đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mandes' tour cancelled

Levine

Featured Posts

Oriane

This is such a harsh decision to make but it's very wise and brave from him to do it.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Mr Ricky
1 hour ago, chromatic puzea said:

really? :triggered:

Literally, what's wrong with him?? I'm asking lmao. I know nothing about Shawn Mendes. :laughga:

Crossfit

andy232000
28 minutes ago, Mr Ricky said:

Literally, what's wrong with him?? I'm asking lmao. I know nothing about Shawn Mendes. :laughga:

He has a lot of anxiety and struggles with coping. It seems touring just puts him at a very sensitive state. 

StrawberryBlond

Let's just be honest, we have seen this kinda reasoning for some time now when there's not been a lot of hype going for a certain tour which suggests that what it's really all about is tickets struggling to sell. The fact that he stopped just before he was about to wrap up the Canadian leg (which is his home country and therefore probably sold the best) is a bit of a giveaway. Wonder didn't make a dent on the charts, Monster was the only song that charted well and even then, it dropped like a stone once its initial peak passed and all promo stopped very soon. I completely forgot he was even touring with this album. It's sad because he was on the rise for a good number of years but his star seems to be fading, it's just reality. Coupled with the fact that he may still be moping about his split with Camila and the constant rumours around his sexuality (none of which have ever had any credible proof), it's all probably taking its toll. The fame's doing a number on him and that post probably is saying a lot more than we know.

gagaisitalian
On 7/27/2022 at 1:26 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

Let's just be honest, we have seen this kinda reasoning for some time now when there's not been a lot of hype going for a certain tour which suggests that what it's really all about is tickets struggling to sell. The fact that he stopped just before he was about to wrap up the Canadian leg (which is his home country and therefore probably sold the best) is a bit of a giveaway. Wonder didn't make a dent on the charts, Monster was the only song that charted well and even then, it dropped like a stone once its initial peak passed and all promo stopped very soon. I completely forgot he was even touring with this album. It's sad because he was on the rise for a good number of years but his star seems to be fading, it's just reality. Coupled with the fact that he may still be moping about his split with Camila and the constant rumours around his sexuality (none of which have ever had any credible proof), it's all probably taking its toll. The fame's doing a number on him and that post probably is saying a lot more than we know.

Yeah, this was much more about ticket sales than mental health. His shows weren't selling nearly as well as his previous tours, and I'm sorry, but no other profession lets someone take months off of their career just because they have mental health issues. This is the profession he chose, and he needs to find a good on-call team and coping mechanisms to persevere through jobs he signs up for. Apparently this tour was planned around his mental health anyways, so yeah, low ticket sales are to blame.

He + this new era of Gen Z pop stars really use mental health as an excuse to move on from flop projects. They know that with the discussion around mental health, people will have a hard time calling them out. But I'm just calling it like I see it.

My bottom line thinking here is that:

1. If he's not gay, the gay jokes shouldn't get to him. Zac Efron, Harry Styles, and many other male celebs have so many gay rumors floating around them simply because gay men WISH they were gay. It shouldn't hurt someone so much if they aren't actually struggling with their sexual identity.

2. There has been a theme the past couple of years of Shawn beating around the bush about how he wants to be his "authentic" self, yet he never reveals who or what that truly is and he releases the same, boring Top 40 wannabe tracks that give no insight to him as a person. He clearly isn't being authentic with his fans or his music.

3. His star is fading, and this tour being cancelled is a bit of the last nail in the coffin of the Shawn we've known the past decade. I loved Sean, I've seen him live five times and had a friendly interaction with him once at a music festival. But I truly think he is hiding something about himself and is disconnecting from his audience and himself and the music from Wonder onwards has been lackluster. I also think his relationship with Camila put a lot of people off from both of them simply because of how weird and staged it constantly seemed.

Long story short, it's time for him to reveal his "authentic" self and risk losing some fans or whatever and just start releasing some real, meaningful music. Maybe that means he won't be an arena touring artist anymore, but it could mean his mental health is taken care of and he can continue being a musician.

And before anyone comes for me, I do believe he has mental health issues and I'm not denying that. I think him hiding his real self + flopping a bit the past couple of years are forcing him into a quarter-life crisis. But I do not think it's an excuse to cancel 80 dates of an 87 date tour.

RichAssPiss

I hope he gets help and gets well, but maybe his "team" is not as wonderful as he thinks. He could easily screw off into the wilderness and chill with the money he has made, yet his whole life and his relationships and every inch of his body has been milked for cash since he was a child.

RichAssPiss

I hope he gets help and gets well, but maybe his "team" is not as wonderful as he thinks. He could easily screw off into the wilderness and chill with the money he has made, yet his whole life and his relationships and every inch of his body has been milked for cash since he was a child.

magichat

Can’t we just state the obvious? Besides his sexuality “issues” which we can all speculate on forever: he just isn’t very good. His music is boring. He is boring. He had a few hits. He will never be an arena artist. 

Archived