đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Carolina By Taylor Swift becomes the biggest debut for a soundtrack song

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

thisboyisamonster

I think the song is amazing. Sounds like a folklore b-side!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThisGuyTony

Ugh. It just becomes more and more apparent the GP doesn’t care about Gaga anymore. 

VasilisVas

All these years later and I still fail to see the appeal for Taylor. I’m not saying I don’t like her, but I really do feel she’s over glorified. 

VasilisVas
24 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Ugh. It just becomes more and more apparent the GP doesn’t care about Gaga anymore. 

That’s not true. Taylor is literally shoved down everyone’s throat and you see her all over the place and it’s nearly impossible to not come across her music. Gaga seems more low key and doesn’t seem to care for charts. Gaga seems to be happy by doing what she’s doing, releasing what she’s releasing, and staying out of the light if she doesn’t have anything going on. 

Naak Le Vaar

Good for taylor. I like the song, it feels like it could be on folklore. I hope this gives her the validation she's always starving for

Lmao they blocked my signature

Dojo
1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

is this sarcasm? Shallow is in the top 10 of the biggest songs ever made in history and ROM was a big hit :bradley:

Alfonso

Nice! Love Taylor but I’m not a fan of the song, I’m honestly just waiting for her next project or re-release (these soundtracks/all to well/eras have been too long already)

PartySick
5 hours ago, ItsCaseyPaul said:

Maybe I just live under a rock? :messga:

You are not alone tbh. I only know 'cause it's been shared here by Gaga stand comparing stats to HMH and....another song whose name I forget :bear:

đź–¤

StrawberryBlond

I gotta say, as much as Taylor doesn't usually impress me, I really like this. This is exactly the music I hoped she was going to make when she announced Folklore. I thought that meant songs like the gorgeous Safe & Sound but Folklore and Evermore were pretty boring, from my standpoint. But this is the kinda thing I can get into. I'm sure those opening figures are only because the song just came out, though. Its YouTube versions have had less than HMH's first day did. I notice that for all Swifties support her regular singles, they weirdly leave her many soundtrack songs out in the cold, particularly the ones she's done recently. I don't get it as some of them are quite good. Though, soundtrack songs tend to be supported more by the public as a general rule. Ordinarily, I'd say this has huge potential as an Oscar contender but the academy has never nominated Taylor. The music academies love her but the movie set just seem to have no time for her. But there is a lack of big movie songs out this year, so maybe it'll be her first. Still rooting for HMH, though, that's on another level.

Chromatography

the excuses in this thread are fvcking hilarious. “only bc of the swifties” “boring song” etc. as if hold my hand doesnt have the same criticisms lmao

LilyLark

I mean, are people surprised? Taylor is one of the only artists-besides Adele-who debuted pre 2012 and still has massive streams. Her albums outsell everyone by 3x as much. Her stans also have streaming parties, etc.

That said, I like her music but Carolina sounds exactly like a Lana Del Rey song. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but

thatslife

Not her best song but her voice is lovely. Her lower vocals are under appreciated imo

This will sound batash*t insane on this forum but eh. It's no wonder she planned the recent paparazzi pics considering how many gay things happened these the past 48 hours

Archived