MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

politics

SCOTUS: Public funds can go to religious private schools

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

PartySick

Religious institutions should be entirely separated from public funds. That means churches retain a tax exempt status and religious schools are barred from collecting public funding.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha puta-a-a puta-a-a
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
Reginald

I really hope The Satanic Temple opens religious private schools :shadow: :lmao: If the court wants to push this religious agenda, maybe it will backfire spectacularly.

Edited by Reginald
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 7
Morphine Prince
16 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Religious institutions should be entirely separated from public funds. That means churches retain a tax exempt status and religious schools are barred from collecting public funding.

Private schools shouldn't get any public funding, period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
PartySick
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Private schools shouldn't get any public funding, period. 

I mean, true.

9 minutes ago, Reginald said:

I really hope The Satanic Temple opens religious private schools :shadow: :lmao: If the court wants to push this religious agenda, maybe it will backfire spectacularly.

And a Muslim school. That's sure to rile their tiny minds :gayhat:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha puta-a-a puta-a-a
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 3
26 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Hail Satan! 

satan GIF

You chew beef, I wear meat.
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
AbhainnTirim

Okay, I’ve firstly got mixed opinions on this. Overachingly, I oppose this, as we should be moving towards a centralised, properly funded single sector, publicly owned education system to ensure standardisation of quality and access to education across all schools to ensure all children are receiving their right to education.

However, on the interim, potentially these schools receive funding could aid the schools in running better educational programmes, which would ensure that kids are receiving a good education, regardless of where their parents decide to send them. Although, we know that the necessary reforms aren’t happening, and this is a further attempt by the radical right to push funds away from public education towards radical religious camps in order to indoctrinate our children. Maybe if the radical right actually focused on improving public services, maybe we wouldn’t be so angry about taxes and throwing $$$s to pay for some businessman’s profit, when it would be cheaper in the public sector.

12 hours ago, PartySick said:

Here in Canada they get some funding too and I think the reasoning is that religion is still just a part of the curriculum. All the other stuff is still taught that tax payers typically pay for because it still has to meet government standards

So the church still has to fund some of the schooling costs in exchange for having their name in it and being able to throw in some of their doctrins but not the entire costs cuz the majority is still government curriculum 

No funding at all would basically be the expectation that in order to teach a bit of religion they have to shoulder ALL the education costs the government requires

So I don't think it's as unfair as ppl here are making it out to be. 80% or more of the corriculum is still educational services the public needs and benefits from so I don't see why a subsidy is so terrible

That being said I dont think these schools should exist at all. Some parents who don't associate with that faith end up sending their kids there for convinience sake because sometimes it's the only school nearby and I don't think religious schools should be taking up school space. But they are popular in my province cuz they help reduce education costs 

Edited by Economy