Are you excited for tonight?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for tonight?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Controversiaga

Are you excited for the VMAs tonight?

truthfully, I didn’t even know they were happening until last night.

I’m in my late 20s , so maybe it’s also an age thing, but I just feel like it was so much more influential 10-20 years ago…

Is it just me? Lol. This is not meant to be a negativity thread or a bash the VMAs thread, but just a discussion on the hype or impact 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sepsami

No it definitely was a big thing a decade ago, numbers also reflect that. I still enjoy watching some of the performances, just not the whole show :vegas:

Controversiaga
Just now, Sepsami said:

No it definitely was a big thing a decade ago, numbers also reflect that. I still enjoy watching some of the performances, just not the whole show :vegas:

It’s tough w the numbers because of the decline in cable television, but even still…

I feel like it use to be as big as the Grammys, but now it feels like kids choice awards 

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich

I heard BP is performing. But I can watch it later on youtube so. Im not watching the show 🤧

Anderson123

Hmm I don't think I've seen that many VMA shows after Gaga winning Bad Romance. I catched the next one when she performed You and I and a couple of years later with Applause. Then the pandemic one was cool but kinda depressing. I don't think it's worth sitting the 3 hours when you can just watch the performances on YouTube right away.

This  year also seems like Nicki is presenting and getting the MJ Vanguard Award and I can't stand her so. :yennefer:

Jewels n Drugs

only excited for Nicki, Why tf isnt Beyonce performing :air:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Controversiaga
1 minute ago, Jewels n Drugs said:

Yes I was wondering why Beyoncé isn’t there but then again ,,,,, VMAs is giving kids choice awards 2.0 

Jewels n Drugs
4 minutes ago, RihBeyGa said:

Yes I was wondering why Beyoncé isn’t there but then again ,,,,, VMAs is giving kids choice awards 2.0 

thats facts but Bey better PERFORM at the Grammys 

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

shelby loved

Not really. I'm debating whether I should watch Big Brother first or watch the VMAs live.

🐚

Monstermilo

i cant at the vmas rewarding nicki that award when her visuals have never been that appealing 

i cant name one video of hers that makes her deserving of that award

35 minutes ago, RihBeyGa said:

I’m in my late 20s , so maybe it’s also an age thing, but I just feel like it was so much more influential 10-20 years ago…

Is it just me? Lol. This is not meant to be a negativity thread or a bash the VMAs thread, but just a discussion on the hype or impact 

I am in my late 30s and I probably stopped watching them in the early 2000s lol. Even when Gaga was on them, I just watched her when they posted the videos later.

Controversiaga
9 minutes ago, beli8 said:

I am in my late 30s and I probably stopped watching them in the early 2000s lol. Even when Gaga was on them, I just watched her when they posted the videos later.

Ugh it must’ve been such a big deal and a moment back in the 90s :shocked:

Jester
1 hour ago, Jewels n Drugs said:

She's on vacation in Croatia just weeks after dropping the album :rip:

Archived