❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
celeb

Harry Styles on his sexuality

Teletubby

Featured Posts

FrederickSpears

Although I did hear rumors he slept with some guy DJ years ago. So maybe he is bi or just experimenting :selena:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewUsername
On 8/22/2022 at 2:24 PM, Teletubby said:

Rolling-Stone-Harry-Styles-Cover-Story-2Rolling-Stone-Harry-Styles-Cover-Story-2Faw5WK6UsAATnok?format=jpg&name=large

These three are so good!

On 8/22/2022 at 2:58 PM, codymonster said:

I’d actually disagree. I think this is clearly a sign that the world needs to wake up and stop associating mannerisms/clothing/hobbies, with sexuality. He makes a point to AVOID talking about his sexuality, but because he dresses flamboyantly, all everyone can talk about his him being bisexual. 
Same with Shawn Mendez. He clearly HATES talking about his sexuality, but is said to be gay based on his mannerisms.

If anything, I applaud Harry for not discussing his sexuality. If he wants to dress flamboyantly,  let him do it. The world needs more straight people who feel comfortable exploring their likes/dislikes, and not feeling like they will be labelled something every time they step outside their gender norm.

I do get what people are saying, but if we want to stomp out toxic masculinity, let’s stop calling people gay whenever someone tries to explore themselves and step outside the male norm.

yes.

On 8/22/2022 at 3:15 PM, MelbHawker said:

He doesn’t owe anyone the truth about his sexuality. It’s his business at the end of the day. :shrug:

Exactly, let him be

But:

On 8/22/2022 at 3:56 PM, Benji said:

Because gay rights are constantly under threat.  The United States Supreme Court would love nothing more than to tear up all of the equality that has been fought for over decades.  Things aren’t much better across the pond, crazy right wingers baiting their gammon fanbase with wanting to tear up equality laws and human rights.

It pisses us off because it you truly are a gay/queer man, stand up and be counted or AT LEAST do not bang this “your identity doesn’t matter” drum.  Your identity absolutely does matter when it is under threat.

I understand this as well. It is indeed important and if you can use your platform, it's a good thing to do it. BUT, this is when you feel comfortable doing so. IF he identifies as not-straight, it doesn't automatically mean that pressure should be put on him.

On 8/22/2022 at 4:14 PM, Nycboy said:

My issue is that Harry never gives a strong enough reason for being so wishy washy on the subject.

You value privacy? Great. But that’s not a strong enough reason. Sorry, but every celebrity values privacy. And if that is your reason, i’d expect you to more globally address similar issues, like paparazzi, media, stalking, etc. (aka the price of fame).

I would love to ask Harry: What is so inherently BAD about discussing sexuality? I’d appreciate him way more if he addressed the criticism directly and offered his argument as to why it’s important for him to stay quiet on the subject. HELP ME UNDERSTAND YOU HARRY. We live in an age of sex positivity. Dismissing sex as a topic simply because it’s sex sounds…puritanical.

Until then, I can’t help but think that he’s playing a dangerous game. All types of sexualities exist and representation of them is important. I think that’s why so many of us are devoted to Gaga… because she spoke openly about LGBT issues and offered us representation at a time when we couldn’t find it elsewhere. Even a vague answer like “I’m still figuring it out” or “I don’t consider gender when I fall in love” would offer tons of visibility. What he’s doing now is like saying “I don’t see color” on race issues.

And after all of this media circus, if he is straight I will feel like he used my community. However, if he comes out as straight but talks about how straight guys can be femme or queer, I would respect that. 

Hmm, I think I understand what you mean, but someone not wanting to discuss something doesn't necessarily mean they think it's bad to discuss it.

On 8/22/2022 at 4:16 PM, SpadesToStart said:

My take is that if you are a mega-star and identify as queer in some capacity, you owe it to the community to be somewhat open about it. 
We don’t live in a post-sexuality world. Representation is important, and there are still so many people who aren’t able to live their truth.

See above, I'd say "owe" is a big word. It can definitely have a positive effect, but.

On 8/22/2022 at 4:28 PM, Nycboy said:

I agree! to me, being gay is inherently about sex. It’s a SEXuality. I know i’m gay because I like to have sex with men, and that is the only reason. lol. 

'being gay is inherently about sex' is not correct. You talk about only sexual attraction, when it's also romantic attraction. But if for YOU it's only sexual attraction, you do you :vegas:  

impeach92

I don’t give a flying **** about his sexuality but the queer baiting is ehh. Also like another white, cis man puts on a dress and it’s groundbreaking. Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF by MOODMAN

Archived