RINA SAWAYAMA - THIS HELL (OUT NOW)

chemicalx

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstertoronto
On 5/18/2022 at 7:36 PM, Suspiria said:

Lyrically I hate it. Like is the whole "gays go to hell" thing even relevant anymore, the last time I saw anything like that was a decade ago. And the whole defanging the devil thing is so tired.

Sonically it's pretty fun though. Still hyped for the album.

I’m really surprised to hear you say that. The US has done a hard turn backwards towards conservative positions. There’s more religious condemnation against gays now than there has been in a long time.  They reversed roe v wade which no one thought could happen. There is a lot of talk about the Christian Right coming after gay marriage and gay rights next. I see posters about this even in Canada and we are currently doing better politically than the US on liberal issues. You make homophobia sound like it’s passé like fashion but it’s actually a current and terrifying threat. 

Ladle Ghoulash
10 hours ago, sarcamstic said:

i absolutely LOVE the song. it’s incredible. feels like electric chapel meets rina’s campy, catchy charm. :firega: i’m so excited for the album!

on another note, am i the only one who doesn’t hear the country influence in it at all? :laughga: i heard the nod to shania at the beginning, but the rest is just a pop banger with electric guitars.

Weirdly, I feel like the melody kind of reminds me of early 2000s pop country 

Starmie25

I feel so bad, I started laughing when i heard the hook đź’€

Quasi
8 minutes ago, Cyber Babylon said:

Which la gay wrote this song?:ladyhaha:

Rina Sawayama. :patrizia:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

VasilisVas

Listened and didn’t like it at all. I see a lot about Rina on here and I was hoping to like this song, but I found it to be very cringey. 

Serial Chiller
On 5/19/2022 at 6:36 AM, Suspiria said:

Lyrically I hate it. Like is the whole "gays go to hell" thing even relevant anymore, the last time I saw anything like that was a decade ago. And the whole defanging the devil thing is so tired.

Sonically it's pretty fun though. Still hyped for the album.

way to tell on your liberal bubble. :billie:

HausOfAntonio

Its good but I do admit a liiiittle cringey :oops: The single cover is immaculate. Should’ve been the album cover. 

sarcamstic
18 hours ago, deactivated001 said:

Weirdly, I feel like the melody kind of reminds me of early 2000s pop country 

i can finally hear it! i watched her tonight show performance & listened to some shania today… i could bust out a good ol’ saloon line dance to THIS HELL :firega:

flying like 1000 birds

BillieGOAT
On 5/18/2022 at 7:36 PM, Suspiria said:

I got it screamed at me outside a concert 2 months ago

Pennywise

I mean... I don't want to bring this up but some of you have the nerve to like a certain song about plastic dolls and then say that THIS song is cringey or cliche? :ladyhaha: 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

ItWasntLaauv

I wish I liked the song more, but the lyrics are a bit cliche and obvious for me. Like I don’t mind cliche at all, but if she found a way to flip it just a little bit, I think it would be more interesting that way.

Maybe it’ll grow on me. Still waiting for her to top “RINA” and Alterlife.

Archived