đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who's your favorite living female vocalist ?

Lukas96

Featured Posts

Pretty much what the title says, from a vocal point of view, who's your favorite female singer ? any genre or language.

For me : Floor Jansen. Operatic/ classical singing ? Yes. Belting ? HELL YEAH. Distortion, growls, death growls and harsh vocals in general ? Well that too. Everything in a single song ? I'm glad you asked:

and all that while keeping her voice in pristine conditions into her 40s after a 25 years long career in metal.

Also, she has the best cover of Shallow imo:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Controversiaga

Patti lupone

bernadette peters

lady gaga

patti LABELLE 

CHAKA KHAN

it is an absolute tragedy that Whitney is not alive.

Anne Wilson from HEART
celine Dione 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

LaLuna
51 minutes ago, Lukas96 said:

Pretty much what the title says, from a vocal point of view, who's your favorite female singer ? any genre or language.

For me : Floor Jansen. Operatic/ classical singing ? Yes. Belting ? HELL YEAH. Distortion, growls, death growls and harsh vocals in general ? Well that too. Everything in a single song ? I'm glad you asked:

and all that while keeping her voice in pristine conditions into her 40s after a 25 years long career in metal.

Also, she has the best cover of Shallow imo:

As a Nightwish fan, I agree with this. Although I have to say I became a fan around the time of Once so I have a slight preference for Tarja Turunen, but that's just me being biased. Floor is an AMAZING vocalist though, and I hope the band keeps her (seeing as they have a tendancy to kick out their female singers).

I guess for me it would be Gaga and I can't think of anyone else of the top of my head, most of my favorite female singers are long gone, like Janis and Amy Winehouse.

Floor Jansen is really amazing:

I love Gaga for her versatility and how she excels at so many genres.

Ariana is such a talented singer.

So those are my top three.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Rahrahbitchson

Mariah is the only correct answer, she is unmatched 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

13 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

As a Nightwish fan, I agree with this. Although I have to say I became a fan around the time of Once so I have a slight preference for Tarja Turunen, but that's just me being biased. Floor is an AMAZING vocalist though, and I hope the band keeps her (seeing as they have a tendancy to kick out their female singers).

I guess for me it would be Gaga and I can't think of anyone else of the top of my head, most of my favorite female singers are long gone, like Janis and Amy Winehouse.

I loveeeee Tarja, she's one of my top favorite singers, but Floor's versatility is unmatched

11 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

I also had a preference for Tarja at one time.  Still love her singing.  And Janis, omg, one of my favorite singers ever.

Had tickets for Nightwish in two different years but the first I missed due to illness and the second was cancelled due to covid.  I hope Floor is with them when I finally manage to see them.

LaLuna
5 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I also had a preference for Tarja at one time.  Still love her singing.  And Janis, omg, one of my favorite singers ever.

Had tickets for Nightwish in two different years but the first I missed due to illness and the second was cancelled due to covid.  I hope Floor is with them when I finally manage to see them.

I saw Nightwish live and met them twice but it was back when the lead singer was Anette Olzon. I also saw Tarja during the My Winter Storm tour back in 2009 (I think). I'm hoping to see Nightwish again with Floor eventually.

15 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

I saw Nightwish live and met them twice but it was back when the lead singer was Anette Olzon. I also saw Tarja during the My Winter Storm tour back in 2009 (I think). I'm hoping to see Nightwish again with Floor eventually.

Glad you had those experiences.  Any photo to share?

Archived