Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rita Ora wore beads older than she thinks anyone on the planet is

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

This year, Rita Ora was celebrating her 10th appearance at the Met Gala.

The “Praising You” singer stayed true to the dress code, “The Garden of Time”, and wore a custom outfit by Marni featuring a nude bodysuit with a gorgeous beaded centrepiece that went down to her feet.

During the Vogue livestream of the gala, Ora said the beads, shimmering in shades of turquoise, black, white, brown, pink and yellow, were from the first and second century BC, making them “older than anyone on this planet”.

“We really wanted to take fashion for me with the theme and just sort of a timeless beauty. So all these beads really age back to the first and second century BC. I mean some, I think, are older than anyone on this planet,” she said, adding that the beads were sourced from North Africa and Europe.

“It is composed of one of a kind antique glass beads from all over the world, highlighting one of humankind’s most ancient crafted objects and paired together with antique handmade glass beads from Murano ranging between the 40s all through to the 70s,” she said.

“It has been constructed as if all the vertical beads have been weaved together to make an intricate pattern play between colour and texture. The verticality of the dress elongates the silhouette, and the slight tension around the waist exhale the curves of the body further.”

source

663a2fe710dfcda409676940441445609_833591362142554_26245650290976441462853_833591435475880_51127806838411442422637_833591455475878_75731790464201

Reactions to her dress on social media ranged from memes to saying her look “ate”.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • YAAAS 1

bionic
Posted (edited)

beads so ancient fashion hadn't been invented. the dress is ugly

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • LMAO 8

weed
Posted (edited)

I zoomed in and one of the beads is literally the Minions head, so unfortunately I cannot stan!

but I am obsessed with her wearing 2000 year old beads, love that. Love history and artifacts 

Edited by weed
  • LMAO 1

Nemo
19 minutes ago, weed said:

I zoomed in and one of the beads is literally the Minions head, so unfortunately I cannot stan!

Where is that?

weed
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Where is that?

GNAW1PlW8AAwcUU?format=png&name=small

Edited by weed
I deleted my twitter upload and the pic disappeared lol so reposted
  • LMAO 13

Rat Boy
1 hour ago, weed said:

but I am obsessed with her wearing 2000 year old beads, love that. Love history and artifacts 

Wow minions were around 1st/2nd century BC?? :stupidoreo:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

weed
5 minutes ago, Rat Boy said:

Wow minions were around 1st/2nd century BC?? :stupidoreo:

Yes girl clearly every single bead in the dress is 2000+ years old! :laughga:

• LMAO 1

StrawberryBlond
Posted (edited)

This sounds like the most convoluted way of saying "I just wanted to look hot so threw a thin piece of fabric over me that didn't cover the entirety of my body which I covered with a nude body stocking to make me look like I was naked." The explanation behind attention-seeking fashion to make it sound deep and profound is just :smh: We can barely see those beads or know the story. If we can't clearly see how you express the theme then you're not on theme. 

Edited by StrawberryBlond

moonsago

The dress is ugly, but the beads are really beautiful and I find it fascinating that they are allegedly so old... humans are incredible

vanus

Her only job nowdays is being a red carpet atendee nobody cares about, there has to be some albanian mafia going on or something bcs who is inviting her and for what reason

imma cut a bitch