đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Bloody Mary is a masterpiece

Featured Posts

TheOriginalOne

YAASS! I used to be obsessed with the instrumental and listen to it everyday on the school bus on my way to school! :music:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Gloria

The JWT performance was amazing. I really with the JWT had been filmed professionally. Maybe it was and just never released? 

Babba the Hutt

It's my favorite Gaga song :firega: It's creepy and has a nice beat.

It also got this amazing remix!

Smother Em Eh

Yessss! One of my all time favorite Gaga songs! Only Gaga could make a song like BM! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Smother Em Eh

It’s magically haunting, edgy and dark and just a masterpiece! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

LadyEnigma

the thing that makes this song so special is because literally ONLY Gaga can make it, you have never heard a song like Bloody Mary before it.

Ziggy

It’s interesting she says that “it’s not super deep but works as a pop song” because I think, in the most respectful way, that’s the way I’d describe her at her best. She doesn’t need to overthink something or do something entirely unheard of. She just needs to do it her way. So it can be somewhat “simplistic” pop, but it just works because all the Gaga cylinders are firing. Bloody Mary is so good and far and away my BTW favorite because what conceptually could have been a filler or bonus track becomes this insanely dynamic texture to the BTW sound palette 

Devacceli

I'm so glad she made justice for this song on JWT with this performance. Sorry, but the BTWB one was not it for me.

nswain1110

From the moment I first listened I’ve loved this song. It’s been one of my absolute favorites in her discography, not just the album. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

favorite because what conceptually could have been a filler or bonus track becomes this insanely dynamic texture to the BTW sound palette 

this

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Devacceli said:

I'm so glad she made justice for this song on JWT with this performance. Sorry, but the BTWB one was not it for me.

Tbh it helped that her live vocals were better than ever here. It’s honestly just a shame this got relegated to the swapped out section because I was in an outdoor stadium and would have *loved* seeing this. The red act made the setlist shine, for me, so it’s occasional omission based on the lifting of the bridge was the only bummer surrounding the JWT for me

I LOVE it but I remember reading a critique of the album that said too many moments are lyrically empty, and from now on I can’t un-hear it. The repetitive “GA- GA” and the “dun dun da di da” are prime examples. 

Archived