Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who's your favorite living female vocalist ?

Lukas96

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
On 8/28/2022 at 9:20 PM, Lukas96 said:

Pretty much what the title says, from a vocal point of view, who's your favorite female singer ? any genre or language.

For me : Floor Jansen. Operatic/ classical singing ? Yes. Belting ? HELL YEAH. Distortion, growls, death growls and harsh vocals in general ? Well that too. Everything in a single song ? I'm glad you asked:

and all that while keeping her voice in pristine conditions into her 40s after a 25 years long career in metal.

Also, she has the best cover of Shallow imo:

Yasss

Chills, everytime

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
On 8/29/2022 at 12:40 PM, Ronk said:

I know nothing about Anette Olzon.  Was she great, like Tarja and Floor?  It must have been an amazing experience to actually meet Nightwish.  I purchased a m&g with them but then couldn't go.  Would have asked for a photo with Floor.  I hope you have an opportunity to get one.

Dont look for anette's ghost love score live version on youtube. Save yourself

ChicaSkas

Sarah Brightman 

Stevie Nicks

LADY GAGA of course 

Gwen Stefani

Celine Dion

Probably Stevie over all of them but there are so many. Also Haim

Also Kate Bush. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

2 hours ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

that ending :laughga:

2 hours ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

You knew I had to watch that after your post.  I see what you mean.  Tarja and Floor are so much better.  It's even hard to call Anette's version metal.  More like pop.  Even the band seemed uninspired, imo, which is surprising for Nightwish.

@LaLuna Did you enjoy the concerts with Anette?  Sometimes the aura of the live experience means everything and the singers know how to slay the audience.

I live outside the space time continuum.

3 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

Sarah Brightman 

Stevie Nicks

LADY GAGA of course 

Gwen Stefani

Celine Dion

Probably Stevie over all of them but there are so many. Also Haim

Also Kate Bush. 

Wow, such a great list, including some living legends.  Gaga, Stevie, Celine, and Kate are all-time faves of mine. :heart:

LaLuna
50 minutes ago, Ronk said:

You knew I had to watch that after your post.  I see what you mean.  Tarja and Floor are so much better.  It's even hard to call Anette's version metal.  More like pop.  Even the band seemed uninspired, imo, which is surprising for Nightwish.

@LaLuna Did you enjoy the concerts with Anette?  Sometimes the aura of the live experience means everything and the singers know how to slay the audience.

I did, but then it's probably only because it was Nightwish and they sounded great, but I think I was just happy to see them live and I loved Dark Passion Play. I don't remember much of it though, this was back in 2007 :laughga: In retrospect though, Anette was definitely not the right fit for Nightwish. Floor is SO much better.

Rj Barker

Oh it has to be Cher, just the sound of her voice gives me chills, she could sing the ingredients list off the back of a shower bottle to me and I'd still be mesmerised. Incredible. She will always be my number 1.

21 minutes ago, Rj Barker said:

Oh it has to be Cher, just the sound of her voice gives me chills, she could sing the ingredients list off the back of a shower bottle to me and I'd still be mesmerised. Incredible. She will always be my number 1.

Cher is still so amazing.  I saw her in December 2019 and she said "See you at my next farewell tour".   I hope it happens.  My experience at that concert:

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
On 8/30/2022 at 6:02 PM, Lukas96 said:

that ending :laughga:

That thing she does with her voice to sound like an ambulance? Or just letting the backtrack play alone? 

holy scheisse

Honestly tbmfh??? Ariana grande. She has the most pleasant voice my ears have been blessed to hear. Always a delight 

Archived