Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you miss Rihanna?

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Rahrahbitchson

But lets get one thing str8, all the people saying no including me will be the first people streaming ha new song :koons::sis: lets be honest

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

RudraCNG

I mean, ANTI was her best album so yes, I miss her, but she clearly doesn't want to be a singer anymore and in certain way it would be even weird if she released an album nowadays.

Magneto

Actually no. I used to love her and saw her last 4 tours. Super charismatic on stage and an amazing performer. 

Later when I found out she barely had any writing credits on her magmum opsus ANTi and even less on her previous work I was so disappointed and started to see her whole career a little differently over the years. I feel like the industry wasn't for her so she just played the game as industry plant, said yes to everything and just rushed her albums just to get out of the contract. 

Her getting big with Fenty was her perfect way out. Now she makes so much more money then all the other girlies without the hassle of touring etc. I don't blame her for choosing this path and honestly think she should just stick to it

Free my mind

GagasLeftFoot

At this point, I don't care. If she released, I'd listen of course but I feel like many people might get disappointed. Especially when the album is supposed to be Reggae and it's not what people are expecting from her. All this absence made her a mystery and made everybody keep talking about the album. But I'm afraid she won't be able to fulfill these expectations.

the last thing the world needs is another feet lover, but that's TOO BAD

Smother Em Eh

Yes I’ve always loved Rihanna she’s one of my favs. I’ve really been listening to her a lot lately the past 6 months and have really enjoyed her work. Also I miss her live performances and her music. She has some fantastic eras and I think she would rock the industry when she releases her next single and album! 

Come back Riri, we miss you! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Yaaaas Gaga

I miss 2016 to 2012 Rihanna but Anti did not do it for me. I would say with a great deal of confidence that when Rihanna does eventually release new music it won't be the commercial R&B/pop that spawned the majority of her hits but instead a more experimental piece of work, which I have no issue with but I just don't see it being to my taste. Regardless I see any new releases being a success due to the lengthy hiatus she has taken.

No, she annoyed me a lot, always on radio, and the songs annoyed me, I was pleased when she stepped down, and i feel great ever since

Space Cowboy

Both yes and no. I just hope for her fans that her new music is worth the waiting..

StrawberryBlond

Yes and no. She was fine in the beginning, then became too overexposed and her music just got a bit too successful for the quality level and her attitude became insufferable. I was glad when she took that big break between Unapologetic and Anti to give us all some respite and then when she disappeared after that, it was a relief to not see her name constantly in the charts. So, to get to a point where even I miss her shows you how much she made an impact. But at the same time, her music was decent but ultimately not all that. And she sure wasn't the creator behind the majority of it. She always stood out in this modern era of female singers who write all their own material. An artist like her harks back to the old way when singers got their material written for them and maybe because of that, she didn't feel connected enough to the music she made, so she didn't feel the need to keep on doing this when her make up line took off. But if she truly never wants to come back, she should make it clear, instead of occasionally teasing fans with music she won't release. I remember when an executive officially said in 2019 that her album was coming out next year. And I think in 2021 she said that music is coming sooner than you think. She even once said that music was still her first love. Just...why?

It's weird that she would stick with make up after music gave her so much fame, success and money which she must have enjoyed and she wouldn't have the make up if she didn't have that. I'm also fascinated as to how much she really is involved in all this and how make up alone can take up all her time all these years. She can say that she has a baby to look after now but what was her excuse in the previous 5 years when she was child-free? I mean, we've seen all these other celebrities conduct a make up line while still releasing music and starring in movies so it makes Rihanna stand out like, why can't she do the same? Maybe it's just all about money for her. Make up makes more money, so that's where she'll stay. It's brave of her to think she can maintain fan interest in all this time, though, for sales of her make up if nothing else. If Gaga devoted herself completely to Haus Labs for the next 7 years, I sure as hell wouldn't be buying any of it. Why would I support my fave singer if they were no longer making music? I don't know why everyone's still thinking that if she came back, she'd be a huge success either. A break of this length rarely achieves good results at the end. Justin Timberlake made a successful comeback after a 7 year break but he's a man, they always succeed better at these things and not all the songs from that 2 part project were successful. And his next album, well...

On 8/24/2022 at 8:06 PM, Magneto said:

Later when I found out she barely had any writing credits on her magmum opsus ANTi and even less on her previous work I was so disappointed and started to see her whole career a little differently over the years. I feel like the industry wasn't for her so she just played the game as industry plant, said yes to everything and just rushed her albums just to get out of the contract.

I thought she had credits on every song on Anti apart from that Tame Impala cover song? Not saying she was the driving force behind all of it but I thought this was the only album where she was completely involved throughout? But I agree that maybe there was more than just label pressure on her to make albums as frequently as she did. The sudden retreat from all of that the second Fenty Beauty took off is proof that she was ready to jump on the next successful non-music related thing she could get for whatever reason. I always put Rihanna down as someone who would want to make successful music and would keep going in the hopes of breaking the amount of #1's than Madonna and Mariah have, try to be the biggest female artist of all time. I seem to have her wrong all this time.

Archived