Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

LEAK: Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl (album)

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Lona Delery

ive been listening all da long! This Hell is the only skip for me.

my track by track review i already posted elsewhere hehehe

Spoiler

Minor Feelings

I like it, it's too short. How is **** This World an interlude, yet this one is a full track with only 2 minutes? It's giving me Madison Beer vibes, sounds straight out of Life Support.

Hold The Girl

A solid title track, I like it so much. Wasn't so sure when it first dropped, but it's a grower (like me) for sure. I was sceptical about the random changes in the instrumental, but I love them now! Also, the lyrics are so relatable to me.

This Hell

a skip, one of the worst things she has ever released

Catch Me in the Air

I love this so much! I am so happy I got to witness this song live in London. Again, the lyrics are so relatable to me. I really like the pop-rockyness it has. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful

Forgiveness

I love the 6/8 beat in this one. The melody is so pretty, the chorus makes me vibe so hard. I can't wait to hear this live one day (come to Europe, queen). This one is also giving me Madison Beer vibes, what is going on? Reckless?

Holy (Till You Let Me Go)

This is soooo chill and such a bop at the same time. It's one of those songs I imagine playing during an arena tour when the artist is having a costume change and is bridging the audience over, kind of like Coupure Electrique by Britney.

Your Age

This song started out kinda weird, didn't know what to think about it. But the turn it takes OMGGGGG. EEEEH-EEEEEEEYYYYY and the glitchy cut offs of her vocals. This is gonna be an EXPERIENCE live

Imagining

Again, this is such a bop??? Wasn't so sure about the autotune at first, but love it now! So glitchy, so boppy. It's reminding me of Brainwash by Simon Curtis, which is so weird cause I haven't listened to that song since my edgy coming-out phase 9 years ago

Frankenstein

I like how hard it goes, I like the melodies, dont like how short it is. Also, Rina girlie... Frankenstein made the monster. Frankenstein is not the monster  

Hurricanes

Mid-track imo. I like the verses and pre-chorus, but the chorus is kind of meh. It's not bad at all, though. And I already like it better than I did when it first leaked.

Send My Love to John

Kinda boring, not gonna lie.

Phantom

Also so so so relatable  Queen! It's giving early 2000s but also like it was taken straight out of a musical. Kind of like that lead single track from The Greatest Showman (don't remember the title)

To Be Alive

A very cute ballad with a terrible opening line. I'm willing to look over that one, though, cuz the song itself is very pretty.

Holy & the title track are probably my faves

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poltergeist

Okay, I've finally found everything and... HOLY. THE PRODUCTION OF THIS SONG, DAMN. I'm not sure about the order, but Hold The Girl, Frankenstein and Holy is the holy trinity. Definity my album of the year, I was excited for this album, and she's excedeed my expetations, I can see the Born This Way inspiration, and it's in the best possible way. Go Rina, Slay, become the MPG, you deserve this girl. I'm literally crying because of the emotions.

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

thatfoxyfeeling

I just booked tickets to see her next year when she comes down under, would really love to listen to the album if someone can slide… :enigma:

Poltergeist
2 minutes ago, Sherry said:

Holy sh**. Frankenstein is a banger :messga:

Preach! :vegas:

ShayCristoforo

I am so eager but I need to wait because I can tell how much work she put into this 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Poltergeist
3 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

I am so eager but I need to wait because I can tell how much work she put into this 

Have fun on your first listen, I'm sure you will! :kara: An album worth waiting for!

MaybeKermit

Is it as “Avant garde Pop” as Sawayama ? 

Judging by the singles I was so scared it would be a tacky early 2000s-inspired mess

Butters Stotch

Trying to wait for the official release but you are all making it very hard for meeeeee

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

I don’t usually order vinyls of albums I haven’t heard yet, but I pulled the trigger earlier this week and I’m so stoked based on the early reactions. Also ****ing loooooooove this alt cover.9451-B960-ACBF-43-DD-96-BE-5-FF4-EBC34-A

chun li

Yep, Frankestein was 100% written by Gaga. LG5 with Perfect Illusion was meant to be a rock/pop album. Nobody is going to be able to convince me otherwise after I heard that :whitney:

Sorcerer
4 hours ago, Funkymonkey said:

Is it as “Avant garde Pop” as Sawayama ? 

Judging by the singles I was so scared it would be a tacky early 2000s-inspired mess

The tracks from Holy (Track 6) to Frankenstein (Track 9) still have Rina's experimental grunge

It's more ballad-y than her previous works tho

RAMROD
10 hours ago, Stupid Oreo said:

they were selling the album here already this week😭

Is it the same Belgium record store again :enigma:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived