About TCB Spoilers... PLEASE do not put spoilers in thread titles as we have some users wishing to remain spoiler free. Please show kindness and respect. Thank you! ×

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
society

*Monkeypox* U.S Declares Public Health Emergency

Daenerys

Featured Posts

Article in Spoiler

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/biden-administration-declare-monkeypox-public-health-emergency/story?id=87543459

Spoiler

Amid growing calls from health officials across the country, the Biden administration declared the current monkeypox outbreak to be a public health emergency in the U.S. on Thursday afternoon.

The declaration, which was made by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, comes a little less than two weeks after the World Health Organization designated the outbreak an emergency of international concern.

By issuing a declaration, HHS will be able to take a series of actionsincluding accessing funds set aside for such an emergency as well as appointing personnel to positions directly responding to the emergency. It also gives Health Secretary Xavier Becerra significant flexibility to bend federal rules or waive requirements on government health programs like Medicaid, Medicare and the Children's Health Insurance Program.

"We are prepared to take our response to the next level," Becerra said on a media call Thursday. "And I ask each American to take monkeypox seriously."

A public health emergency declaration lasts for 90 days, but it may be extended by Becerra. There have been four national public health emergencies declared in the last 15 years.

Last week, New York became the first state to declare monkeypox a "disaster emergency," with officials calling New York City the "epicenter of the outbreak." Illinois and California soon followed, with both states reporting hundreds of confirmed cases.

There had been mounting pressure for the federal government to declare monkeypox a public health emergency, as confirmed cases have rapidly emerged in recent weeks.

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guillaume Hamon

• WheresMy911Alice

• chromaticpop

• Papergangstuh

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so your gay ass arms don't touch each other 

You guys we are not going to lockdown over monkeypox and your shows are not gonna be cancelled. At most, they'll space out the PIT more (or require yall to wear long sleeve shirts in a heatwave )

chromaticpop

There goes my chromatica ball shows :saladga:

It’s not that the concert is more important than the health and safety of the world it’s just why are we continuously having these pandemics happen :saladga: when will it ever end? Where are these diseases coming from? When will we be able to live our lives like normal again? :saladga:

Edited by chromaticpop
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, chromaticpop said:

It’s not that the concert is more important than the health and safety of the world it’s just why are we continuously having these pandemics happen :saladga: when will it ever end? Where are these diseases coming from? When will we be able to live our lives like normal again? :saladga:

Well they didnt anounce a lockdown yet so i think your oke

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, chromaticpop said:

Beach, you’re fine.

Bring some hand sanitizer, wear a mask and long sleeves, and don’t swap spit with anyone. :ally:

• Thanks 1
chromaticpop
18 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Well they didnt anounce a lockdown yet so i think your oke

Yea I’ll be @ the NYC show so it’s only a week away so I hope I can see gaga for the first time before everytning shuts down :messga: 

Saint Hollywood
Just now, chromaticpop said:

Yea I’ll be @ the NYC show so it’s only a week away so I hope I can see gaga for the first time before everytning shuts down :messga: 

Same here :air:

I was just about to go back to school too :selena:

• Like 1
chromaticpop
3 minutes ago, Saint Hollywood said:

Same here :air:

I was just about to go back to school too :selena:

Yup this. I was on the verge of registering for fall semester but now this scheiße happening again:saladga:

• Like 1

I don’t foresee another set of lockdowns again, but anything is possible these days. With COVID, when it was announced as a public health emergency March 13th, 2020 everything started shutting down a few days later and each state did it at their own paces so who knows what’ll happened in days to come. The thing to remember is to be prepared but not panic. While it is very contagious, casual contact won’t result in infection unlike COVID which is airborne. With Monkeypox you’d need to have full on physical skin to skin contact or touching surfaces that were in contact with someone that has it. 

Not to mention that the FDA is now working on changing how doses are administered so that the two shots are issued at one-fifth the size of the licensed dosage which would allow for more people to get vaccinated.

Hang in there folks we will get through this one as well.

Edited by Mister G
HotLikeMexico
20 minutes ago, Mister G said:

I don’t foresee another set of lockdowns again, but anything is possible these days. With COVID, when it was announced as a public health emergency March 13th, 2020 everything started shutting down a few days later and each state did it at their own paces so who knows what’ll happened in days to come. The thing to remember is to be prepared but not panic. While it is very contagious, casual contact won’t result in infection unlike COVID which is airborne. With Monkeypox you’d need to have full on physical skin to skin contact or touching surfaces that were in contact with someone that has it. 

Not to mention that the FDA is now working on changing how doses are administered so that the two shots are issued at one-fifth the size of the licensed dosage which would allow for more people to get vaccinated.

Hang in there folks we will get through this one as well.

I’m not getting my hopes up. COVID proved how shitty people are so I’m not expecting much. The right rather not infringe on their “rights” than to follow rules or do their part to help stop the spread. 

3 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

I’m not getting my hopes up. COVID proved how shitty people are so I’m not expecting much. The right rather not infringe on their “rights” than to follow rules or do their part to help stop the spread. 

Oh I agree; I mean the government already dragged their feet with the response altogether and just shows you how sloppy our responses to health crises can truly be. 

Papergangstuh

You guys we are not going to lockdown over monkeypox and your shows are not gonna be cancelled. At most, they'll space out the PIT more (or require yall to wear long sleeve shirts in a heatwave :cryga:)

Declaring it an emergency helps with the speed of vaccines, testing, etc.

You saw what COVID did to businesses. They aren't gonna do that again unless it's shown to be super deadly, which it hasn't. Also keep in mind THIS IS NOT a new virus.

Edited by Papergangstuh
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1
SpadesToStart

Monkeypox and Covid aren’t even in the same ballpark in terms of contagiousness. I realize everyone has a bit of PTSD when it comes to viral outbreaks, but y’all need to calm down.

(but to be clear the public health emergency is a good thing in terms of resource allocation :applause:)

Edited by SpadesToStart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2