Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Artists being forced to make TikTok

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

here’s what i have to say:

im not gonna invalidate anyone’s feelings but if i was told to make 10 tiktoks in one week i don’t think i’m gonna be appalled about it i mean, i want my music to sell and they’re like 15 second videos what’s the worst that can happen:shrug:

and remember when pop stars go from studio to studio every single day for televised performances and interviews:popcorn:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NATAH
4 minutes ago, Lighter said:
 they’re like 15 second videos what’s the worst that can happen:shrug:

doing something you really don't want to do again and again with no break in between can be mentally taxing

mother, what must i do?

cherrycherrybooboo
8 minutes ago, Lighter said:

they’re like 15 second videos what’s the worst that can happen

just dance was made in 10 minutes

i know that mom and dad think im a mess but its alright because i am rich as piss

Teletubby

most of the hits come from TikTok so labels want them to promote music there. this is part of their job, they are paid for it.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

alsemanche

I'm pretty sure it's more annoying than recording a 15-sec video because they have to get ready for it, do 5000 takes to get a good one, etc. These people probably don't even like tiktok or creating that kind of content so I get the annoyance. 

7 minutes ago, Lighter said:

and remember when pop stars go from studio to studio every single day for televised performances and interviews:popcorn:

I'm sure that isn't fun or interesting either for some artists but I guess interviews are more 'standard' and that's why they don't complain about them as much. Plus I imagine interviews are more fun and interesting to have because you're at least talking to another person about your work. And performances are what most artists love doing so they probably aren't a problem either. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

BleepBloop

Well, tiktok still carries a negative connotation (it’s cringe), so most artists don’t enjoy using it

Anderson123

I think it's just part of the job because of how easy it is to just do short videos and keep your name in people's minds. There's a lot people using Tik Tok so of course record labels would want their artists to make a little effort to maintain the average attention they need, especially for new artists or those who probably need promotion.

I know it can be exhausting keeping up with Instagram, Twitter and now Tik Tok so they get drained or just lack creativity on what to do there or they're just not in the mood but I guess it's something they signed up for. We don't really know what Gaga feels right now about all of that but there was a point in her career when she was miserable so it's nice to see that with time, she got to do what she wanted and learned to say no.

I don’t really see why the onus is placed on the artist to make the tiktok.  I’m sure there’s a whole marketing team at the label that would have much better insight to what would make a viral tiktok. Just draft up some ideas to share w the artist then have them do their part and move on. *Good* content creation is a lot harder than I think most people realize.

thehanyo
18 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

most of the hits come from TikTok so labels want them to promote music there. this is part of their job, they are paid for it.

Artists are never paid for PR, it's part of their contracts.

Benji

I get why it’s annoying.  Artists make music because they like making/performing music… they don’t do it because they want to make short videos hoping they’ll go viral :laughga:

Promotional campaigns are taxing if you don’t want to do them.  At least with talk shows etc. you and the show are mutually benefitting from each other’s audiences but TikTok puts all the pressure onto an artist to hope they make a successful video.

I dont hate it bc theyre promoting it, i hate it bc its super cringe! for example shakira doing that dance for Te Felicito and trying to make it go viral. Or even lizzo with About Damn Time. It feels super forced. Now when a song goes viral on tik tok organically (lika Say So for ex) thats better  and way less cringe :laughga:

pachinko

She chose this life. This is what it takes to be successful nowadays in this industry. 

Archived