littlepotter

I don't wanna hear about this woman ever again

chaeri pls

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
11 minutes ago, SpadesToStart said:

I think the reason the trans movement continues to struggle is because there are so many people like you who insist on berating and belittling others who are actually on your side. 

No, it's because transphobes exist and they're horrible people and THEY are the only people to blame. No one else. Enough with this harmful and gross rhetoric. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Catnikko
5 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

In other words you're saying the reason transphobia is strong today is trans people fiercely defending their right to exist and not be the butt of jokes. That's not it sis

No.. I feel like the post is saying that when someone (yes stupidly) doesn't understand something, the world in return shouting abuse at them is not going to help them understand it.. It's just going to make them double down in their stupidity.. 

Actual patient

Debithius
14 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

In other words you're saying the reason transphobia is strong today is trans people fiercely defending their right to exist and not be the butt of jokes. That's not it sis

Again, not what I personally think about trans issues, this what people like JK and Macy think. I am not sympathizing with them.

Adrenaliner

I am scared with the way the U.S. is progressing that trans and gay people are gonna be in trouble next

hieronymus

It's amazing and disappointing how many people are speaking in hypotheticals to rationalize the behavior of this psycho bigot.

ALGAYDO
36 minutes ago, SpadesToStart said:

I think the reason the trans movement continues to struggle is because there are so many people like you who insist on berating and belittling others who are actually on your side. 

You think trans people are losing their civil rights, being murdered, and all-around being denied their existence… because of people defending them in the first place?…. Make it make sense. 

TwistedTeeth

I think "fans" of Joanne really like to forget that not only is she transphobic, but wrapped in one bigoted burrito along with racism, homophobia, and deep roots of antisemitism. Anyone that supports her is immediately on my blacklist because there's absolutely no reason to agree with any part of what she's done.

I also say "fans" because a lot of these conservative pricks are suddenly rooting for Joanne, even though they were the same ones wanting to burn the books for promoting witchcraft. Now that she's all on board for oppressing trans men and women they'd LOVE to tell you which house they're in. She's just a lame tory now.

Ranked FFXIV's Worst Player with the Best Pecs!

Cameltoe Chariot
40 minutes ago, SpadesToStart said:

27 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

No, it's because transphobes exist and they're horrible people and THEY are the only people to blame. No one else. Enough with this harmful and gross rhetoric. 

I think both of these statements are true, though :oprah:

As much as there are raging transphobes obsessed with blocking healthcare and legal protections for trans people, there are also people with no exposure to trans people in their daily lives who say problematic things and then are immediately berated instead of being given the chance to learn and correct their behaviour.

And when those innocent but ignorant types are "cancelled", the transphobes are there waiting with open arms to further radicalize them :partysick:

JanStan
4 hours ago, Debithius said:

Disclaimer: I am not sympathizing with transphobes. I am only trying to explain how they see it, even if I don't agree with it. It's important to understand how and why they view certain things and then tackle them/disprove their views that way because what these people are doing is not okey.

------

I would say that the reason people are obsessed with trans persons the way they are today, is because of how the internet treated people who had valid criticizm/arguments and questions when trans issues started to become a hot topic. Because before it became a hotly debated topic in the media, these discussions were already taking place online. People involved expected everyone to understand immidietally or they were considered transphobic if they had questions or criticizm about something they never really understood. The way the "woke" crowd responded turned them off I guess.

People have grown very bitter because of this and because they are tired of seeing people getting cancelled they formed their own little army to fight back with the same amount of force I guess.

It doesn't mean that what they say or do is right but nobody wants to recognize each other's point of view on the matter. But yes, people like JK and Macy need to chill for a moment and really think this through.

You made the fatal mistake of actually acknowledging the argument from the other side. According to some you HAVE to argue for the sake of arguing and not actually ADDRESS the issues. This insanity from both sides is why I’m leaning towards sitting out the next election. 

Debithius
1 minute ago, JanStan said:

You made the fatal mistake of actually acknowledging the argument from the other side. According to some you HAVE to argue for the sake of arguing and not actually ADDRESS the issues. This insanity from both sides is why I’m leaning towards sitting out the next election. 

Well if we don't aknowledge it then how do we fight against it ignorance if we don't even know where to strike?

Poker

She’s trash. And it’s worst knowing that she had an impact on so many young people who felt different when they were young and her books were gave them comfort.

Kindness rules all.

JanStan
5 minutes ago, Debithius said:

Well if we don't aknowledge it then how do we fight against it ignorance if we don't even know where to strike?

Exactly right. Some of the responses to your post attacked you for JUST acknowledging why JK and Macy were doing what they were doing. You didn’t even agree with them. The behavior of the extreme left is no different then the extreme right. They are just different issues and the tactics they use are the same. Youre not the problem, they are. 

Serial Chiller

Omg not the HP clowns ALREADY gaslighting people into thinking we were too mean and evil to JKR. 

Riddikulus...

🤡🤡🤡

SpadesToStart
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

Say what you want, but the moral high ground means nothing if your movement constantly ostracizes both people who support you and people that are in the middle and could use more education.

Archived