opinion

Share your CBT impressions

Bat

Featured Posts

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FFXIV WhiteMage

People keeps on comparing CBT to The Weeknd’s tour saying how superior it was so I watched a live stream on youtube and ghurl :saladga:

Gaga’s performance in CBT is incomparable. Her vocals (her vocals were heavenly :pray:) , dance, and connection to the audience were all top notch.  Though the weeknd’s lighting were great coz its like there’re fireworks and flash bangs every other second. But nonetheless, I can’t believe people belittle CBT with those standards :what:

JLoveLamar
6 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

She hasn't even bothered to remix her old hits like Just Dance and PokerFace. I mean, it has been 14 years since those songs came out and she hasn't changed a thing musically. Even the dance moves all look the same - fast/every dancer in sync/intense. Why doesn't she change it up? Its repitive and boring now. 

I disagree with this. I hate it when they remix their big hits. It might be my favorite song and they add all that crap to it? That pisses me off

2 hours ago, artraver112 said:

This basically explains the #1 problem with the stage. A great stage design doesn’t mean flying catwalks, mechanics or screens. It has to take into consideration the live audience, people on the front, the sides and on the back. If most of the attendees can appreciate what is going on onstage then the design has succeeded. This ball is as a STADIUM TOUR, and the stage is LITERALLY closed on the sides. It’s like booking a hotel with views to the beach and your room has a tiny window to the parking lot. Does it makes sense?

I get some people don’t like the stage because they expected it to be a literal planet with tons of props and glitter, and it’s ok, my main issue with it is that the concept of it being a concrete monolith doesn’t justify the people on the sides witnessing almost the whole concert (LIVE) from a small screen (how bizarre) and getting screwed over.

I know this wasn’t directly a decision made by Gaga, and that she doesn’t sit and draw the plans to the stage, but it saddens me that the assigned team of designers did a mediocre job when they could’ve had the opportunity to take architectural inspiration to a whole other level. If you take away the media and visuals (which are effective to impress the audience, although years ago her team took a drastic route with the BTWB set having 0 screens and it being one of her best stages) it has no wow factor.

I loved her performance, makeup, the setlist and some of the costumes and it is objectively one of her best tours. I’m grateful she’s touring again and that she is giving us big energy and love. I wish it was taken to a 1000% scenically because there was a lot of potential left.

Ps. Some people here need to learn to take criticism, it’s ok not to like everything about a tour. And some people here need to learn HOW to make criticism and not attack and insult other members. And artraver112 I’m sorry you were disappointed and that you missed some of what was going on but at least you saw her live! I wish I could experience that someday!

9 hours ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I think the stage was meant to be that way... cold and plain... and brutal like your darkest thoughts...your mind when it is sick.

I just had a thought from what you said :udidnt:

If the stage was meant that way, to reflect her mind when it's sick, then we can see how at the point when she was leaving her trauma.. she left the stage during singing Babylon and Free Woman. She goes to the other stage and sings love songs. When she comes back to the big stage there is pink and she sings Stupid Love, showing that love is healing :pray: :legend:

Aussie

I wish I could see this tour live. All the videos I’ve seen so far reassured me this classic Gaga. I don’t know why some are hating the stage, setlist etc It’s epic!!! And I really really hope we get an official release of this tour!! I’d like to have seen a few songs from Joanne and ARTPOP but again, this looks insane as it is!!! 

I waited a couple of days to gather my thoughts and leave my honest opinion on the opening night here.

Now that I'm leaving Dusseldorf and flying back home, I think it was honestly a great show BUT I do understand why some fans are frustrated.

People need to understand stadium shows are not made for die-hard fans. There's no way any artist will skip on the biggest hits in favor of deep cuts from any album. It's just given that she will do a setlist that is most acceptable to GP.

As for the stage, I think it was just over hyped and expectations were too high. There's no excuse for having a boxed stage that is blocking the view for people from sides though.

I was in the GC and the visual experience + energy was through the roof. Also Gaga walked right next to me twice, I could have touched her. :giveup:

As for Gaga, she absolutely delivered, no one can claim differently. She's in the best shape physically since TFM. Vocally, she's unstoppable. Choreo, outfits, makeup, hair can be discussed, but for me they just worked great together with the entire concept. I actually think it was genius of her to swap the Chromatica concept everyone expected for the brutalist, minimalistic and dark theme.

In general, I feel like those two hours were over in 5 minutes, and now I really understand why people attend the same show multiple times! There's just so many things going on at once. I was just in state of trance the entire time since this is the first time I saw her since the BTW Ball. 

HIghlights for me: ARUTW (I literally manifested this one into the setlist!), Replay, 911, Sour Candy (solo version without BP is fire!) and Enigma.

I didn't record the show, I just wanted to enjoy it and be 100% present - and I wish more fans did the same.. :coffee:

17 hours ago, Super said:

love the theatrics of it

love that the choreography is finally taking her health / body into account. I always felt that choreos lately were too hard on her body and also very all over the place .. she was barely breathing on the VMAs 

also im so happy that richy is gone. this tour is going to be a blast

Ladle Ghoulash
On 7/17/2022 at 5:26 PM, Suspiria said:

In some ways I'd say its her 2nd best tour. Everything looks soooo elevated and sophisticated. Its like classic Gaga but more mature. The subtle references to her past. The interludes are her best ever, the makeup and hair is beyond sickening. The production was top tier, it all just felt so polished and cohesive and beautiful. I feel like these are the visuals the album shouldve had all along.

The sound design, the atmosphere, the lighting. And the camerawork when she was going through the crowd in FW, her face omggggg she looks incredible.

She didn't sound her best and there was almost no fan interaction, but that's always the case with the first show, I'm sure she'll get better with each one.

The setlist totally sucked though lol. Missing a chunk of Chromatica, no ARTPOP (after the whole petition? Is she insane?). We really did not need telephone or lovegame, like seriously who is asking for those. If she has to do TF/M why not paparazzi at least. Even the order of some songs just didn't feel right, like BTW piano-BTW dance-then back to piano. Idk, I really hope there are changes because the setlist is really not good IMO. Also the finale outfit was so underwhelming. A leather jacket lmao?

Overall though I love it. I really feel like this is the content I always wanted from her. I hope she's so proud of this show, it's amazing

Idk I feel like her voice sounded the best it has in years 

peto flex

The Replay and Babylon choreos 😍😍😍 But im missing Paparazzi and Applause/Aura/GUY

💎💎

Noah

I went to the Opening Night and I saw BTWB, artRave and JWT live prior to this.

I must say, hands down - this is her best Tour.

There is a focus that she has here, that I felt like lacked the other tours to push it over the Top. I‘ve never experienced 2010Ga live, but I think this is what she was like. This is the ultimate Form of Gaga. The Setlist encapsulates her perfectly. The Choreos - she executes perfectly. The Visuals and the Light. Wow. Is the box a bit annoying? Yes. But, It truly is an experience regardless. You can feel her power through the stadium when shes singing Enigma or Shallow. She is just so different (energy wise) this time. She really feels like this bigger than life, legend.

⟡ ⋆ ËšïœĄâ‹†đŸŠąâ‹† ËšïœĄâ‹†âŸĄ

Jarvin
58 minutes ago, Noah said:

I went to the Opening Night and I saw BTWB, artRave and JWT live prior to this.

I must say, hands down - this is her best Tour.

There is a focus that she has here, that I felt like lacked the other tours to push it over the Top. I‘ve never experienced 2010Ga live, but I think this is what she was like. This is the ultimate Form of Gaga. The Setlist encapsulates her perfectly. The Choreos - she executes perfectly. The Visuals and the Light. Wow. Is the box a bit annoying? Yes. But, It truly is an experience regardless. You can feel her power through the stadium when shes singing Enigma or Shallow. She is just so different (energy wise) this time. She really feels like this bigger than life, legend.

EXACTLY!

CharlieQuinn
20 hours ago, Mirage said:

This basically explains the #1 problem with the stage. A great stage design doesn’t mean flying catwalks, mechanics or screens. It has to take into consideration the live audience, people on the front, the sides and on the back. If most of the attendees can appreciate what is going on onstage then the design has succeeded. This ball is as a STADIUM TOUR, and the stage is LITERALLY closed on the sides. It’s like booking a hotel with views to the beach and your room has a tiny window to the parking lot. Does it makes sense?

I get some people don’t like the stage because they expected it to be a literal planet with tons of props and glitter, and it’s ok, my main issue with it is that the concept of it being a concrete monolith doesn’t justify the people on the sides witnessing almost the whole concert (LIVE) from a small screen (how bizarre) and getting screwed over.

I know this wasn’t directly a decision made by Gaga, and that she doesn’t sit and draw the plans to the stage, but it saddens me that the assigned team of designers did a mediocre job when they could’ve had the opportunity to take architectural inspiration to a whole other level. If you take away the media and visuals (which are effective to impress the audience, although years ago her team took a drastic route with the BTWB set having 0 screens and it being one of her best stages) it has no wow factor.

I loved her performance, makeup, the setlist and some of the costumes and it is objectively one of her best tours. I’m grateful she’s touring again and that she is giving us big energy and love. I wish it was taken to a 1000% scenically because there was a lot of potential left.

Ps. Some people here need to learn to take criticism, it’s ok not to like everything about a tour. And some people here need to learn HOW to make criticism and not attack and insult other members. And artraver112 I’m sorry you were disappointed and that you missed some of what was going on but at least you saw her live! I wish I could experience that someday!

This. You pretty much explained my point but better lol. Btw, thanks for making the point of giving and accepting criticism without insulting.

Love everything about the show. The stage is my only concern. I get the concept and like it but I think it should have been executed better. Hopefully it's design doesn't obstruct the view from any seat in the stadium.  I know it has 2 screens on the sides but we all want to see Gaga in person :saira: 

Suspiria
10 hours ago, deactivated001 said:

Idk I feel like her voice sounded the best it has in years 

Maybe it was just the bad livestream i watched it on, she sounded a bit pitchy and strained at times. But even if that is the case I'm sure it was just down to nerves and she will be back to usual by the next few shows

Archived