Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

'LG7' Discussion

FATCAT

Featured Posts

Edonis
3 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

Huh???

It was her biggest first week sales since BTW 9 years prior. More than ASIB itself in any week. It’s longevity is another story, but it opened quite impressively around the world. That first week of charting saw Gaga at heights she hadn’t been at with a pop record since BTW

I think they mean the album could've been a lot bigger. But we know leaks and covid got in the way of things, so there's that to consider. 

I still think we're getting something this year. Call me delusional, but I would not be shocked if a lead comes out late summer/early fall with an album release following just in time for new Vegas dates. 

• Like 1

COOOK
19 minutes ago, ELECTROHEART said:

its leak, the (bad :partysick:) music video, the mess with the delays thanks to the pandemic and the lack of promo

right, it still did good as an album even with everything you mentioned so this means that precisely all this feat was mainly the work of die-hard fans- ari's and blinks helped a bit too- whereas all the attention we wanted from the GP during that time went all the way towards artists who's only focus was to keep them entertained while gaga's was on philanthropy

Edited by COOOK

TEANUS
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

I still think we're getting something this year. Call me delusional, but I would not be shocked if a lead comes out late summer/early fall with an album release following just in time for new Vegas dates. 

There’s a big part of me that feels this way as well

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 2

Jack3257
1 hour ago, Edonis said:

I could see this.  Honestly, ARTPOP Act II as an EP wouldn’t shock me just so she could have some new music to tie into a new pop residency.

With where Gaga is in her life/career, I can see a new Vegas show being her version of an Eras tour (but I thing she should go chronologically).

Brizel
4 hours ago, Monsterclaw said:

I would really live if LG7 came out this year but from a commercial standpoint its better for her and her team to wait for the Joker release - this role will most likely be her biggest  one yet, the film itself will give her a lot of buzz - basically, its going to be ASIB 2.0( if not bigger), so coming off of this era will give her huge hype and boost when it comes to new music.

She needs to release an album now and another after joker 2. That’s wayy too long between albums otherwise and peoples attentions spans are so short these days, they need to be fed . But the Music needs to be REALLY good this time and she needs to put her full gagussy into it. .I just don’t understand why you would wait 5 years when she isn’t in that type of position in the music world where her last album was a huge success and there’s lots of anticipation . I don’t hear many people mentioning her in the real world lately 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jaXXXon

For those who say she'll wait to release her new album until after Joker II is released. Is that smart? From a commercial standpoint she's nowhere anticipated enough by the GP to wait that long. She'll be forgotten or become pretty irrelevant music-wise until then and if the Joker II soundtrack is jazz covers then that wait will be even worse for her status.

Besides, let's say she releases the album this year around October. Harry's House, for example, is not even a year old yet but it feels like the era has been super long. She can easily release the lead single and promote the album until Joker II and it'll be a way longer era than Chromatica ever was lol. She literally has that long time before Joker II is released. Even more than that when you count that it's only May and not October. 

A good promotional strategy would be to release around Halloween because of Bloody Mary smashing, doing a darker pop sound and perhaps connecting it to Wednesday a bit with let's say a lead single or the second single (if the Wednesday season 2 will be released around Halloween, that is) and then do some more promo, perhaps some shows here and there or Vegas until Joker II comes out. 

Edited by jaXXXon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

retrosexual123

Cant believe it’s been 3 years since chromatica… i also dont think gaga is working on new music / has any plans to do so for the foreseeable future

• Like 1

monketsharona
17 hours ago, Monsterclaw said:

I would really live if LG7 came out this year but from a commercial standpoint its better for her and her team to wait for the Joker release - this role will most likely be her biggest  one yet, the film itself will give her a lot of buzz - basically, its going to be ASIB 2.0( if not bigger), so coming off of this era will give her huge hype and boost when it comes to new music.

I honestly don't see an acting role having impact on her music commercially.

A Star is Born was also a smash on radios and music industry in general because it also delivered mainstream music as well.

Not sure she's the kind of artist making big musical blackout is working. Wait and see I guess

Tinnitus15
7 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Not sure she's the kind of artist making big musical blackout is working. Wait and see I guess

The only one who can pull a musical blackout is Taylor. 

• Like 1

monketsharona
5 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

The only one who can pull a musical blackout is Taylor. 

And Adele tbh 

Kinda feel like Gaga's next album will just do 'okay' commercially if she's not building hype around music comeback.

• YAAAS 2

On 5/15/2023 at 3:06 PM, monketsharona said:

And Adele tbh 

Hmm Adele's hype is getting lesser each album cycle, 30 has nowhere the cultural impact that 21 or 25 had.

• Like 4

tylerjs

Wouldn’t surprise me at all to find out Gaga has done little to zero work on or even given consideration to her next album tbh, unless maybe if it was jazz or Joker related. Realistically we won’t get a “pop” record until at least 2025, and certainly not getting anything related to ARTPOP unless it’s a new bundle of the standard version we have today. I think her previous album cycle timelines are completely irrelevant, and I also think her residency will have zero impact on new music. If we know anything about Gaga after all these years is that if it makes sense on paper, she probably isn’t doing it 

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Tyler1992

7 hours ago, soularpower said:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all to find out Gaga has done little to zero work on or even given consideration to her next album tbh, unless maybe if it was jazz or Joker related. Realistically we won’t get a “pop” record until at least 2025, and certainly not getting anything related to ARTPOP unless it’s a new bundle of the standard version we have today. I think her previous album cycle timelines are completely irrelevant, and I also think her residency will have zero impact on new music. If we know anything about Gaga after all these years is that if it makes sense on paper, she probably isn’t doing it 

What is exciting for me at this point is the rule book for Gaga releases has gone out the window. There’s always been some kind of traction about what was coming next. 

Gaga has always been so consistent with releasing music and there’s always been some kind of traction for new music. Its kind of cool to have no idea where she’s going next (we never really do, but it’s been particularly long).

At the moment all we know is at the latest it could be in 2024 with FAD. With pop music we have ZERO idea. It could be next week, it could be 2025. We have never experienced a pop music drought  like this, and we have no idea when it will end. 

Hype us with your lack of hype Gaga!!

starcell

Really just hoping for a heavier album, pop meets industrial or metal 😩 and she can take her time, please! I just find it interesting how she’s such a rockstar at heart and loves a lot of classic rock but really hasn’t dived FULLY into the genre. I always revisit the Metallica rehearsal, thinking of what could be…

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Starmie25

I am here for industrial/heavy electronica again! 

No disco/funk please. We have enough inoffensive funk in the charts already 🥳

• Like 6
  • YAAAS 1