💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
brand

Nintendo Acknowledges Same Sex Marriage & Purchase Animation Studio

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Nintendo issued an update on the company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives yesterday, and while this is normally a pretty stale kind of thing to read through as a fan, this particular publication had one thing that stood out.

As spotted by Go Nintendo, in a section called Introduction of a Partnership System, Nintendo announced that as of March 2021 the company has had a policy whereby “same-sex partners” can enjoy the “same benefits as employees in an opposite-sex marriage.”

That’s a big deal! While there have been attempts at both a national and municipal level in recent years to change this, it was only a few weeks ago that Japanese courts upheld a national ban on same-sex marriages, ruling them unconstitutional. In a case held in Osaka, and decided on June 20, it was found that “under the constitution the definition of marriage did not extend to partnerships between people of the same gender.”

Nintendo mentions;

In the Code of Conduct for our employees, we had already established that “we do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, nationality, ideology, religion, creed, origin, social status, class, occupation, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity,” prohibiting all forms of discrimination. In addition to introducing the Partnership System, we revised our internal regulations regarding harassment to clearly prohibit discriminatory comments based on sexual orientation or gender identity, as well as disclosing someone’s privately held sexual orientation against their will.

Alongside the introduction of the Partnership System in Japan, we notified our employees about the issue of gender diversity with a message from our President as a means of raising awareness of what diversity means. In this message, the President called for all employees to adopt a renewed understanding that even speech and actions, which are not intended to harm, can cause significant emotional pain, asking for understanding and support to create an environment in which everyone can work comfortably.

In other news, the Japanese gaming behemoth just announced it’s buying CG animation and motion capture studio Dynamo Pictures, now to be known as Nintendo Pictures.

Dynamo Pictures, based in Tokyo, has been around for 30 years, providing CG work and motion capture for games and anime. It recently worked on motion capture for Persona 5, Nier Replicant, and Death Stranding, while creating computer graphics for the likes of Ghost in the Shell SAC_2045, Studio Ghibli’s Earwig and the Witch, and Nintendo’s own Pikmin Short Movies.

The deal is a complete buy-out, intended to complete by October 3, Nintendo says it’s purchasing “100 percent of the outstanding shares” so Dynamo becomes “a wholly owned subsidiary to strengthen the planning and production of visual content in the Nintendo group.” The company also, rather coldly adds, “The Acquisition will have only a minor effect on Nintendo’s results for this fiscal year.” Poor Dynamo, I’m sure it’s a big deal for its fiscal year.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2022/220714e.pdf

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-pictures-dynamo-animation-mario-movie-metroid-1849178102

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-japan-same-sex-marriage-gay-law-ruling-1849171499

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

bionic

Can't wait for the same-sex romance in Pokemon Scarlet/V****. It is Spain after all! 

buy bionic

RudraCNG
13 minutes ago, Eido said:

Funny considering they were against that in their games :oops:

Well, depending on the game. There are Nintendo IPs very progressive like Mother saga which portrayed gays in a good light (impressive considering it's a 1989 game).

tylerjs

I am unable to make my characters have gay s*x in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which is inherently homophobic on the part of Nintendo as a corporation. In this essay, I will

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

RahrahWitch
1 hour ago, Eido said:

Funny considering they were against that in their games :oops:

I find it so strange that when relationships are involved it's only straights allowed when there's actually a few LGBT characters already in Nintendo IPs, Like birdo  :saladga: make it make sense 

TheOriginalOne

Update Three Houses and LET ME GHEY ROMANCE CLAUDE FOR CHRIST SAKE 😭

Archived