💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

'LG7' Discussion

FATCAT

Featured Posts

monketsharona

I feel like Lady Gaga kind teased us she worked on writing some music alone at home, she emphasized it twice in recent interviews.

Next step will probably be gathering a team and recording the songd. Could see her doing this later this year

Edited by monketsharona
  • Like 2

Gaby15
18 hours ago, ELECTROHEART said:

During March-September 2020 she was working on LFS her team were working on how to promote the era in the middle of pandemic

+ (probably summer-fall) 2020: working on Top Gun: Maverick score

Gaby15
18 hours ago, LilyLark said:

She was even photographed at a studio. I mean, it could have been for Joker, but I feel like they'd probably do a lot of the recording 'after' for it and/or on set (people heard her singing on set, etc.). Like there's no way she hasn't been working on music to some degree.

I don't think the songs are recorded during post-production, or if it is, that would explain the October 2024 release date. Joaquin is shooting other movies back to back, and from his music teacher(?) post, it seemed like that collab is over.

SpanishChaosAngel

theres a guy here in spain which talks about a lot of rumors from pop singers, and he said that gaga is supposed to start recording in studios in May

• YAAAS 1

ELECTROHEART
1 hour ago, SpanishChaosAngel said:

theres a guy here in spain which talks about a lot of rumors from pop singers, and he said that gaga is supposed to start recording in studios in May

If that's true, this confirms a spring/summer 2025 release, when she's in the studio, it means this music will be out until at least a year later, she started recording ARTPOP on august 2012, Joanne on september 2015, and Chromatica at some point of 2018 (maybe april). This time she won't be able to release anything during 2024 as if she would be overexposed and The Joker would be released a few months later, the era would be shortened and there wouldn't be time for much promotion or a tour. Besides, she also has a private life and needs to rest.

There's no way she would record new music on may and inmediately release it on september-october, an album always takes its time.

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Maxine Puth
13 minutes ago, ELECTROHEART said:

If that's true, this confirms a spring/summer 2025 release, when she's in the studio, it means this music will be out until at least a year later, she started recording ARTPOP on august 2012, Joanne on september 2015, and Chromatica at some point of 2018 (maybe april). This time she won't be able to release anything during 2024 as if she would be overexposed and The Joker would be released a few months later, the era would be shortened and there wouldn't be time for much promotion or a tour. Besides, she also has a private life and needs to rest.

There's no way she would record new music on may and inmediately release it on september-october, an album always takes its time.

Really curious how you got those dates. ARTPOP and Chromatica both sound off but I know for sure the official Joanne sessions with Mark started in March / April of 2016, so all but the work tape started then. 

• Like 1

ELECTROHEART
10 minutes ago, Maxine Puth said:

Really curious how you got those dates. ARTPOP and Chromatica both sound off but I know for sure the official Joanne sessions with Mark started in March / April of 2016, so all but the work tape started then. 

DSlfZfpWkAA2em_.jpg:large

She started with Angel Down/Sinner's Prayer (and Frankensteined? :stalkga:) sessions apparently

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"
  • Like 1

Maxine Puth
13 minutes ago, ELECTROHEART said:

She started with Angel Down/Sinner's Prayer (and Frankensteined? :stalkga:) sessions apparently

Well, if we’re going off of RedOne studio pics then those started all the way in Spring 2015. But that’s pretty much confirmed a whole different album / different producers and songs. Angel Down is the only scrapped album we know of that spawned from those sessions, and even that was retouched by Mark during the Joanne sessions which lasted 6 months (and also included Gaga writing for ASIB and filming for AHS).

• Like 1

Edonis
17 minutes ago, ELECTROHEART said:

Mark Ronson confirmed starting the record that would later become known as Joanne in the Spring of 2016, with Diamond Heart being the first track they worked on together. Angel Down is a remnant of the RedOne sessions that, while were part of the writing sessions for LG5, were not used for Joanne. By 2016, the album direction. 

With the exception of ARTPOP and Chromatica, most Gaga albums are written, recorded, and completed in less than a year. And with the former exceptions, bulk of their polishing is usually finished in less than 6 months before the album is released. Who knows how much she's already written or recorded. 

• Like 1

LordByron28
22 hours ago, LilyLark said:

I genuinely do not understand why people believe there won't be new music until 2025.

She's always released new music approximately every 2-3 years, Interscope would be deeply unhappy with her for waiting so long to release music, there was time during the pandemic where she probably didn't have much on her plate, she's been photographed at a music studio, etc.

I mean, Adele's label was annoyed at her taking so long and that's Adele! Gaga's an A lister, but Taylor and Adele have selling power more than anyone else....so why would a label give Gaga a pass when Adele did not have one. The head of Katy's label publicly spoke out, on the record, and said he thought the long time period in between albums had hurt her sales. Not to mention late 2024 is going to be all about Joker 2.

I’d also point out that she has been working non-stop and typically releases new music or art every year;

2008- The Fame era

2009- The Fame Monster era, The Fame Ball, Cherry tree sessions and Chillin

2010- Fame Monster Remix EP, Alejandro & Telephone music videos/singles, and The Monster Ball

2011- BTW era, Lady is a Tramp collab with Tony, Thanksgiving special/mini-album

2012- BTWB

2013- ARTPOP

2014- C2C, Live at Rosedale & Artrave

2015- TIHTY, Sound of Music tribute performance and Stevie Wonder tribute performance

2016- Joanne, I Want Your Love, David Bowie tribute performance, TIHTY academy awards performance, and Hillary Clinton campaigning

2017- Metallica Tribute performance, Super Bowl performance, The Cure, Coachella, and the Joanne World Tour

2018- ASIB and Your Song

2019- Enigma and Oscars Shallow performance

2020- Chromatica, One World Together At Home Concert, and VMA Tri-con performance

2021- L4S, DoC and BTW 10

2022- HMH and Chromatica Ball

2023- Bloody Mary era & HMH Oscars performance so far…..

Based on her past, I think she will likely release some kind of new recorded music this year, even if it isn’t LG7.

21 hours ago, Maxine Puth said:

I think some of y’all deeply over complicate making music. Gaga doesn’t need to live and breathe songwriting, she doesn’t need to have days or weeks dedicated to making a song. Sometimes it’s as simple as living your day to day life and getting a melody in your head, or coming back home from a long day of work and wanting to write a song before bed. There hasn’t been a single album (besides TF I guess) where she wasn’t busy doing other projects, either touring, filming for TV shows / movies, doing business projects, etc. so I’m not sure where this “she needs to spend the next 6 months doing nothing but living in the studio” is coming from. 

I think it’s simply because we are used to earlier in her career where she was constantly pictured recording new music in a studio. As she’s gotten older she has stopped posting those kind of pictures. I think probably since Chromatica’s release she has written and recorded material sporadically during the pandemic. a number of her albums are recorded while on tour so it’s likely she did some during The Chromatica Ball, and potentially has more planned in this post- J:FAD filming period.

I suspect she has written and recorded sporadically and likely has a number of songs and concepts created. However, this post-J:FAD filming period she will work with a producer and come up with a clear concept and vision for the album with all of the material and concepts she has created so far. Working on actually forming the album and art surrounding the era. They will record and bounce different ideas off of each other to flesh out different concepts or songs as well as come up with sonic direction. She will likely write/record some new songs during these sessions as well that fit the overall album concept, now that it has been established. 

15 hours ago, monketsharona said:

I feel like Lady Gaga kind teased us she worked on writing some music alone at home, she emphasized it twice in recent interviews.

Next step will probably be gathering a team and recording the songd. Could see her doing this later this year

Do you have a source or remember when she said she was writing music?

1 hour ago, ELECTROHEART said:

I think it is incredibly likely she will release a new album, either late this year or early next year. If anything the concern about being overexposed would be of more concern for Spring 2025 than Spring 2024 as JFAD promo, red carpet movie release , streaming and award show season will have her busy September 2024-March 2025 and in the public eye. JFAD’s success is not going to be impacted by a new album from Gaga but LG7’s success will be impacted by JFAD. The overexposure would be of more concern immediately after JFAD era than before JFAD era begins. 

Initial plans for Chromatica were Stupid Love- February 2020, Album drop in March, Coachella performance with Ariana Grande for RoM, Fortnite Concert during the summer, 3rd single with VMA performance in August, and then Hold My Hand in Fall 2019 with tour the following summer. Covid and 2020 in general altered plans significantly.

I could easily see LG7 in some aspects try another attempt at what their marketing plan for Chromatica was. Grammy’s debut of lead single, album drop shortly after, Coachella performance, 2nd single in May, Fortnite Concert, 3rd single with VMA performance as well as some magazine, TV and Radio interviews/performances (not 2008-2013 levels of exposure). September 24 - March 25 is J:FAD era and award season. May - September 25, LG7 tour. 

Edited by LordByron28
  • Like 1

TimotheeChalamet
18 minutes ago, LordByron28 said:

Do you have a source or remember when she said she was writing music?

He's hinting at when she said "well, there's always new music in my heart but I'm not ready to talk about it yet" when she was interviewed for a podcast (?) or something like that, which is a polite way of saying "shut the **** up, I'm doing other stuff right now, don't bug me with LG7" but stans would twist everything she says just to hold on to a thin thread of hope ❤️

TortureMeOnReplay
22 hours ago, LilyLark said:

I genuinely do not understand why people believe there won't be new music until 2025.

She's always released new music approximately every 2-3 years, Interscope would be deeply unhappy with her for waiting so long to release music, there was time during the pandemic where she probably didn't have much on her plate, she's been photographed at a music studio, etc.

I mean, Adele's label was annoyed at her taking so long and that's Adele! Gaga's an A lister, but Taylor and Adele have selling power more than anyone else....so why would a label give Gaga a pass when Adele did not have one. The head of Katy's label publicly spoke out, on the record, and said he thought the long time period in between albums had hurt her sales. Not to mention late 2024 is going to be all about Joker 2.

Gaga can't be compared to Adele or Katy because their careers heavily/exclusively leaned on music. Gaga doesn't, and her label also profits from her other ventures. If there was pressure to put out an album I believe she would have released a single immediately after Bloody Mary in January and they would have pushed out an album a few months later with promo. I think her team has a clear plan for the next year and a half, even if they haven't shared it. 

Edonis
28 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Gaga can't be compared to Adele or Katy because their careers heavily/exclusively leaned on music. Gaga doesn't, and her label also profits from her other ventures. If there was pressure to put out an album I believe she would have released a single immediately after Bloody Mary in January and they would have pushed out an album a few months later with promo. I think her team has a clear plan for the next year and a half, even if they haven't shared it. 

How so? Her label makes no money from her movies or make-up line. If you mean touring, then that is even more incentive for her label to push new music, whether it be a song or full LP. At the end of the day, the music industry is a job too, and if they want one of their employees to release something for profit they will give her a deadline. We've seen it time and time again for other artists. 

Edited by Edonis
  • Like 4

Noah
21 hours ago, Maxine Puth said:

I think some of y’all deeply over complicate making music. Gaga doesn’t need to live and breath songwriting, she doesn’t need to have days or weeks dedicated to making a song. Sometimes it’s as simple as living your day to day life and getting a melody in your head, or coming back home from a long day of work and wanting to write a song before bed. There hasn’t been a single album (besides TF I guess) where she wasn’t busy doing other projects, either touring, filming for TV shows / movies, doing business projects, etc. so I’m not sure where this “she needs to spend the next 6 months doing nothing but living in the studio” is coming from. 

Exactly. Also let‘s not act like Chromatica wasn‘t finished (outside of the Interludes) since like November 2019 and like 1/3rd of the Songs were written before ASIB even came out. Her life has changed so much and so many things happened. It would be strange if she hadn‘t picked up the pen and her Piano yet to write something. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Like 1