💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Thoughts on Eugenia Cooney? (TW)

VTV

Featured Posts

TW: (ed, ana)
If u didnt know who EC is, Eugenia Cooney is an internet personality known for her extremely slim body. She initially began livestreaming on broadcasting service YouNow, eventually creating her YouTube channel in 2011, which has garnered over 2 million subscribers. Known for her emo and gothic looks, Cooney's content mainly involves clothing hauls, beauty, cosplay and vlogs of her daily life. 

She also regularly livestreams on Twitch.

These are her recent YT uploads:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I have been following her recently and watches her streams and active reddit member. Aside from the obvious, I am deeply concerned about her relationship with her mom and how she keeps on flashing her undies. Her recent vid also involves accidental flashing of a store worker's chest while helping her but they didnt bother to edit it out of the vid until she's called out.

I wonder if shes too far gone or is there still hope for her?

What r ur thoughts about her?
(mods, if she's not allowed to be discussed on this site lmk and sorry in advanced)

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Night Vision

I think her situation is very sad and the hate she gets online is unwarranted considering she is clearly severely unwell

3 minutes ago, Night Vision said:

I think her situation is very sad and the hate she gets online is unwarranted considering she is clearly severely unwell

I sorta pin this on her mom for enabling her online behavior and infantilizing her considering her situation. I wonder if she's already in some form of conservatorship.

The Fame

This thread is the first I'm hearing of her. I didn't watch the videos linked but I saw the thumbnail image and she looks very unwell and extremely unhealthy. 

In regards to the question you asked, there is ALWAYS hope for eating disorder recovery.

LaLuna

I don't have any thoughts other than I hope she gets better. She needs to get away from her mom asap for that to happen.

It's really sad, and not only for her, but people watching her who use her as inspiration. I've heard a lot of talk about her mother possibly enabling, but I haven't watched enough to have my own opinion on that and I'm not familiar with all the legality of this kind of thing

As far as recovery, idk her situation doesn't seem going in that direction but hopefully something would change. Sadly even with recovery her body will be permanently severely damaged at this point :/

pink sushi

Tbh I am SHOCKED this woman is still alive. She is legit down to a skeleton and continues to lose weight each year. And it is flat out disturbing how she a famous and yet nobody has intervened!!! 

(it's my first post in this forum)

(it's going to be a long post)

2011. It was summer. I reached my lowest point in terms of anorexia nervosa. I was desperate because growing up and becoming a teen I realized I was gay (and also neurodivergent lmao) which made me feel an absolute pile of sh*t especially because of my parents being JWs and me being a perfectionist and wanting to please them as much as possible. I had to repress my newly discovered sexuality so I started starving myself so my hormones totally shut down, which was exactly what I wanted in order not to feel any libido. I was 5'7'' and I had reached 85 lbs. One day I passed out and I reopened my eyes into a hospital with a drip in my arm. I could feel the liquid going inside my veins and fill me with nutrients to the point I felt feverish and sweaty because my body was not accostumed to that. I had lost 75 lbs in a few months so obviously it was a shock physically. Mentally, I remember my parents being supposedly worried but silent and quiet as per usual, they had no clue what to do, it was also the same period when my younger sister was born because I had urged strongly the need to have a brother or sister (but the real reason was I wanted my parents to have a "second chance" because I felt like a "failed experiment" and I just wanted to disappear from their existence). I stayed in a lonely room for many days, maybe a week, my parents were visiting me like twice a day for a half hour. The rest of the day was pure staring at white walls in a deafening silence. Still today whenever I am left in a silent room I go in a sort of trance remembering the void of those days. I was alone with my demon and she started making me feel in pain because I was getting nutrients from the drip. I needed to stop in order to please her, because I thought she was giving me love and company, but she was just exploiting my soul to death. And still today I feel vulnerable and loveless whenever there's silence around me. I costantly need music. Before getting anorexic I never listened much to music. One day, maybe the fourth or fifth day, the doctor asked me if I was bored or if I needed something in particular. I thought maybe listening to some music was a good idea. I didn't even want to listen to music but I just wanted to make that doctor feel helpful. She turned on the radio and the first song I heard was The Edge of Glory. I listened in awe to the whole song in full and then I started crying. I think it was my first cry in years. I think something clicked deep inside me and I said to myself "I want to live" and after that I also said "I want music to shape my life". I had to fight mentally with my demon because she wanted to fight back my new desire to bring myself back to life. Whenever I was feeling in pain or under pressure from those last days of recovery, I would ask the doctor to play The Edge of Glory again. That song literally saved my life. After my recovery, I would have gone on to have a successful career both school-wise and work-wise. Born This Way was the first album I bought, I bonded so deeply in my heart with Lady Gaga and that album in particular that to this day I still consider objectively Born This Way and The Edge of Glory as the best album and best song I've ever heard in my whole life (and I think I've heard literally thousands and thousands of different songs and albums by different artists and genres since then). I came out as gay (but my parents literally didn't care, they were not mad, they were just slightly annoyed but pretty much indifferent about it) I left my parents' house at 18 and started building a career as a music producer and as a scientific researcher (I mean I've also done other things but no need to be narcissist in this sad post right now lol). Now I'm 23 and my parents come asking me for money when they need lmao but they are maybe starting to become a little more sensitive and less cold (better late than never?) I have come to a point where I think I'm finally learning to love myself which is something I would have never accomplished without the help of Gaga, and music in general. As humans we think we create art but I think we can't do that, we try to tend towards art as if art is an asymptote. Just as per religion and gods. I think, being neurodivergent, I just can't understand why humans need a "God" in their lives. It's not just about being atheist, it's just that I don't understand spirituality or the need to feel superior/inferior to someone else that supposedly is similar to us (I mean that's psychologically very similar to sexual roles dominance and submission imo, so it's a theme I find to be very fascinating when Gaga wrote about it in several songs). I think in my case art and science are my "religion" and I can't grasp the concept of something "superior" being humanoid in terms of consciousness and personality. I think it's an extremely anthropocentric habit that humans have, and I find it fascinating despite not understanding it.

Ok so back to Eugenia, I talked to her during her early days of youtube fame in a group chat. I remember she was smart and articulate, two adjectives you would NEVER use when describing her current way of talking and acting. I don't remember much but I was just trying to help her realizing she was becoming mentally ill, she didn't think she was ill and I still think she doesn't think that now either. She is not as conscious as most anorexic people are meaning most of them KNOW they are ill. I think she lives in a situation where her thinness is deeply connected to her business and she feels the pressure to stay thin in order to trigger people and anorexia fetishists, because as long as the shock value is kept she can keep making money and living in this bubble of childish cosplays and goth makeup. She definitely has a serious mental issue in terms of addiction, ADHD and potentially other things, but I'm not sure she really wants to be thin because she would hate getting fatter, it's just she would never do something that harms her business to the point she developed an obsessive disorder that's not related to starving in itself because of anorexia nervosa, at least not in the most common intimate mechanism. She's doing it publicly and she's also pushed by her disgusting mother who is exploiting her and making tons of money by keeping her as a child (she's almost 30 yo even though she looks and acts like half of her actual age). Eugenia is probably going to die very soon if someone doesn't take her away from her current situation, but maybe the mental issue has little to do with anorexia nervosa in the sense and form as most anorexic people live it and experience it as I did in my most lonely and darkest period.

Eugenia is not ill because of silence, she's ill because of too much noise.

Whether that makes sense.

Most fake friends and relatives she's been in contact have been exploiting her, it just seems like a no-win situation. Someone should just rescue her but she's untouchable in her own bubble. So maybe she's confused by the noise, but deep inside she might feel very lonely, meaningless, and loveless.

Before there was love there was silence.

Art and Science together are my only religion.

RAMROD

At this point, I am questioning if her fans, who would guilt trip people who try to talk sense, are actually do more harm than good at this point. If they are still providing protection to her or are they enabling her.  Especially after I saw the thumbnail video of that summer fashion. Like, no way anyone who are sane looking at it and thinking everything is ok. She need an intervention. 

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

StrawberryBlond

I remember seeing her years ago unaware that she was going to become this big sensation that she is now. Does anyone else remember that video of her twerking (but she was really just moving her back up and down) went viral and everyone was making fun of her for not having a clue? Well, all I could think of when I saw that video was how shockingly thin she was, anorexic thin. Yet, no one mentioned that in the comments. It was only when she blew up in the way she did later that I realised, hey, that's totally that super skinny girl in that twerking video. And my initial thoughts were right because she'd lost even more weight since I'd seen that clip. She's only got skinnier with time and is it right that she's been to an eating disorder clinic but got discharged and just went back to the way she was again? There's so much debate about if she should even by allowed on YouTube not just because of the message this sends to anorexics but also just for the sake of her physical and mental wellbeing. She should be in a clinic and not allowed out until she's a healthy weight and then kept under occasional supervision by support workers. I know that as an adult, she can choose not to but I believe interventions in cases like this are fine. People have been admitted to clinics who aren't as skinny as her. I just dread that one day we'll hear the inevitable news that we all saw coming. It's disturbing to watch this girl slowly ebbing away and no one's doing anything. How she's still alive, still able to be fully mobile and seem to be able to talk and think coherently with the extreme lack of nutrition she has is anyone's guess.

Also, how small can clothing sizes go in America? I have heard of size double zero and whatnot but what company is manufacturing clothes for adults in literal kids sizes? I don't know how she can find any clothes that fit when she's that skeletal, which says a lot about how companies know that there's a market for this and they want to make money even if it means they're selling to anorexics. Clothes just shouldn't be available below a certain size so it doesn't encourage dangerous levels of skinniness or else you won't have any clothes to wear. So many ways we could all play a part in helping these people but society keeps it turning and always when money is involved. It's so sad.

8 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I remember seeing her years ago unaware that she was going to become this big sensation that she is now. Does anyone else remember that video of her twerking (but she was really just moving her back up and down) went viral and everyone was making fun of her for not having a clue? Well, all I could think of when I saw that video was how shockingly thin she was, anorexic thin. Yet, no one mentioned that in the comments. It was only when she blew up in the way she did later that I realised, hey, that's totally that super skinny girl in that twerking video. And my initial thoughts were right because she'd lost even more weight since I'd seen that clip. She's only got skinnier with time and is it right that she's been to an eating disorder clinic but got discharged and just went back to the way she was again? There's so much debate about if she should even by allowed on YouTube not just because of the message this sends to anorexics but also just for the sake of her physical and mental wellbeing. She should be in a clinic and not allowed out until she's a healthy weight and then kept under occasional supervision by support workers. I know that as an adult, she can choose not to but I believe interventions in cases like this are fine. People have been admitted to clinics who aren't as skinny as her. I just dread that one day we'll hear the inevitable news that we all saw coming. It's disturbing to watch this girl slowly ebbing away and no one's doing anything. How she's still alive, still able to be fully mobile and seem to be able to talk and think coherently with the extreme lack of nutrition she has is anyone's guess.

Also, how small can clothing sizes go in America? I have heard of size double zero and whatnot but what company is manufacturing clothes for adults in literal kids sizes? I don't know how she can find any clothes that fit when she's that skeletal, which says a lot about how companies know that there's a market for this and they want to make money even if it means they're selling to anorexics. Clothes just shouldn't be available below a certain size so it doesn't encourage dangerous levels of skinniness or else you won't have any clothes to wear. So many ways we could all play a part in helping these people but society keeps it turning and always when money is involved. It's so sad.

she buys kids clothes indeed. She uploaded quite recently a vlog of her shopping in a Kenzo store and when she mentioned its price I was like "lol this is the version for kids of the item which comes at about half the price as the adult one". And still it was baggy on her.

Art and Science together are my only religion.

Oh goodness, I have been "following" Eugenia Cooney for years, probably since 2014 or so. Everything about her situation has baffled me and makes myself and so many others feel hopeless. We are essentially watching someone die, but have no ability to get her help. I was so happy for her after she went to get treatment, but ever since she completely relapsed, I stopped giving her views. I know she must be in a horrible situation, and I do believe in the theories about her mom and the controlling environment she must be in. I check in every few weeks to see if anything has happened to her, which sounds awful. I don't know what needs to happen for her to get help. After all she was already 5150'd and we saw how that turned out...

4 hours ago, DNYX said:

Someone should just rescue her but she's untouchable in her own bubble. 

That is the problem, she had people who cared for her and got her help, but she and her mom refused. Basically a few years back in 2019 I believe she finally got treatment, and it came out that a group of her friends staged an intervention with her and got her 5150'd. This is a California law that basically allows people to hold someone against their will if they think they are a harm to themselves. During this time Eugenia was evaluated, and that is when she was sent to a treatment program. The issue was, during the entire process both Eugenia and even her mom were furious at the friends and completely cut them off. I understand Eugenia is mental unwell so that makes sense for her to be angry. However, Eugenia's mom, the one who should be grateful her daughter is getting help, completely freaked out on the friends. There was an entire video made about this which I will post below, but it is the sad truth that Eugenia is so mentally ill that she refuses help, and her mom is so horrible and toxic that she doesn't seem to want her daughter to get help. 

Computer

She's obviously really sick and belongs in a Britney conservatorship, hopefully its set up as soon as possible 🙏 

💚💛💕❣⭕💱💱 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡ⓹ Â©â“—â“Ąâ“˜â“ąâ“Łâ“œâ“â“ą

6 hours ago, DNYX said:

(it's my first post in this forum)

(it's going to be a long post)

2011. It was summer. I reached my lowest point in terms of anorexia nervosa. I was desperate because growing up and becoming a teen I realized I was gay (and also neurodivergent lmao) which made me feel an absolute pile of sh*t especially because of my parents being JWs and me being a perfectionist and wanting to please them as much as possible. I had to repress my newly discovered sexuality so I started starving myself so my hormones totally shut down, which was exactly what I wanted in order not to feel any libido. I was 5'7'' and I had reached 85 lbs. One day I passed out and I reopened my eyes into a hospital with a drip in my arm. I could feel the liquid going inside my veins and fill me with nutrients to the point I felt feverish and sweaty because my body was not accostumed to that. I had lost 75 lbs in a few months so obviously it was a shock physically. Mentally, I remember my parents being supposedly worried but silent and quiet as per usual, they had no clue what to do, it was also the same period when my younger sister was born because I had urged strongly the need to have a brother or sister (but the real reason was I wanted my parents to have a "second chance" because I felt like a "failed experiment" and I just wanted to disappear from their existence). I stayed in a lonely room for many days, maybe a week, my parents were visiting me like twice a day for a half hour. The rest of the day was pure staring at white walls in a deafening silence. Still today whenever I am left in a silent room I go in a sort of trance remembering the void of those days. I was alone with my demon and she started making me feel in pain because I was getting nutrients from the drip. I needed to stop in order to please her, because I thought she was giving me love and company, but she was just exploiting my soul to death. And still today I feel vulnerable and loveless whenever there's silence around me. I costantly need music. Before getting anorexic I never listened much to music. One day, maybe the fourth or fifth day, the doctor asked me if I was bored or if I needed something in particular. I thought maybe listening to some music was a good idea. I didn't even want to listen to music but I just wanted to make that doctor feel helpful. She turned on the radio and the first song I heard was The Edge of Glory. I listened in awe to the whole song in full and then I started crying. I think it was my first cry in years. I think something clicked deep inside me and I said to myself "I want to live" and after that I also said "I want music to shape my life". I had to fight mentally with my demon because she wanted to fight back my new desire to bring myself back to life. Whenever I was feeling in pain or under pressure from those last days of recovery, I would ask the doctor to play The Edge of Glory again. That song literally saved my life. After my recovery, I would have gone on to have a successful career both school-wise and work-wise. Born This Way was the first album I bought, I bonded so deeply in my heart with Lady Gaga and that album in particular that to this day I still consider objectively Born This Way and The Edge of Glory as the best album and best song I've ever heard in my whole life (and I think I've heard literally thousands and thousands of different songs and albums by different artists and genres since then). I came out as gay (but my parents literally didn't care, they were not mad, they were just slightly annoyed but pretty much indifferent about it) I left my parents' house at 18 and started building a career as a music producer and as a scientific researcher (I mean I've also done other things but no need to be narcissist in this sad post right now lol). Now I'm 23 and my parents come asking me for money when they need lmao but they are maybe starting to become a little more sensitive and less cold (better late than never?) I have come to a point where I think I'm finally learning to love myself which is something I would have never accomplished without the help of Gaga, and music in general. As humans we think we create art but I think we can't do that, we try to tend towards art as if art is an asymptote. Just as per religion and gods. I think, being neurodivergent, I just can't understand why humans need a "God" in their lives. It's not just about being atheist, it's just that I don't understand spirituality or the need to feel superior/inferior to someone else that supposedly is similar to us (I mean that's psychologically very similar to sexual roles dominance and submission imo, so it's a theme I find to be very fascinating when Gaga wrote about it in several songs). I think in my case art and science are my "religion" and I can't grasp the concept of something "superior" being humanoid in terms of consciousness and personality. I think it's an extremely anthropocentric habit that humans have, and I find it fascinating despite not understanding it.

Ok so back to Eugenia, I talked to her during her early days of youtube fame in a group chat. I remember she was smart and articulate, two adjectives you would NEVER use when describing her current way of talking and acting. I don't remember much but I was just trying to help her realizing she was becoming mentally ill, she didn't think she was ill and I still think she doesn't think that now either. She is not as conscious as most anorexic people are meaning most of them KNOW they are ill. I think she lives in a situation where her thinness is deeply connected to her business and she feels the pressure to stay thin in order to trigger people and anorexia fetishists, because as long as the shock value is kept she can keep making money and living in this bubble of childish cosplays and goth makeup. She definitely has a serious mental issue in terms of addiction, ADHD and potentially other things, but I'm not sure she really wants to be thin because she would hate getting fatter, it's just she would never do something that harms her business to the point she developed an obsessive disorder that's not related to starving in itself because of anorexia nervosa, at least not in the most common intimate mechanism. She's doing it publicly and she's also pushed by her disgusting mother who is exploiting her and making tons of money by keeping her as a child (she's almost 30 yo even though she looks and acts like half of her actual age). Eugenia is probably going to die very soon if someone doesn't take her away from her current situation, but maybe the mental issue has little to do with anorexia nervosa in the sense and form as most anorexic people live it and experience it as I did in my most lonely and darkest period.

Eugenia is not ill because of silence, she's ill because of too much noise.

Whether that makes sense.

Most fake friends and relatives she's been in contact have been exploiting her, it just seems like a no-win situation. Someone should just rescue her but she's untouchable in her own bubble. So maybe she's confused by the noise, but deep inside she might feel very lonely, meaningless, and loveless.

Before there was love there was silence.

Wow thank you fir sharing your story with us and i am genuinely happy for you and where you are rn :hug: BTW is literally a life saver.

I agree with ur sentiments regarding EC. If only she was guided and grounded at an early age, she wouldnt have come to this stage. Her decline is really scary. 

Archived