Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Robin Schulz accused of stealing his new hit from rising producer

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Robin Schulz has been accused of stealing elements of his song “Miss You” with Oliver Tree from rising producer southstar, who released a song with the same name, same sample, and seemingly same production and even the same track length three months prior.

A rework of Oliver Tree’s “Jerk,” “Miss You” initially released by southstar on May 9 has been discovered in playlists and major live sets ever since. Exploding in Germany and rippling globally, southstar’s “Miss You” landed in Spotify’s Viral Charts (no.1 in Germany and no.2 globally) while peaking in the Top 50 Charts in Germany. 
Robin Schulz is German, where the track was no.1 in Spotify’s Viral Charts.

southstar had all the necessary rights to the sample cleared by his label, Sony. Robin Schulz managed to get Oliver Tree on the track as a feature (as they are both from the same label).

On Instagram stories, southstar called out the producer: “Robin Schulz stole my song ‘Miss You’, which I dropped over a month ago!”

Robin Schulz’s management have made an official statement: “For over 20 years we have navigated fairly and with great respect for all artists and their creative work. Sometimes I am surprised by the audacity of other artists to deliberately disregard rights and works and capitalize on them.”
source

southstar (released on May 9)

Oliver Tree & Robin Schulz  (released on August 5)

Robin Schulz's version went viral on TikTok and both songs debuted on Global and UK Spotify Charts this week 

Robin Schulz's version charts higher than southstar's Miss You

Spotify October 12

• southstar
Global #82 - 1,277,941
UK #31 - 128,176

• Oliver Tree & Robin Schulz
Global #33 - 1,941,050
UK #11 - 223,794

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

omg? the exact same song?? I listened to like 30 seconds of each lol

no shade but the robin version is clearer/sounds better :bear:

Gagaism

If I was part of a song producer crew I’d just start to Shazam the new songs to make sure there’s nothing similar already released :partysick:

Controversiaga

I’ve never heard of any of this ppl

Aging Jamie Lee Curtis GIF

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Robin Schulz has been accused of stealing elements of his song “Miss You” 

Elements??? That's the whole ass song, pls be serious :smh: 

Its not a fedora u f*ck

PopEmergency

fun fact about this track... Southstars version was on Spotify, Schulz stole the song and had the audacity to copyright claim southstar. He had to change the vocal track and update the song :wtfga:

gumzy3000

You have got to be kidding me, I hope this Robin dude is sued into oblivion - they are EXACTLY the same song

trolly troll troll

Catnikko

Kinda like when Flo Rida released Good Feeling to get over on Avicii 'levels' :air: messy

Actual patient

bpmMonkey

Uh, this popped up a couple of months ago. It was my summer song, the one from southstar. A lot of producers and DJs her spoke out about it, Schulz then disabled his Instagram so you couldn’t tag him anymore or DM him.. he clearly knew what he was doing. 

Guest MiracleWinchester

It wasn’t Robin Schulz‘ fault or idea. It was some sort of a PR stunt of his manager. He revealed this months ago. 

Robin Schulz released the song featuring the original artist. They ripped or sampled southstar’s song, because HE stole large portion‘s of Oliver Tree‘s art WITHOUT permission.

His manager wanted to set an example how other people are stealing art. So they sampled the song.

Archived