💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

MGM Lost The Rights To Tomb Raider. Alicia Vikander Won't Be Lara Anymore

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

MGM has lost the film rights to “Tomb Raider,” based on the popular video game, sparking a bidding war for the IP, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

MGM had till May of this year to greenlight a “Tomb Raider” sequel, and the window passed. A host of Hollywood movie studios are in the mix and put in bids, according to multiple insiders with knowledge of the project.

Alicia Vikander, who starred as Lara Croft in 2018’s “Tomb Raider” is no longer attached to the project. Insiders add it’s a complete reboot and there are no casting or director commitments. Rights reverted to the game company, then the game company and Graham King’s GK Films made a deal to rep the IP.

https://www.thewrap.com/mgm-tomb-raider-movie-rights-bidding-war-exclusive/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Poker

Good. I really didn’t enjoy the last adaptation. I think that, different to what happens with adaptations of stories that are more lore oriented (resident evil comes to mind) the tomb raider franchise is popular for Lara. They can tell an original story respecting the character personality and traits and it would be better than just adapting the latest video game.

Kindness rules all.

JaysAMess

Honestly, just bring Angelina back as Lara for a third Tomb Raider movie. Angelina has proven that she can still deliver when it comes to action movies (she gave older Lara vibes in Those Who Wish Me Dead).

elijahfan

Good, the last film was really forgettable and as much as I enjoy Alicia's work, she wasn't a great Lara.

NATAH

thank f*cking christ. this and square enix selling the IP is creating a positive future for tomb raider :tony:

mother, what must i do?

River

I totally forgot about this movie, I think I forgot about it after the trailer because I never watched it lol

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

elijahfan

Also, imagine being a big studio like MGM that has almost 100 years of experience in filmmaking and that literally doesn't know what to do with an IP like Tomb Raider... That's what happens when you put bankers in charge instead of creatives, and I find it extremely worrying.

Elliot Parker
44 minutes ago, JaysAMess said:

Honestly, just bring Angelina back as Lara for a third Tomb Raider movie. Angelina has proven that she can still deliver when it comes to action movies (she gave older Lara vibes in Those Who Wish Me Dead).

yeaaaaaaaaaah, she fit so well in the movies and she brought the essence of classic Lara and a background that Lara didn't have, and this is reflected in the games to this day.

sexy angelina jolie GIF

And she is ****ing iconic

Lady Gaga Compliment GIF

Elliot Parker

I think the next movie needs to be a original story, not a ripoff of the new games, unless the classics, I'm particularly in love with the story of the first one

tumblr_o1oax2R61X1v6uq2to1_500.gif

JLoveLamar
22 minutes ago, Elliot Parker said:

I think the next movie needs to be a original story, not a ripoff of the new games, unless the classics, I'm particularly in love with the story of the first one

I'd LOVE a story from the first, second or third. The 2nd is my favorite.....and the only one I've completed in full

In a couple of years Millie Bobby Brown could be an EXCELLENT more "geeky" Tom Raider. The whole bombshell approach is kind of lame tbh. 

Poker
1 hour ago, Elliot Parker said:

I'd love that but it'd be tricky! It'd have to be extremely faithful to the source material to no be considered bad and it has supernatural elements that they would try to avoid imo.

Kindness rules all.

Archived