💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

The most SICKENING MV this year, VOTY imo

moonsago

Featured Posts

The Fame Monster
9 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Well that is not exactly true, there are a lot of incredible vocalists in kpop and there are a lot of average singers as well. 

I can believe that. If the music would appeal to me more, I would be searching those artists out.

9 minutes ago, moonsago said:

As for artistry... everybody defines that however they believe, but to imply that the people working on these products, songwriters, music video directors, etc are not artists is kinda ignorant and insulting. I think you are too stuck on the singer-songwriter mentality that we have here in the west. Which is a very narrow minded way to describe an artist. 

I definitely don't want to say that the creative people who created this music video and song are not artists. They definitely are. 

My problem is that I don't see much difference between like, NCT 127 and BTS, for instance. The uniqueness is lacking. These bands seem more like corporate creations to me than real bands, like Coldplay. 

Omg, you're gonna hate me so much, but that's just how I see it. :oops:

Find your freedom in the music

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DoremonLove
18 hours ago, Linus Gaga said:

I like some their MVs but I get what u mean. Always a group dancing, crazy lighting, shaky camera etc. And a lot of company follow the same trend as well... like around 2017 2018, there is always plants, glass box in lots of mv comes out around the time:billie:

This. Thank god i tht i was the only one. Theres no story just crazy sets n dancing honestly i prefer pop girl videos over kpop.

How can anoyone not love gaga

moonsago
1 minute ago, The Fame Monster said:

I can believe that. If the music would appeal to me more, I would be searching those artists out.

I definitely don't want to say that the creative people who created this music video and song are not artists. They definitely are. 

My problem is that I don't see much difference between like, NCT 127 and BTS, for instance. The uniqueness is lacking. These bands seem more like corporate creations to me than real bands, like Coldplay. 

Omg, you're gonna hate me so much, but that's just how I see it. :oops:

No I don’t hate you lmao! It’s okay, you are speaking out of what you know of kpop. Well, there really isn’t anything alike between bts and nct 127... they don’t make the same kind of music, don’t have the same running themes, messages or aesthetics, fashion... the only thing in common is that they are both boy groups that sing and dance. I feel like that’s the thing that people get strung up on whenever they see kpop and can’t really get past that foundational layer to see the artistry involved and the differences between these groups. So you didn’t see the difference because you only looked at the format that kpop abides to, not at the actual work. It’s like me saying all rap groups are the same because they are rap groups so what’s the difference. Besides, a lot of these groups have self producing, composing, writing members as well and are heavily involved in the making of their stuff. Members that choreograph or give imput in the overall vision of product. Of course kpop is a business, but that’s music everywhere. Even the most ‘authentic’ artists out there are a brand trying to sell you an image and are controlled and managed by a higher power. I feel like because kpop indeed uses a training system to put together their acts, it somehow invalidates the artistry for some people. However, what kpop shows is that hard work pays off in the sense that you can learn to become an artist. People are not born artists, they become artists, some do it naturally because they picked up a brush at 3 years old while some, like in kpop, have it brough out of them because of certain circumstances ( training ). There are many shallow aspects in kpop of course, but they exist in western music as well. I simply feel like people overlook certain things in the west in the search to discredit what happens in the east. Kpop is about team work, it’s about the relationship between the performer, their stylist, their choreographer, the music producers, the director, etc. It’s the collaboration that creates the final product. Which is true in the west as well, it’s just that in the west the artist is the face of it all because thats what we like to see and that’s how companies market these popstars as ‘singer-songwriters’ when go read about all the songwriters that complain that they have to share songnwritting credits with artists that changed a word or did nothing, we are told that the artist is the one with the vision when how involved can one really be at the end of the day? Do we really think they design and build sets, choose their outfits alone? No, it’s teamwork here as well! It’s just the way artists are presented here vs the way they are presented in the west. It’s the same thing just marketed differently. And it could be because of the overall mentality difference. Teamwork is seen as a good thing there wheres individuality is seen as a good thing here. Everybody is about the ‘me’ here where there it’s about the ‘we’, in general not just music. That’s why groups succeed there and soloists here. It’s the mentality of the society that runs the way these things happen. I hope this helps you. :heart:

1 hour ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

I love love love KPOP music videos and performances. They don’t play!!! The only problems are the songs and basic singing capibility but they all dance well 

Basic singing capability and K Pop groups from SME never go in a sentence together. 

moonsago
7 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

This. Thank god i tht i was the only one. Theres no story just crazy sets n dancing honestly i prefer pop girl videos over kpop.

Well you didn’t pay much attention because if you did you would pick up on the stories, themes, messages. A lot of kpop groups have entire universes and lores running through out their entire videography. Videos connect and there’s a huge part of their fanbase that theorize and write and do youtube videos about what it could all mean. Different from much of what’s happening in the west. There’s a lot of symbolism and storytelling happening. Just google BTS’s universe and their story for a second to see how it’s been running for years now. It even has a webtoon and show about it. Just because you didn’t pick up on it it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. So don’t make uninformed, ignorant statements. 

moonsago
3 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Basic singing capability and K Pop groups from SME never go in a sentence together. 

I love how most of the people here leave uninformed comments to try and discredit something they already have prejudice or bias against although know NOTHING about. I am sure some are just ignorant and speak out of what they know, but some are just plain haters. 

20 minutes ago, Jose P said:

For me it does, BTS i'm sorry but they can't sing well, just my opinion, reason why they have a lot of autotunes. I know people praise Blackpink's Jisoo but in my opinion she also can't sing well, same thing with Jennie. Lisa can't rap well either, very mediocre, but she's okay, Rosé has a good voice but it's not amazing either, Selena Gomez level. Sorry if it hurts but this is a matter of opinion not because I want to insult them or anything. Just criticizing art. If you are triggered by it, I won't answer cause i don't have time for anger about something as stupid as music :) 

DoctorScent

I love the visuals but these bands always have 0 concepts. Lights, colors, and that's IMPRESSIVE but honestly it's always the same

Ororo Munroe
12 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

For me it does, BTS i'm sorry but they can't sing well, just my opinion, reason why they have a lot of autotunes. I know people praise Blackpink's Jisoo but in my opinion she also can't sing well, same thing with Jennie. Lisa can't rap well either, very mediocre, but she's okay, Rosé has a good voice but it's not amazing either, Selena Gomez level. Sorry if it hurts but this is a matter of opinion not because I want to insult them or anything. Just criticizing art. If you are triggered by it, I won't answer cause i don't have time for anger about something as stupid as music :) 

BTS and Blackpink are not from SME lol. Red Velvet’s Wendy is a better vocalist than most of American mainstream singers, but people are not ready for this conversation. 

Mistress of the Elements âšĄïž

moonsago
13 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

SME is the company from whom the group I posted is. They are known for having the best vocalists in the industry as well as the best dancers. And incredible vocalists exist in this group, just because they didn’t go off in the example you saw it doesn’t mean they can’t. BTS and Blackpink are not from that company. It’s okay, you wouldn’t have known. However, it is ignorant to make general statements about something when all you know are a few examples. Next time say ‘from what I know, the kpop acts I have seen don’t know how to sing, dance, or whatever you noticed’ don’t speak in general terms. 

DoremonLove
34 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Well you didn’t pay much attention because if you did you would pick up on the stories, themes, messages. A lot of kpop groups have entire universes and lores running through out their entire videography. Videos connect and there’s a huge part of their fanbase that theorize and write and do youtube videos about what it could all mean. Different from much of what’s happening in the west. There’s a lot of symbolism and storytelling happening. Just google BTS’s universe and their story for a second to see how it’s been running for years now. It even has a webtoon and show about it. Just because you didn’t pick up on it it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. So don’t make uninformed, ignorant statements. 

Lol don't write essays pls. My opinion. i have seen plenty of kpop videos since they r so popular n everywhere. U have been going on n on in the thread with everyone. Dont make threads if u cant respect others diff opinion. Kindly do not quote with another essay. 

moonsago
2 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

BTS and Blackpink are not from SME lol. Red Velvet’s Wendy is a better vocalist than most of American mainstream singers, but people are not ready for this conversation. 

Period. People should go watch some vocal coaches react to kpop acts to see actual informed opinions, music video editors, directors, dancers and etc reactions to see how different and superior kpop is to the western industry in many aspects. 

moonsago
1 minute ago, DoremonLove said:

Lol don't write essays pls. My opinion. i have seen plenty of kpop videos since they r so popular n everywhere. U have been going on n on in the thread with everyone. Dont make threads if u cant respect others diff opinion. Kindly do not quote with another essay. 

Lmao, that is an essay to you? I respect other people’s opinions when they are INFORMED and EDUCATED, unlike yours, which isn’t. And that’s where I was hinting at with your comment, you talked about lack of storytelling and I was telling you it exists you just didn’t see it. Just admit you don’t know anything and like to talk nonsese but don’t like being called out on it. 

DoremonLove
Just now, moonsago said:

Lmao, that is an essay to you? I respect other people’s opinions when they are INFORMED and EDUCATED, unlike yours, which isn’t. And that’s where I was hinting at with your comment, you talked about lack of storytelling and I was telling you it exists you just didn’t see it. Just admit you don’t know anything and like to talk nonsese but don’t like being called out on it. 

Muting lol. A kpop fanatic annoying here.

moonsago
2 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

Muting lol. A kpop fanatic annoying here.

Lmao, delusional know it all. B*tthurt and offended over truth. 

Archived