Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Original Chromatica Ball theme

The BPD Monster

Featured Posts

zerojk
23 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I feel like that aesthetic you're talking about ONLY exists in the Stupid Love video. The actual album art really matches The Chromatica Ball:

EZCeQ2OU8AAA-7-.jpg

019227356943192c25b462f754a9deff.jpg

e6bcc4ce58665a3aa515e66b27114aec.jpg

lalalandgroup-73526-w1500-h1000-q90-rz3-b75.jpg

Even the album cover is brutalist + HR Giger:

LG6_COVER_DIGITAL2%202.jpg

Exactly, fans always forget the artstyle that the album itself expresses and always think of "stupid love" aesthetic when they think of chromatica for some reason

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roughhouse Dandy
36 minutes ago, chun li said:

Maybe she's saving it for Enigma 2.0?

Exactly what I'm thinking (and hoping)

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Neroneau

It’s cute we get to see the original ideas but I can’t complain or wish for a better concert. The current stage relied completely on a good camera crew and the imagery given with the interludes - which were amazing; it set up the show in segments perfectly. The camera crew are excellent. And of course, they’re filming Gaga for the spectator to see. The stage is 95% Gaga herself in person. I understand relying on the screens show casting herself is risky but ONLY if she happens to not be the spectacular performer that Gaga is. Gaga DELIVERED, DUG THE HOLE AND MADE A WELL. 
another stage would have taken attention away from her

AnglerfishbraBENUS
51 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

Honestly, I wish so badly she could go back and retool Chromatica's visuals. An emotionally bare, sparse aesthetic with the theme of confessional lyrics over dance beats is such a great way to progress lyrically while still delivering the sonic profile fans wanted. The 911 video and Chromatica Ball feel taken from a different Chromatica altogether. The whole hot pink sci-fi alien planet concept was a rehash and a regressive approach instead of pushing her to the next level she's at now. Imagine if Chromatica launched now with the 911 video first. The narrative would have been "Gaga's back on her art ****" and not the bland BTW redux that Stupid Love ushered in. 

i definitely didn’t know how to say this - thank you. i think with the narrative of ‘becoming Gaga again’ - i don’t think she knew what she could be in 2019/2020, i don’t think she was comfortable yet or remembered. Now she is indeed at 100% and basically picking up where she left off in 2013. Able to shape shift with no public scrutiny or doubt that it will somehow work and basically do whatever she wants

Cameltoe Chariot
14 minutes ago, zerojk said:

Exactly, fans always forget the artstyle that the album itself expresses and always think of "stupid love" aesthetic when they think of chromatica for some reason

It drives me insane how fans seem to forget the incredible album imagery.. she's literally got a claw hand with wet hair and a stitched latex dress on :cryga:

I remember seeing the TCB stage for the first time and immediately thinking "holy f*ck she's gone back to the original album visuals!" and then seeing everyone complain that it wasn't giving neon pink power rangers... :triggered:

M i K E Y

Some of you really want her to stun in a pink wtf-outfit. Lol she’s way further than that, it’s not 2010 anymore. 
I think the Chromatica Ball is a stunning story telling show bringing the album and it’s meaning to the audience. From darkness to light.  

HeavyMetal Halcyon
16 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

It drives me insane how fans seem to forget the incredible album imagery.. she's literally got a claw hand with wet hair and a stitched latex dress on :cryga:

I remember seeing the TCB stage for the first time and immediately thinking "holy f*ck she's gone back to the original album visuals!" and then seeing everyone complain that it wasn't giving neon pink power rangers... :triggered:

Okay, besides Stupid Love we have Rain On Me, which is Pink and Purple. Then we have the Free Woman remix cover which is bright yellow. Then we have 911 in which she wears color-themed outfits for pink, red, yellow, blue, and green, which represent the colorful tribes from Stupid Love. 

The album artwork and imagery is not blank concrete either. 

In almost every interview pre-album she talks about color, and nature. 

In the album promo poster she states "why operate on a rudimentary level where we square things off into different colors" referring to stupid love. 

Soooooooo idk? Maybe the theme of the album was..... color?

Also, idk why you're getting so worked up over it. No one is saying that TCB stage or theme is bad, we just mentioned how it COULD have looked in 2020. Chill gurl 

Benji

The stage we have is incredible.  I don’t think you can appreciate just how impactful it is until you’ve seen it in person.  It’s like every act it’s changing but it’s just screens framing the stage, it’s impressive.

I don’t think she needs a tonne of tacky plastic trees or whatever to make a statement, the old theme sounds interesting but I have faith she made the right call changing it.

Benji
4 minutes ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

Okay, besides Stupid Love we have Rain On Me, which is Pink and Purple. Then we have the Free Woman remix cover which is bright yellow. Then we have 911 in which she wears color-themed outfits for pink, red, yellow, blue, and green, which represent the colorful tribes from Stupid Love. 

In the album promo poster she states "why operate on a rudimentary level where we square things off into different colors" referring to stupid love. 

Also, idk why you're getting so worked up over it. No one is saying that TCB stage or theme is bad, we just mentioned how it COULD have looked in 2020. Chill gurl 

All of the promo images with text and the Free Woman cover etc are references to UK/European rave culture.  You’ll find a tonne of posters that look similar stuck everywhere in European cities.  The rave scene, is also very “brutalist” as they tend to take place in ex-warehouses and huge nightclubs.  I always got the CTB theme throughout the whole Chromatica era, it’s closer to what the album seems to be about rather than bright neon colours… but then that’s the difference between the European and American rave scenes.

TortureMeOnReplay
56 minutes ago, alecks said:

I fully agree across the board. While I enjoyed the show, it felt a bit rushed. From the lack of merch options, to the extremely bare B stage, to the out of place bug outfit. 
Visually it does not complement the album at all, and even the name Chromatica implies color rather than the minimal color pallet we ended up with, which is more BTW. 

This feels more like a legacy show like Enigma with greatest hits plus some new tracks. IMO this would be a good setup for Vegas and the original theme should have been the actual tour. It just seems so disconnected from both the album and remix album. Also the lack of special guests while having multiple collabs on the album is a total missed opportunity and 100% doable for someone if her caliber. BLACKPINK would most likely jump at the chance to perform on stage with her. 

13 minutes ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

We're all gonna have our own interpretations of art because that's the whole point. But from Gaga's perspective, color was only part of it imo. The whole idea is putting a pretty little bow on something devastating and sad, something that's evident with the dark lyrics on a upbeat track. She promoted color through visuals and promotional material, but you get to see it live and up close and it's something derived of color. Something grim and dark. And to me that perfectly encapsulates Gaga. If she just showed a colorful narrative through the entire era she would be performing a disservice to the underlying meaning of the album. 

NATAH
10 minutes ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

the lighting is very colourful :samanthac:

one could argue what do castles have to do with Born This Way?

what does a storyline about a journey to the monster ball have to do with fears of fame?

interludes about her mental health with an album about her aunt?

her albums have never been locked to one theme

mother, what must i do?

I think its nice, conceptually, but not really in keeping with the message.

However, it is reminiscent of the artppop palmtrees that inflated from the ground so I think it's a nice concept to have, and paired with the artrave catwalk (aka the best ever for fans who buy tickets..

But yeah, she should save it for a longer tour. Possibly with multiple stages with catwalks between... to give everyone their moment.

Gaga911chroma
26 minutes ago, Benji said:

All of the promo images with text and the Free Woman cover etc are references to UK/European rave culture.  You’ll find a tonne of posters that look similar stuck everywhere in European cities.  The rave scene, is also very “brutalist” as they tend to take place in ex-warehouses and huge nightclubs.  I always got the CTB theme throughout the whole Chromatica era, it’s closer to what the album seems to be about rather than bright neon colours… but then that’s the difference between the European and American rave scenes.

EXACTLY THIS! I never understood why people are so hung up on this bright color planet idea when the most consistent imagery and aesthetics from Chromatica have been HR Giger cyberpunk meets 90s warehouse rave. 

pussycat

Everyone always obsessing about orginal this and that. Orginal LG5, original ARTPOP, now this. Get over it tbh it must be so tiring for an artist

Cameltoe Chariot
23 minutes ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

Um... girl :billie:

Here's two pages directly from the album booklet :partysick:

Screen-Shot-2022-08-19-at-1-46-00-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-08-19-at-1-46-15-PM.png

:ladyhaha:

Archived