💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billy Eichner blames homophobia for BROS poor numbers

Dojo

Featured Posts

SKANK

Does anyone remember the weird and nasty twitter rant Billy went on when Ross Mathews accepted a gig that Billy passed on? The whole "you're a homophobic weirdo if you don't support queer folks" narrative is rich coming from him. 

Not interested in seeing your film, bro, but I hope it opens the door for other queer filmmakers.:vegas:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

All the pick me gays saying 

truth was stated i fear 

SpadesToStart

Saw it today and it was pretty funny! Definitely a lot of relatable moments...some a little too relatable and causing me to relive my dating traumas :cryga:

(specifically the texting and grindr scenes :lolga: )

waterfall

ngl most gay movies don’t do well at the box office unless they have a small budget. i just watched the trailer and i can kinda get why this didn’t do that well 😭 trailer looks too corny and plus there’s no star power in the film.

i don’t get why he just blaming straights when gay people didn’t go see this film either, considering the fact they make 10% of usa’s population which is a big chunk

shouldve put this on streaming
 maybe i would’ve watched

Dog GIF by Sesame Street

1 hour ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

All the pick me gays saying “but I had no desire to see it either”
 like okay. He’s describing one of the reasons people may not want to see it, not THE reason. He’s clearly very proud of his movie and wants everyone to get the chance to see it. People keep dragging him and it’s weird, people beg for representation that isn’t a tragic, death, AIDS storyline and we finally got a theatrically released romcom. Could he have worded these tweets in a different way, sure, but let’s not pretend we don’t see where he’s coming from.

And studios pay attention to these things. If even gay people don’t want to watch gay stories then they’ll simply stop making them. 

imma be honest as a straight person it’s true i barely watch gay rom coms or gay movies like the Simon one. Imma be honest again it doesn’t interest me to be faif just like im sure a gay man doesn’t wanna see a woman falling in love with a man in a movie even tho it’s been so mainstream. Or a movie bout being pregnant cause there are some

Not The Real Gaga

Ngl... It's a movie I want to see but it seems more like a streaming movie lol

SlowLoris

But isn't it a room com? Does he not realize that 50 percent of gays love horror and smut?  I have absolutely zero interest in paying to sit through a rom com, even if it's gay.  Straight people can keep that lol

AkariGaga

It may do well if it is a Netflix movie,like I would stream it.The trailer looks interesting but there is  no star power at all,I only knew him from AHS. I haven’t watch movies in theatres like forever and even before pandaemic,I only watch horror movies ,superhero movies and action movies in theatres.

It needs more marketing and star power .

Najoua Belyzel
34 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

imma be honest as a straight person it’s true i barely watch gay rom coms or gay movies like the Simon one. Imma be honest again it doesn’t interest me to be faif just like im sure a gay man doesn’t wanna see a woman falling in love with a man in a movie even tho it’s been so mainstream. Or a movie bout being pregnant cause there are some

Lol what ? Im gay, If I was only interested in gay representations I would never go to the cinema xD 

Monstermilo

unfortunately the only ppl who will wanna see this is gay ppl and were only 10% of the population soooooo. yeah lol there will be a few allies who wanna see it but most of the viewers are lgbt

Guillaume Hamon
2 hours ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

All the pick me gays saying “but I had no desire to see it either”
 like okay. He’s describing one of the reasons people may not want to see it, not THE reason.

He's not saying it's the only reason indeed but if you say "even with good reviews straight folks didn't support it" right after disappointing opening results came it quite sounds like you're pointing at it as the main reason.

Honestly forced to watch this last Friday by my boyfriends friends. 

it wasn’t good :icega:

Archived