Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
society

Scotland becomes the first country in the world to provide free period prod

Midnights Mayhem

Featured Posts

Nathan

As always, Scotland is leading the way while England continues its slow decline into complete poverty.

You Scot’s need to leave already 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
Midnights Mayhem
6 minutes ago, Nathan said:

As always, Scotland is leading the way while England continues its slow decline into complete poverty.

You Scot’s need to leave already 

October 19th 2023 cannot come soon enough. 

Midnights Mayhem With Me
  • Thanks 1
WheresMy911Alice

Not the "Period Products Act" :bear:

But slay tho. This is a right

Midnights Mayhem
1 hour ago, r4therupbeat said:

England better be next

Ha, not with the tories in power. The tories refused to feed children in poverty during the pandemic. 

Midnights Mayhem With Me
  • Sad 1
Stevies Cockatoo

they really said periodt

you're not safe.
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 4
Economy

Interesting concept

But it makes sense. It should be considered a medical thing...

Its quite fascinating how many basic things that are needed for health related stuff that's over the counter has no kind of coverage and poor ppl struggle to get them 

• Like 2
PartySick
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Interesting concept

But it makes sense. It should be considered a medical thing...

Its quite fascinating how many basic things that are needed for health related stuff that's over the counter has no kind of coverage and poor ppl struggle to get them 

Here in the US there's a few states where certain schools (colleges and universities I think) are mandated to provide free feminine products in bathrooms. Planned Parenthood provides them, the Health Department will usually provide them (and condoms), and there's a lot of charity organizations that buy in bulk and give them to women who need them.

So, there's definitely options. But I know if I were a woman I'd be furious at ever having to spend a penny on it :rip:

Florida hasn't had a tax on them for years but most quality tampons and other products are still ridiculously expensive.

Daffodils and pale red carnations
  • Like 1
SamanthaC
3 hours ago, PartySick said:

Here in the US there's a few states where certain schools (colleges and universities I think) are mandated to provide free feminine products in bathrooms. Planned Parenthood provides them, the Health Department will usually provide them (and condoms), and there's a lot of charity organizations that buy in bulk and give them to women who need them.

So, there's definitely options. But I know if I were a woman I'd be furious at ever having to spend a penny on it :rip:

Florida hasn't had a tax on them for years but most quality tampons and other products are still ridiculously expensive.

NC started that this year I believe. Period poverty is an issue. I don’t even know if we have a tax, guess I should pay attention more. But yeah like you said, is ridiculous how expensive all this stuff is. I can buy it with my flex card, which is money I contribute pretax to like a debit card, so thanks for that I guess government. 

she/her/hers
  • Love 1
nathantj594
On 8/14/2022 at 2:45 PM, Miss Dolly said:

It’s great news, but Labour would be so much better in power. Independence, then what? The nationalists have no policy beyond ripping apart the UK

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!
Midnights Mayhem
2 hours ago, nathantj594 said:

It’s great news, but Labour would be so much better in power. Independence, then what? The nationalists have no policy beyond ripping apart the UK

Scotland can control its own destiny and it’s own Government. 

Midnights Mayhem With Me