💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Bloody Mary is a masterpiece

Featured Posts

This song deserves more praise.

According to Peter Robison at PopJustice, the song is a spooky rave ballad sung from the perspective of Mary Magdalene. Gaga revealed the song title in NME magazine.

"Bloody Mary is quite subtle actually, it's a song about Mary being divine and human at the same time, with a subtext (maybe it's not even a subtext) about the role of a woman who is supposed to be a superstar and a real woman at the same time. Not life alteringly deep perhaps but it works as a pop song."

NME magazine described the song as “A dark, pulsing and atmospheric, almost funeral electroballad, one of several tracks including ‘Judas’ with religious references.”

What does it mean to you?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaism

A fact. It’s one of her best productions, it’s quality is just out of this world. 

Wixson

My favorite Born This Way non-single. :giveup: I love October because it's the only time it gets some proper attention. 

Just now, Wixson said:

My favorite Born This Way non-single. :giveup: I love October because it's the only time it gets some proper attention. 

There's something creepy and beautiful about this song

It's amazing and I wish it was one of the songs that she'll likely perform at CBT, although I know it won't happen :giveup:

There was also this fan music video project for it: 

It's so gorgeous :enigma: 

Night Vision

In the top five of her entire discography, a literal masterpiece :nooo:

River

She doesn't own her masters though

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

holy scheisse

It was allegedly supposed to be on the fame monster for a reason (legends only on that album) 

2 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

It was allegedly supposed to be on the fame monster for a reason (legends only on that album) 

Where does this rumor stem from?

TimotheeChalamet
15 minutes ago, qoqo said:

It's a very obscure rumor coming from fans who claim to have read some leaked TFM tracklist where a song called "Bloody Mary" was included.

It could either be a very initial rough demo scrapped from the original TFM sessions or a coincidence because Gaga used to own a car (?) she called Bloody Mary, but nobody has actual proof of both scenarios. 

It's ancient info so I could be wrong tbh

holy scheisse
34 minutes ago, qoqo said:

16 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

It's a very obscure rumor coming from fans who claim to have read some leaked TFM tracklist where a song called "Bloody Mary" was included.

It could either be a very initial rough demo scrapped from the original TFM sessions or a coincidence because Gaga used to own a car (?) she called Bloody Mary, but nobody has actual proof of both scenarios. 

It's ancient info so I could be wrong tbh

what they said haha. Idk if the rumor is true but I like to think it is :pray:

BlingNotTheMusic

So true and we love to see the BTW recognition :heart:

I'm ready for her to ditch Bloodpop and hire Boys Noize to produce LG7

mixmag GIF by Boys Noize

alsemanche

Its my favorite song on BTW and her second best song after BR 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived