Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Songs denied by gaga

CaliforniaDreamin

Featured Posts

CaliforniaDreamin

Weird question but I was googling if there’s any hard fact evidence on any songs that were released that got denied by gaga and another artist took on 

I feel like sia has wrote for every artist but not for gaga that we know of and that had me thinking, do you think there are any hits that gaga passed up? Or any good songs that sound like they were meant for gaga in mind but got denied? I can’t find anything besides from like 2009 which is no longer interesting to me 

lasagna

i dunno if this is what u mean but partynauseus got sold to sia(?). she rewrote it for the vox lux soundtrack and raffey cassidy sang it under its new name hologram

human turd

lasagna

also just my own personal opinion but i feel like private girl may have also been a gaga track originally given the teasing she done in 2011 for whatever "private in public" was. also the instrumental sounds very much like zedd so maybe it was rerecorded for ARTPOP and then sold to sia idk this is just my own speculation with no basis lol

human turd

Anderson123
5 minutes ago, lasagna said:

i dunno if this is what u mean but partynauseus got sold to sia. she rewrote it for the vox lux soundtrack and raffey cassidy sang it under its new name hologram

I think this was from the early ARTPOP sessions because Fernando Garibay is credited as writer so maybe the instrumental is his and Partynauseus the lyrics were Gaga's.

Right after Born This Way was released, Gaga said that music for her next album were "beginning to flourish" with Garibay. As we know, she changed the direction of the album with DJ White Shadow and none of Garibay's contribution made it in the end.

lasagna
2 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I think this was from the early ARTPOP sessions because Fernando Garibay is credited as writer so maybe the instrumental is his and Partynauseus the lyrics were Gaga's.

Right after Born This Way was released, Gaga said that music for her next album were "beginning to flourish" with Garibay. As we know, she changed the direction of the album with DJ White Shadow and none of Garibay's contribution made it in the end.

that makes a lottt more sense

human turd

CaliforniaDreamin
24 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Probably not because Gaga doesn’t shop for songs :ally:

Sour candy begs to differ.

stevana229

im surprised Gaga even accepts songs from other people. I thought she started everything from scratch. But Sour Candy was basically completely handed to her. melody, lyrics.. everything already done 

CaliforniaDreamin
2 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

im surprised Gaga even accepts songs from other people. I thought she started everything from scratch. But Sour Candy was basically completely handed to her. melody, lyrics.. everything already done 

It really did kind of make me sad 

not coming for Rihanna but Atleast she isn’t that bad 

I remember an interview with Rihanna asking her what her song she was most proud of was and she said diamond.  And I face palmed 

elijahfan
27 minutes ago, lasagna said:

also just my own personal opinion but i feel like private girl may have also been a gaga track originally given the teasing she done in 2011 for whatever "private in public" was. also the instrumental sounds very much like zedd so maybe it was rerecorded for ARTPOP and then sold to sia idk this is just my own speculation with no basis lol

Gaga was one of the main inspirations for the character of this film - it even includes a direct quote from the Monster Ball HBO special. While Gaga had 0 involvement in the making of this film, your feeling is somewhat legitimate in thinking there’s a link.

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

She’s started doing that recently and this shouldn’t be viewed as a bad thing: it shows she’s more open to collaboration and letting go of control (finally accepting to work with Max Martin also shows that spirit), and that’s honestly pretty healthy. I also think she always ends up putting her own unique spin to these tracks, so it goes beyond just laying down vocals on top of a ready-made instrumental.

Cameltoe Chariot
24 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

Having your co-producers present a half written track to you is different from shopping for tracks like Rihanna. She also added to the track AND suggested the Blackpink collab, which completely transformed the song into something else.

Rihanna's Diamonds is IDENTICAL to Sia's demo, write down to pronunciation in an australian accent :billie:

CaliforniaDreamin
5 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Having your co-producers present a half written track to you is different from shopping for tracks like Rihanna. She also added to the track AND suggested the Blackpink collab, which completely transformed the song into something else.

Rihanna's Diamonds is IDENTICAL to Sia's demo, write down to pronunciation in an australian accent :billie:

I’m not saying it didn’t have any gaga participation but it’s very lacking for gaga to do when she’s so proud of her writing 

Perfect illusion says hi with its 2 changed words 

Ladle Ghoulash
1 hour ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

Literally one example lolol

djfreemymind
1 hour ago, stevana229 said:

I was under the impression that her dominatrix verse was her contribution to the lyrics and song structure.. Chorus was already there and that was pretty much Blackpink anyway. At least that's how Burns refers to it during his Apple Music radio session (Gaga Radio? Lol).

Master, play me your symphony; I will answer to anything. Take me on a trip,

Archived