đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How has Kylie Minogue survived so long?

Better Day

Featured Posts

Better Day

How come Kylie Minogue survived so long in the music industry? 

Firstly, she appeared in the soap “Neighbours” (RIP) then when she first started in the industry in 1987, she was just a pure manufactured cheesy pop star, by Dolly she released a cheesy cover of a 60s song as her debut single. She had a few hits in the late 80s then after Better The Devil You Know, her career was in decline until in 2000 she released Spinning Around and she cemented her status within the music industry. She still has massive success, the only artist that can still make a greatest hits album go to #1 in 2019.

What was her key to success? 

I mean, I love Kylie but her career should of ended in the 80s due to how manufactured she was. She just kept going despite mismatched albums (Kiss Me Once) and battling cancer, she is still releasing certified great music to this day. Long live Kylie Minogue. 

Together You And I!

Gimme More

Even though she’s Australian, she’s a national treasure here in the UK. Every single British person loves Kylie.

She seems passionate about what she does and seems to enjoy it. Plus she’s got a very big fan base. Those things probably keep her going :) 

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Cameltoe Chariot

The fact that you can write all of that and question her status as an influential pop icon without even MENTIONING her album Fever and the industry defining single Can't Get You Outta My Head... my god :wtfga:

Fever is *the* blueprint of 2000s pop and literally paved the way for every female pop artist moving forward.

Anveeroy
10 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

That’s the thing, she never wrote a song until Impossible Princess 

Umm where did you get this info? She worte some songs for Rhythm of Love which is her third album, released in 1990. Impossible Princess released in 1997. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Better Day
Just now, Anveeroy said:

Umm where did you get this info? She worte some songs for Rhythm of Love which is her third album, released in 1990. Impossible Princess released in 1997. 

I stand corrected

Together You And I!

Anveeroy
Just now, Miss Dolly said:

I stand corrected

Eeeh?

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

bionic
  • Lots of people knew her as Charlene from Neighbours, a very friendly character, and so a lot of those feelings were projected on Kylie and she was given the same fondness

• Easy, accessible pop music. She didn't write it all and she wasn't the best singer but she was good at what she did, didn't rock the boat too much, and released a lot of good music. The music wasn't hard hitting and was very radio and family friendly

• A visual based artist and also pro-LGBT so gays worshipped her as they continue to do so today 

As you've said, post-80s pop Kylie took her music in a different direction and her career suffered for it. She toured and sold music mostly based on core fans (mostly gays and nostalgic women). She used this time to develop her artistry and performing skills. Early 2000s, Kylie returned to pop with an absolute banger and her career lifted off again. She was a fully formed artist

buy bionic

Some people like their stars to be kind and compassionate. Kylie is the most unproblematic pop girl that I can think of. 

androiduser

she has consistently produced quality pop music and videos in trend with the eras, she has great work ethics and she is professional, which goes a long way in the industry, she is a talented live singer (not the greatest vocals but she uses what she has to the maximum) and she is a pleasure to work with according to everyone who has ever worked with her. She has always been loyal to her loyal fanbase, so the support was consistent, and all of this resulted in a successful career for over 3 decades

jimmytimestep
4 minutes ago, Meat said:

Some people like their stars to be kind and compassionate. Kylie is the most unproblematic pop girl that I can think of. 

This. Kylie Minogue is talented, beautiful, and above all...kind. She always keeps it simple, and yet...always delivers.

Truly, who else? Sure there have been slight adjustments and experimentation; but Kylie is a pop star that never, in my opinion, took massive steps to "re-invent" herself.

A legendary entertainer. We are very lucky to have her and to live in an era where she still creates and entertains.

Archived