

i won't be buying the game either way because my friend will get a digital copy and we'll game share once he finishes it :vegas: I'll spend my coin on another game, probably mario + rabbids 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

I hope they make this right for her but sadly I don’t see much coming of it :saladga:

I know it was rumored years ago but I constantly think about Gaga playing Bayonetta in a live action movie. It would be such a serve. The fashion would be so incredible. 

1 hour ago, Sneaky said:

@alsemanche @River @RAMROD  looks like the TERF lied.

Also yes, Hellena is indee a TERF it seems and does not support trans people. Receipts are on Twitter:glamourpuss:

I find it weird that the 15k is matching exactly to the fake "we offered 15k" tweet of Hideki.

Also, Bloomberg tend to lie, remember the Switch Pro news?

And idk what is worst, a TERF or an antivaxxer who believes that autism is man made (Jennifer Hale)

But bottom line, the problem remains the same, voice actors are treated like sh-t and something needs to be done and salaries needs to be raised asap.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

So if anything, this just proves the fan theories about how Platinum originally wanted a new voice for Cereza a.k.a. grown up little one (the main protagonist of this game, as it looks like by the trailers) because she is younger than the other Bayos (1 and 2) AND they wanted Hellena to return for the other Bayo cameos. That's why it is reported that it wasn't for the whole game. Interesting.

Anyway I feel like the new voice sounds pretty good actually and fresh just like Cereza. I love Hellena's voice but with the boycotting of the game and how petty she was to J. Hale in those videos she lost some of my respect :interestinga:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

SpiritBunny

I wish I could get 3-4k for a single session of voice acting. That doesn't seem bad to me. Also, her saying "platinum is trying to save the game now" as if her getting butthurt would stop stans from buying the newest game in a franchise that takes 10 years to make a new installment:billie:

Archived